Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick

Mobile DayZ Standalone ESP

After finding a bit of motivation, I have finally made some actual headway on a project that I mentioned a while back. The whole premise operates on a basic server and client socket interaction. After lots of frustration, I had found that Java is just too difficult to use when dealing with direct memory. Instead, I have created a simple server in C, which also handles the reading of in-game map data, while continuing Android application development in Java. My next goal is to implement the Google Maps Android API and interpret the stream of map coordinates with an end-result of a fully-functioning mobile ESP/map hack. I have no idea when it will be finished just because I'm generally not reliable when it comes to finishing projects, and I tend to get bored really easily.

Last edited by Woodhouse; 07-10-2014 at 06:14 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    holy sheet this would be awesome...

Thanks
    You should really finish this, it would be greatly appreciated if you did.
    It would probably end up making it easier for me to actually find my friends instead of walking around like an idiot for hours on end.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post

How's the project coming along?
    Need a friend? Private Message
    Need a Middleman? Add me on Skype: HERE or Copy & Search >> 'aussie_sniperx'
    ---------------

Ex-sections:
    DayZ
    OFPS
    OMMORPG
    M.A.T
    OSPFPS
    Battleon

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertice View Post

How's the project coming along?
    It's coming. Probably gonna leave the app and free and open source. As far as the server goes...I dunno. May just give directions on how to create one and aid anyone in their development because I'd rather not release it publicly and have people be banned and lose out on $30 just for a day's worth of use....even if I did update it. I will have already done the hard part the with the app and all.

Thanks

It's coming. Probably gonna leave the app and free and open source. As far as the server goes...I dunno. May just give directions on how to create one and aid anyone in their development because I'd rather not release it publicly and have people be banned and lose out on $30 just for a day's worth of use....even if I did update it. I will have already done the hard part the with the app and all.
    Release it in closed groups to people you see fit.
    Or have an application to deem it from.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by Anesthetic View Post
    Release it in closed groups to people you see fit.
    Or have an application to deem it from.
    Tried with another project of mine. Didn't work out. People ended up either trying to upload or sell it. I have two options. What I mentioned above or selling it to those I see fit with a managed software license system. I'd rather not sell it though as it tends to cause problems.

Thanks
    Not to be mean. Consider this a challenge rather then a insult.

Assume you have a 300kb file (~3/10ths) of a MB. With values being streamed into via a streamwriter from a program in the background. This file is constantly edited (hundreds of times per second). And is then in turn uploaded (takes time) to a central server. Viewed (takes time). Sent (Takes time), and downloaded (takes time) via an Android Phone (kindle in his case).

Still, one might think that this will only take around 1-2 seconds to occur. Now take this into account. (I'm sure the OP has already, just informing people that think this may be an easy job for him)

But isn't this literally a CSharp or C++ program (not sure which you are using) that does everything that a normal ESP/RADAR does and reads the memory. Then sends all this information to a server. Players, coordinates, etc, map coords. Then you just draw that to a picture box on your android phone created via ECLIPSE IDE.

This would be very very very very ineffcient and slow.

There are elements that have to be considered here that are some very out of your control which would make this crash. No offense. It is possible. But, it is highly unlikely that it would be successful.

If you've ever worked with a client server architecture in CSharp slash C++ you'd know that it approximately takes a good few seconds (if you have really good internet) for the ftp connection to establish a "proper" connection with the server host (this really depends on your location, wifi strength, and upload speed, and the servers download, and upload speed).

Assuming that it does make this connection successfully, you cannot multi-thread this into a mass connection. It'd lag the clients internet, connection, and with so many connections going out would cause both the server (depending on its stability) and the client to most likely crash before the 200th connection is sent out.

Assuming you will update this at least one time per second (Or it is kinda rendered useless) Who likes a skippy radar.

Even if you wanted to update once per 5 seconds. The server and the client (assuming they can keep up at this rate) would sustain more latency when the server attempts to send this connection (packet) back to the client (android phone), this is totally dependent on the client (So Woodhouse would not have control over this) producing even possibly more latency (most likely 1second+) for the droid to open up a ftp connection, and the server to send this to the phone. The file downloaded. (take note after uploaded from computer client) And to put the file to use :

This is the easy part.

But it could take up to +1 second to render each player on a map.

Take note, the phone is already being bombarded by ftp connections from the server, which is in turn getting bombarded by the client.

I attatched a drawing of this system in action (as I perceive it)

Overall. This is unreliable. And too much work to even be useful. The amount of successful connections that will make it through the whole chain is kinda very unstable.

For instance only about 1 in 3 connections sent will most likely go through completely successfully depending on the client (android phone)'s speed and internet connection.

It'd basically be a dumb way to produce a radar. Why not just grab the information from your PC and put them on a winform. It's the same concept but not on mobile.

Why go through the trouble of sending it through a mass stream of client server client architecture when you can do it all on a winform..

Take note people this will not change the ban rate. There is still a program in the background reading from the game (hacking) and can be sigged. Banning you as easily as the average public hack.

This is my take on this discussion. I love your idea. It is fantastic, and I'd love to see it. But I'd like to see it done rather then use it myself. As this would be pretty freaking cool to see stability across the line that wide.

All wrapped up :

Constantly sending, receiving, and reading is LAGGY

If this was to come into success. This would be your DayZ experience :

You are in Elektro. You start this program. Immidiatley your PC will start to lag a bit (the initial FTP connections are beginning to open and connect to the server). But it's not very noticeable if even noticeable at all. You get the first pictures to your Android Phone within per say 3 seconds. You see there is a guy in the firestation base in Elektro. You're in the church. 3 Seconds later and a framerate drop of at least 10 frames. (10 more if your using fraps to record a trailer for this). You receive your second picture. He is now moved 15 meters out of it towards the church. You are blindsided because the next image has not synced yet. This one does not make it. You receive your next image 6 seconds later due to a dropped packet by the server being bombarded still by client connections. He has spotted you. And you don't know where you are, you're just sitting there, one arm on the keyboard, pinky on the mouse. Right hand in the air holding your phone to the sky hoping to receive the next image on your phone. Bikes flying in every direction. A sniper 600 meters away about to fire a shot. Little did he know you already knew he's there, well, at-least 6 seconds ago. Guy running from the firestation towards you. Framerate drop. Freshspawn. Rick Roll music starts to play from a naked man running wild. Forearm now taking control of the keyboard, both hands to the air, stretching as far as you can to the sky. You hear a sound, a glimmer of hope. You look to your phone. Boom. You get it.

Not the image.

A bullet to your head.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    ElEVC5V.png  

Last edited by N7292; 07-17-2014 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks
    Making the assumption that they use the mobile net. WiFi Fibre.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anesthetic View Post
    Making the assumption that they use the mobile net. WiFi Fibre.
    WiFi wouldn't be any faster. For all we know, you (I for one) get better internet on mobile net. I live in a big city. So that's just me. But still. This isn't a good idea at all. Why not just make it a real program. Like I said, all it will do is add latency issues to the hack. (Maybe not for some people with grade A++ Internet (fibre)), etc. But it will add latency for most people. It does not help with bans. And it's just a radar.

To be honest, I don't see the excitement.

I did a FTP connection file transfer test to explain this to you. From my computer to a server (a server I own, 35-40 ping) :

Opening the FTP connection and establishing it with the server :

There : 85 MS
    Back : 110 MS
    RoundTripTime : 195 MS

Beginning to upload (via my C# Application 2 MB text file) :

There : 2100 MS
    Back : 68 MS
    RoundTripTime : 2168 MS

Downloading the file (via my C# Application (wifi, PC, same text file) :

There : 1098 MS
    Back : 38 MS
    RoundTripTime : 1136 MS

Whole Process Break Down :

Code:
    RoundTripTime (Opening Connection, 195 MS) + RoundTripTime (Uploading File, 2168 MS) + RoundTripTime (Downloading File, 1136 MS) = 3499 MS (Aprox 3.5 Seconds Total).
    Assuming that we are then going to put this text file to use, writing to it before opening the FTP connection and reading from it, then drawing after we close the connection. Would add an extra most likely 2000+ MS.

You would be expecting approximately 5.5+ Seconds minimum to receive the positions. Assuming the server won't miss one (which it will, multiple times per minute) due to overloading it with FTP connections.

This is unreasonable, imho.
    Last edited by N7292; 07-21-2014 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by N7292 View Post
    ...Then sends all this information to a server. Players, coordinates, etc, map coords. Then you just draw that to a picture box on your android phone created via ECLIPSE IDE...It'd basically be a dumb way to produce a radar. Why not just grab the information from your PC and put them on a winform. It's the same concept but not on mobile.
    You're making a lot of assumptions, lol.

• There is no central server. It's a direct communication with the phone and system. Also, I'm dealing w/ much smaller file sizes, and I'm not using C# which tends to be a bit slower...So those benchmarks don't really do anything for me. Though, at this scale, I suppose it's not too significant.
    • I do have experience with the Winsock API and know of its reliability and speeds. As of now, I haven't noticed any significant drops in performance when playing the game and running the server desktop application.
    • It's not a simple picture box. I'm using the Google Maps Android API w/ a custom tile overlay. Did you even read my OP?
    • I don't see the problem with making it mobile. Do I really need to release another map form that is based off and looks exactly like another person's project? There are tons of those out there already. I took this up for my pure enjoyment. It will be there for people to build off of. Not everyone has another monitor or wants to tab out of the game to see where they are.
    • I don't think I ever said this would eliminate bans or anything, so I don't know why you feel the need to bring it up. Pretty sure I remember mentioning bans being a problem in this thread already anyway

But thank you for taking the time to write out such thoughtful explanations of my project...which you seem to know oh so much about.
    Last edited by Woodhouse; 07-21-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks
    It's very simple 97292, if YOU don't want to use it because you feel like you'll get too slow responses then don't use it.
    People with fiber, like me, have at least x10 the speeds of the mobile network (GSM, LTE or whatever).

However you turn it, don't use it if you don't want to.

Thanks

You're making a lot of assumptions, lol.

• There is no central server. It's a direct communication with the phone and system. Also, I'm dealing w/ much smaller file sizes, and I'm not using C# which tends to be a bit slower...So those benchmarks don't really do anything for me. Though, at this scale, I suppose it's not too significant.
    • I do have experience with the Winsock API and know of its reliability and speeds. As of now, I haven't noticed any significant drops in performance when playing the game and running the server desktop application.
    • It's not a simple picture box. I'm using the Google Maps Android API w/ a custom tile overlay. Did you even read my OP?
    • I don't see the problem with making it mobile. Do I really need to release another map form that is based off and looks exactly like another person's project? There are tons of those out there already. I took this up for my pure enjoyment. It will be there for people to build off of. Not everyone has another monitor or wants to tab out of the game to see where they are.
    • I don't think I ever said this would eliminate bans or anything, so I don't know why you feel the need to bring it up. Pretty sure I remember mentioning bans being a problem in this thread already anyway

But thank you for taking the time to write out such thoughtful explanations of my project...which you seem to know oh so much about.
    Yes, no harm met as always, just want to make sure you've taken these factors into account in which I see you have already. So fantastic

Overall, I have a question regarding direct communication. Won't that require port forwarding, just asking?

Thanks
    This sounds fucking awesome, a way around being banned permanently from fucking Battleye!

Thanks

No.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy9900 View Post
    This sounds fucking awesome, a way around being banned permanently from fucking Battleye!
    No. :facepalm:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to N7292 For This Useful Post:

xCyberxx (08-08-2014)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast