My Mood
    Cold
    I am a negative person and I'm proud!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    600 views, wow. Glad to know my discussion was popular

I feel like I'm riding high, haha

Last edited by Auxilium; 05-31-2014 at 08:17 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post

It wasn't necessarily about every person with depression, but the constant negativity, pessimism that the people constantly express, bringing down the mood of the entire area. If you're depressed, fine, but don't make it other people's problems. Not that everybody does that, but most I have experienced around me do.
    Ok. A few things here. Take note you're on a forum consisting of a demographic ranging from around 10 years old to 16. That's pretty much low hanging fruit for self-diagnosed emos. Life is tough so fuck you for questioning it right? Sure there are a few here that may have it but I guarantee that a lot of the people on this planet (not all) who claim to have it or they question your experience with it have only gone through depression as a mood or as a short term fluctuation in their behaviour (ie as a coping mechanism to trauma). A select few would have gone through or will still be suffering from clinical depression or MDD. The people that YOU experience are also perhaps not going through clinical depression either. There are a lot of people out there who actually pretend to be depressed. Because there is so much emphasis on helping those with clinical depression a lot of people have become outwardly pessimistic and depressive in their nature to bid for peoples attention. Pretty fucking counter-productive, mainly because the more people out there claiming to have some kind of disorder the more society tends to accept the disorder as normality.

As for my personal experience, I myself can say I have had my bleak moments in life but I would never go so far as to say I was depressed, even after I've had attempts on my own life. I'm just not in a professional position to do so. In terms of others around me, I tend to find that a lot of people that I know to be diagnosed with clinical depression and psychotic depression tend to be normal amongst friends and even strangers. On the surface they look to be perfectly average. The only time I've noticed someone being outwardly depressed was when they had melancholia. But people with melancholia tend to be reclusive anyway.

I think you had good intent behind the post but you could've worded it better. But then again, the amount of ad hominem being flung around suggests you wouldn't have had a good discussion regardless of your wording. It's a lot easier for kids to attack you based on your preferences for an avatar then to actively engage in discussion even if they have an opposing view.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

Auxilium (05-31-2014),StayTrue (06-01-2014)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345