Thanks

Exclamation Combat Arms .REZ File Update

Alright, as many of you know me and B1ackAnge1 has been working on trying to edit the .rez files in Combat Arms. If you're just hearing about this Combat Arms has .rez files, which compress different type of files. In our case we are mainly looking into the .dtx and .txt files.

B1ackAnge1 has created some software that will allow us to inject an edited .dtx file into an extracted / converted .rez file. From there we will inject the edit files in hopes of editing the files in game. This can range from, 0 object in map, transparent walls, etc. Although this can benefit you, this can also fuck you up by you not knowing what to hide behind. But we will release different packs for different purposes lol.

Back on topic. Here is a sneak peak of the software that is currently in the works:
    Like it, love it, and enjoy looking at it because its not ready for release just yet. We are having some difficulties injecting the files, so we need to do some editing. If this works, we will have to inject each .dtx file into a .rez unless master coder B1ackAnge1 can create a multiple injector, nothing you guy's have to worry about.

But i just wanted to bring the community up to speed on whats going on. I will keep you guy's posted on any new updates like always.

BTW, if your wondering the big black and red logo is just a splash screen.
    Also, i take no credit in his software, other than gfx wise.

Thanks.
    Last edited by whitten; 09-29-2009 at 10:21 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whitten For This Useful Post:

crazy-tatar (09-30-2009),why06 (09-29-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    I dont get it could you explaine exactly what files i use with this? thx
    Quote Originally Posted by torentman16 View Post
    wats a C++
    lol go spam him
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/members/46...rentman16.html

Thanks
    What about an extractor? I am sorry I am new but I am interested into editing the models (I work with 3d models) and I wanted to know if there are any extractors for .rez files. Are there?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whitten View Post
    Alright, as many of you know me and B1ackAnge1 has been working on trying to edit the .rez files in Combat Arms. If you're just hearing about this Combat Arms has .rez files, which compress different type of files. In our case we are mainly looking into the .dtx and .txt files.

B1ackAnge1 has created some software that will allow us to inject an edited .dtx file into an extracted / converted .rez file. From there we will inject the edit files in hopes of editing the files in game. This can range from, 0 object in map, transparent walls, etc. Although this can benefit you, this can also fuck you up by you not knowing what to hide behind. But we will release different packs for different purposes lol.

Back on topic. Here is a sneak peak of the software that is currently in the works:
    Like it, love it, and enjoy looking at it because its not ready for release just yet. We are having some difficulties injecting the files, so we need to do some editing. If this works, we will have to inject each .dtx file into a .rez unless master coder B1ackAnge1 can create a multiple injector, nothing you guy's have to worry about.

But i just wanted to bring the community up to speed on whats going on. I will keep you guy's posted on any new updates like always.

BTW, if your wondering the big black and red logo is just a splash screen.

Thanks.
    Rapage release guys. Cracking .rez will give big advantage

*offtopic*
    <--- OMFG 700 Fuck'n postz

Thanks
    we have everything, but nothing will be released just yet.
    and to the first poster: you wont have to worry about editing files.
    when we release a pack, all it will be is a normal .rez file.
    you will then take you old .rez file w.e it may be, and release with your new one.

hope that helps.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    oh srry i didnt quite catch the >>>Rez<<< file part, mybad

Edit:So theres a injector too? or does that inject rez files? (ok im lost...)
    Last edited by FyreKills~; 09-29-2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: question
    Quote Originally Posted by torentman16 View Post
    wats a C++
    lol go spam him
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/members/46...rentman16.html

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Wow this is really cool =0

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreKills~ View Post
    oh srry i didnt quite catch the >>>Rez<<< file part, mybad
    your fine.
    yeah you guys will have it easy lol.
    after b1ackange1 fixs the bugs, i will proceed to release a pack.
    i already have a good bit of the walls edited.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whitten For This Useful Post:

FyreKills~ (09-29-2009),impawned (09-30-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    hey long till it gets released? approxiamtly

LIVERPOOL FC

Thanks
    ummm, yeah this is the injector, it injects the edited .dtx files, which are in the .rez file, into the original .rez file. from there you replace the old .rez with the one you just injected with the .dtx, which we use this program for.

@sendi11 : im not sure if the software will be released, if it is it wont be to the entire public, but the edited .rez will be released to the entire public. Like i said if the software is released it will be released to certain members like coders or some useful people.

appox - a week, or a few days maybe?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whitten For This Useful Post:

FyreKills~ (09-29-2009),impawned (09-30-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Haha. Excellent! Goodwork BA and whitten. Injecting the .dtx was a good way to get around re-rezing the file.
    Once this comes out it should also be possible to design custom skins for weapons. Want a purple AK? you got it. A Gold uzi? No problem. In fact like you said whitten the software can be kept secret and a team could be developed to edit the .dtx files, these files then could be submitted to you to inject.
    I'd just like to say that many of you people with graphic skills may play a larger role in this .rez editing concept then you think once all this is said and done.

Again excellent work, I'm glad this concept has finally got moving. Thanks for the update.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    Haha. Excellent! Goodwork BA and whitten. Injecting the .dtx was a good way to get around re-rezing the file.
    Once this comes out it should also be possible to design custom skins for weapons. Want a purple AK? you got it. A Gold uzi? No problem. In fact like you said whitten the software can be kept secret and a team could be developed to edit the .dtx files, these files then could be submitted to you to inject.
    I'd just like to say that many of you people with graphic skills may play a larger role in this .rez editing concept then you think once all this is said and done.

Again excellent work, I'm glad this concept has finally got moving. Thanks for the update.
    np.
    and actually this concept wasn't even my idea, it was b1ackange1's.
    but hopefully soon i will have a .rez pack edit for you guys so all of you can test

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Looks nice, keep up the good work blackangel and whitten