Thanks

Lightbulb 2014 Crossfire Video Editing Guide! Latest and more updated information.

Hey everyone, Isaac here. Some of you may know me for my Youtube channel and the crossfire videos I make. Lately I noticed that the stickies on this sub-forum are rather outdated from 2011-2012 so I wanted to help contribute to MPGH by providing some details on crossfire & editing!

So first things first, we need an editing program. I would recommend:
    -Sony Vegas Pro version 11 (SV)
    -Adobe After Effects (AE)

Vegas Pro 11 is one of the most stable versions of Vegas and is still new enough to have some of the more recent plugins such as Twixtor which can't be used in older versions such as 8 or 9. I have used Vegas for around 2 1/2 years now and I'm satisfied with it's performance.

Adobe After Effects is for the more serious editors and takes a more powerful pc to run. I personally find it harder to use and is much more advanced compared to Vegas. I would say to start off in Vegas as it has an easier interface and smoother to work with but you get the final choice.

Alright now what about a recording software? Well you can go 2 ways with this one,
    -Bandicam
    -Fraps

I personally use Bandicam for recording in-game matches while using Fraps to record any replays from the replay system. They both can record at 30, 60 and 120 fps. FPS? Whats that? Basically fps is frames per second, and here is a quick tip..

-30 = Gameplay videos at 30fps are smooth and looks the exact same as 60. Slo-motion will look laggy.
    -60 = Gameplay videos are just as smooth as 30fps, however you can now use slow-motion and looks really nice.
    -120 = This is for people that want to have really smooth effects, Twixtor, slo-motion, etc.. It's not really needed and I personally edit with 60fps.

Sweet, I got my Editing software and recording program! So now what? ..

Well this is up to you, you can either:
    -Watch tutorials on Youtube
    -Experiment with the program
    -Ask friends/people

I personally would do a mix of watching tutorials and just experimenting with the program yourself. You'll most likely be interacting with Vegas or AE if watching tutorials, as it is the most effective way of learning how to edit.

Here is some beginner editing tutorials I made for Sony Vegas: (I also make tutorials on request by someone..)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...vq6GhaYTvmWHrt

Here is my Fraps & Bandicam settings for Crossfire:
    [Will make soon]

ThePirateBay is where you can get any of these programs listed for free. I have a tutorial on how to get Vegas Pro 12 for free but the video is rather old so you may just look up on Youtube how to get _____ for free and just go for a high rated video. Just be safe and use the right links, don't go for something that looks sketchy.

Anyway, I hope this first guide I made helped some of you guys and if it helped, please give a thanks! If you have any further questions, please pm me on Skype, comment on my Youtube, or just message me on here.

Thanks
    Curious if this helped out anyone?