Thread: Did you notice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Did you notice

Dis is da 1 sexction where RAncE don't act like feg

Anime related?

Black Bullet needs to hurry the hell up and get to the action part. Jesus. Although I did enjoy meeting the new character and the awkward love scene, alongside with some of the character development.
    Godlike.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    BB needs to hurry the hell up and make a decent goal for the characters.

Thanks
    Did you know you act like a fag in every section?

I'm going to watch Black Bullet today (probably) and it better not be shit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    God.... idk I dont watch this anime. Is it REALLY worth it?
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    Black bullet isn't the worst thing i've seen this season. Might as well give it a go.

And ya none of us are fags here since there's only like 5 people who actively post in the section and discussing anime is serious business man

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Meh still one of the better Anime this season.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Rance-sama View Post

It isn't shit but its not the best.

As @Color said, its one of the better animes this season. It just needs a tad more character development and it'll be on its merry way.
    @gamer4evere , Yes its worth it, I'd give it a try.
    Godlike.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    I better see some action on next weeks episode, I was really hoping for some in this episode, but nope, more adjuvant shit.
    Always ask for confirmation before and after adding me, I am not responsible if you get scammed by my impersonators

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Astronaut. View Post
    It isn't shit but its not the best.

As @Color said, its one of the better animes this season. It just needs a tad more character development and it'll be on its merry way.
    @gamer4evere , Yes its worth it, I'd give it a try.
    will try sometime in the future.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    I was going to write a review but one of my favorite reviewers on MyAnimeList already did it, so here.

You know, at first I thought this was the adaptation of an action manga, so my expectations were not very low. But then I found out that the manga is just a different adaptation of the real source material that is a light novel. That was enough to lower the bar a few thousand miles.

So yeah, Black Bullet, a story based on a light novel; what could possibly be worse? Why, pre-air hype of course. There wasn’t nearly as much as there was for Mahouka, which aired along with it, but the ones who had something to say about it was this: It is basically Attack On Titan (AOT for short) in the near future. Oh such joy and wonder; we are already comparing it to the most overrated title from the year before; what could possibly be worse? Just for the record, the similarities are far more than its premise, since the show is almost deliberately paying tribute to AOT. Partially the same opening song, the same voice actor for the protagonist, the same season it came out. Disregard the fact that is in fact much more similar to Blue Gender, since that show is older than 2 years and thus almost nobody knows of; Black Bullet is exactly like AOT. Only worse. Far worse than that overhyped mediocrity. Imagine that.

Let’s dig into the wonder that is this show now. The introduction is basically showing us the protagonist being almost killed by invading giant bugs. Someone saves him and we get one of the most retarded one-liners ever: “If you don’t want to die, survive Rentaro.” Yeah, and if you don’t want to be hungry, eat Rentaro. Turns out it was a very bad fansub translation but whatever; it was more than enough for the cracks to start appearing. Because immediately after that we get a time skip, which automatically means shit happened out of screen and all character progression just jumped over the cliff to its doom.

To make a long and very laughable story short, the tone of this show is the definition of inconsistency. One moment it will be dark and violent, the next it will be bright and comical. I mean, really, one moment people are screaming in horror as they are butchered to pieces, and immediately afterwards you get naked lolis who want to have sex with the protagonist. And then back to dark stuff, and then back to funny stuff for a dozen times per episode. Breaking the monotony is one thing, having a propeller at full speed as a mood swing is another. There is no time invested in getting to feel anything or anyone that is going on it in.

I have heard some trying to excuse that as something normal. If you live in a world where giant monsters attack daily and kill people, everybody will be considering that normal. This way it is easier to explore the setting since the characters in it will be reacting to it in a normal way. So the constant mood swings now make sense! One moment you witness a guy brutally killing police officers, and all your reaction to that would be to go buy beans at a discount. Dear retarded defenders of this logic, hear me out. IF THE CHARACTERS DON’T CARE, NEITHER DO THE VIEWERS CARE.

Ok, now for the real reasons of why this happens. The first one is because this is based on a light novel, where shit happens and everybody forgets about it after five minutes. Nothing matters in light novels; it is all one big joke. The second one is because the anime rushes to adapt multiple chapters per episode, to the point the pacing is ridiculously fast. There is no time invested in anything and all drama is magically fixed after seconds. You literally get characters introduced, and after exchanging a few lines they either get killed or learn something, and the protagonist acts as if he knew them for decades or that they were talking for days.

Let’s move to the next issue, which are the themes of the story. First of all you are never given the impression that humanity is on the verge of extinction by huge bugs and that there is some sort of horror/survival going on in here. Nobody cares about it. In fact, we don’t even see the population having anything to say about that, since the plot centers immediately on the protagonist trying to stop some masked dude who wants to destroy the world for some contrived reason. Second of all you see that the way to defeat the bugs is to fight fire with fire. Some lolis are born as hybrids, and they can be used against them. They are even called humanity’s only chance for survival. Yet the bright people of this world treat their only hope as abominations, torture them and exile them. Why? Because they are stupid and want to be exterminated. So much for the theme of discrimination; it makes no sense. It would if it was about peaceful times and regarding trivial things like skin color. But mistreating the thing that can save your life, and which can easily cut you into little pieces if you piss it off? You deserve to be used as decorations you idiots!

This brings us to the protagonist of the show, Rentaro. He is an agent who has his super loli partner and goes around killing these bugs. In between missions, he goes to school where he does and learns nothing, buys beans after witnessing his fellow men being killed, has harem comedy moments with big breasted bimbos, and goes around being a good Samaritan to super lolis who are mistreated by the retarded population. His motives make no sense, since he is never given a good reason for why he doesn’t just join the masked dude and kill all those racist idiots, just so he can create a just nation of super lolis with him as the emperor. Because he is strong enough to do that and he obviously fights for justice, and really likes those super lolis. Thus he is effectively a boring public servant with no vision or goals in life. Why is he even the protagonist?

His super loli on the other hand is a far better character. Cute, powerful, has a tragic life, and is even willing to be naked all the time and have sex with you just to show you her affection. Who wouldn’t like that? By the way, she is ten. But love knows no boundaries, right? Anyways, whatever drama they were trying to build around her being mistreated from others for being special is magically resolved after a few minutes, so all interest you could have about her evaporates fast.

The only other character who is barely worth to mention is the masked evil dude, and only because he was OP for 3 episodes. Seriously, this guy could brush off any fighter in the show and keep going on his quest to destroy the world because… err, discrimination shit and because he was made to destroy stuff. Yet all his awesomeness evaporates as well after he faces the protagonist for the fourth time. Which is also one of the biggest asspulls in the show. You see, he could have killed him anytime he liked but he didn’t because he liked him for no particular reason. And even after he seriously tried to kill him, it gets revealed that Rentaro is some sort of a super soldier with hax skills. After that the roles are turned and the cool masked dude is toast in a few minutes.

And this leads us back to what I said about light novels treating everything as a joke by making events be forgotten a few minutes after they happen. If Rentaro had so much power, why didn’t he use it from the beginning? By not doing so, dozens of people were killed and the city was almost destroyed. Also, why didn’t he or his booby supervisor tell the rest of the fighters about his power? They stayed silent and let them all attack the masked dude, leading to their undeserved deaths. So didn’t anyone accuse the hero for being an ass about it? Or why didn’t anyone reward him for at least beating the dude and saving the city? Why is everybody forgetting everything he did (or didn’t) for them? And the answer is: Because it’s a light novel; no further explaining needed.

Thus the protagonist is not only boring and lacks vision, he is also an asshole with high doses of plot armor. Yet the author keeps trying to throw in some sort of drama around him that means nothing exactly because he is overpowered and the pacing is so fast that everything is solved in a few minutes. There is a scene for example, where Rentaro is about to shoot a huge monster that is about to destroy the city. He is a proficient gunner, he has a clear shot, nobody is trying to throw his aiming off, and yet out of nowhere he is acting scared and doubts his overpowered skills. With him having no weaknesses, and with no time invested on his fear, that scene was, aside from rushed, also completely retarded.

And if you think all that could be solved if the pacing was slower and there was more time invested on the characters and the setting, sadly it isn’t so. The worst problem this show has, that almost eclipses all the other issues, is its terrible exposition. Everything is told, nothing is showed. And by everything, I mean even the most fundamental information is thrown at our faces. Everybody talks in a forced way, telling us things that normally would never be mentioned, making the characters feel fake and us retards for needing everything explained. A simple scene would play out like this:
    “Hello woman of the organization that gave me the bullets. What are you doing in my apartment, on the fourth floor, during the afternoon? You want me to cook you some fried fish because you are hungry? Ok, sit next to that sofa that was given to me by my uncle. In the meantime I will start cooking. Look, I am cooking. I cook the fish. See? Fish.”
    Plain ridiculous.

I could think of more stuff to write but I think these are more than enough to realize that Black Bullet is a very good example of when everything that could go wrong, goes wrong. There is nothing to like in it, unless you are not thinking while you are watching, and all you care for is just laugh at the harem lead trying to run away from horny naked ten year olds who want to have sex with him
    I agree with his review entirely.

Thanks
    I was going to write a review but one of my favorite reviewers on MyAnimeList already did it, so here.

I agree with his review entirely.
    TL;DR? summarize please. Just got home from work and that's long as fuckkkk.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post

TL;DR? summarize please. Just got home from work and that's long as fuckkkk.
    Black Bullet sucks. He rated it 2/10 but I'll give it a 4/10 for loli.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

I finally got decent internet so i'm DL'ing BB.

(I just downloaded Jojo's and Kara no Kyoukai)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

I finally got decent internet so i'm DL'ing BB.

(I just downloaded Jojo's and Kara no Kyoukai)
    Don't even bother, it's really bad. You should check out Selector Infected Wixoss, Mushishi and Tonari no Seki-kun.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    [COLOR="Black"]
    Black Bullet sucks. He rated it 2/10 but I'll give it a 4/10 for loli.
    Decent animation. Horrible characters, horrible plot, too much focus on loli/moe shit not enough motivation, comedy is rather weak, action is pretty weak.

I'd rate it 3/10 now. Some interesting things happened, but ov

If your into mediocre anime or don't have anything else to watch you can bump that up to 6-7/10, which means "average".
    Last edited by Empire; 06-05-2014 at 09:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast