Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    with 7k you could get way much better car but that subaru needs a lot of work

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    As a general rule of thumb, never buy a car with over 100k miles on the clock no matter what the price and never buy a car with a major part of it's structure broken. I can't speak from personal experience (duh) but I suggest that you either find a working version of the car you're looking for or find a new model completely.
    I never really researched the maximum amount of miles you should buy a car with, but now I do. Thanks Scotia

Quote Originally Posted by Ionizer View Post
    And as a second note, you said you're 14 earlier.

You won't be driving this thing yourself until you're at least 16, and I wouldn't recommend an old rally car that became a piece of shit through neglect and mechanical wear to anybody, let alone a brand new driver who thinks he's invincible.
    I don't think I'm invincible.

I can tell why it's cheap.

217,000 miles is way too high. I don't even bother past 100k.

You're going to pay 1/3 the price of the car to fix the transmission, not worth it.

Just you can deal with it, that isn't an excuse to not fix exhaust or power steering.

There are dents all over. Not to mention the body at the rear wheel passenger side is rusting. It will be at least a few hundred dollars to fix it properly. And if you don't fix it, it will only get worse.

This car is a piece of shit. Don't get it. With how bad the body is, and all the mechanical failures, I guarantee you there are a ton of other mechanical problems that you don't notice.
    While all that is true, with the extra 4 Grand I have left over (And more coming after I get payments from my latest clients) I think would be enough to do an low mileage engine swap, 06 WRX Tranny swap, and work on the Exterior and shit.

Really it's all about determination, and a big budget. Not to mention, being able to

Quote Originally Posted by Delko DJ View Post
    with 7k you could get way much better car but that subaru needs a lot of work
    I was thinking of an old 1999-2004 Mustang GT and putting a couple of grand into Engine upgrades.
    Successful Trades: 52

Scammed Trades: 6

Vouch Profile!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Müller View Post

While all that is true, with the extra 4 Grand I have left over (And more coming after I get payments from my latest clients) I think would be enough to do an low mileage engine swap, 06 WRX Tranny swap, and work on the Exterior and shit.

Really it's all about determination, and a big budget. Not to mention, being able to
    That's retarded. If you're going that far you might as well get a different fucking car to begin with. That Subaru has nothing special about it that replacing the engine, transmission and spend hundreds if not thousands on the body to fix it is even worth the effort. Just get a better car to begin with.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

That's retarded. If you're going that far you might as well get a different fucking car to begin with. That Subaru has nothing special about it that replacing the engine, transmission and spend hundreds if not thousands on the body to fix it is even worth the effort. Just get a better car to begin with.
    The whole thing about getting a messed up piece of shit car, is for the experience of repairing it. Or the sheer joy of your favorite hobby.

Say the same exact thing about an old broken down Mustang. It can be cut in half, but someone will buy it, and restore it. Doesn't matter how "Fucking retarded" it is.
    Successful Trades: 52

Scammed Trades: 6

Vouch Profile!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12