Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Information and FAQ

Information

Here is some general information for anyone who might be interested...

Arma 3 can be expensive when you buy it directly from Steam. Key selling websites sell Russia/Poland keys that are much cheaper and require a VPN only to activate them. After your key is activated with the VPN, you can use the method in the spoiler below to launch your game without a VPN. I use this method for all my Arma 3 accounts so I don't have to pay full price for the game. Some websites are misleading and suggest you need a VPN during gameplay, this is simply not true.

1. Open your VPN (Cyber-ghost, Hideman etc) and connect through your desired country.
    2. Create a new steam account, you can use the same email address, it doesn't matter.
    3. Once you are signed into steam, at the top click "Games" and then "Activate a product on steam", if your connected correctly through the VPN from the same country as the key is intended, it will activate your key.
    4. Now navigate to the bottom of steam and click "Add a Game" and then "Add a non-Steam Game", when the window opens, select "Browse" and find your Arma3.exe in your Arma 3 directory, Click "OK" and then "Add Selected Programs".
    5. You can now load your "region-locked" copy of Arma, through Steam, without a VPN. Sign into your original Steam account or a global banned account to get updates as Arma 3 will not auto update using this "non steam game method".

Before hacking, consider the consequences, using a detected cheat on a server using Battleye can cause a global ban which means you cannot play on ANY multiplayer server. If you have DayZ Standalone on the same steam account, you WILL be banned from this game also, you have been warned. Consider buying a new steam account and a cheap copy of Arma 3 before hacking.

Create a new steam account, buy a new cheap key, start again. This time, don't use the same cheats as before until you are sure they are undetected by Battleye.
    If you plan on going back to the same server, restarting your router will most likely change your IP (some servers will ban for IP matches), perhaps change your character also.

Many (if not all) servers by now are running some form of server side anti hack (AH). These types of AH typically detect and notify admins of your actions, some of the features include:
    1. Display scanning: AH will detect usage of public menus and block them.
    2. Variable scanning: Detecting usage of public scripts or well known harmful scripts.
    3. No recoil scanning: Once an admin knows you have No Recoil, they know you are hacking, simple as. This is not only limited to no recoil, its purely an example.
    4. Script name scanning: AH scans your Arma 3 directory for public scripts and kick upon detection.
    5. Script logging: This is perhaps a scripts worst enemy. Your script might work, but if it gets logged by server logs, there is always a possibility the admin will ban you later, after you have run your scripts. It is for this reason that I recommend not scripting on your favourite server unless you are aware of the consequences or know how to avoid detections. It's quite difficult to avoid server logs without a good understanding of scripting, even I could not do it justice so I will leave it at that. Anyone else is welcome to contribute more to this topic.

BE Filters
    Servers also have filters in place that will kick you for executing a script containing a "black listed" command, unless steps are taken to prevent this, you can be kicked for executing scripts such using commands like createVehicle, addWeapon, onEachframe among many others. Asking other scripters who play similar mods would be able to assist in informing more specifically since each mod varies greatly.

Frequently Asked Questions

Cheats for Arma 3 can be divided into 2 categories, Script and Memory. I will now attempt to answer some commonly asked questions about Scripting...

A common misconception is that you can be global banned for executing a detected script. This is simply not true, people refer to a script being detected because of server side antihack. You WILL, however, get global banned if your method of script injection/execution is detected, these include ( .pbo hiders, cheat engine, undetected cheat engine, memory editors, injectors etc, basically any type of memory cheat that allows script injection, can be detected by BE, especially if its public) Due to the nature of Battleye, at some point, you will need to "cross a line" to execute scripts in multiplayer, if that "line" is detected by BE, you will be banned, if you cross the line undetected, you can execute ANY script you want, safely.

A .pbo file like this or this is technically a legit Arma 3 addon, for this reason, you can never be banned for having them in your Arma 3 directory or for using them, you will ONLY get banned when you try to hide them using a hider. Some servers even allow custom addons, therefor you dont need a hider.

To execute scripts in multiplayer, you will need either a script injector, a memory editor or any other type of memory cheat that allows script execution. On occasion, cheats are released for free to the community that allow script execution, however these can become detected quickly by Battleye. Private cheats that battleye do not have access to are not detected as easily, some never get detected.

Here are two different ways to use scripts with zero risk of being global banned.

At main menu, select Editor, then choose a map, then double click the map and place a soldier/playable unit, click OK, then click "PREVIEW" at the top of your screen.
    After loading in, you should now be in control of your player, press Escape and execute scripts via the debug provided in the ESC menu.

Example: If you have a script already in your Arma 3 directory, you can execute the script by typing this code into the debug...

Code:
    execVM "MyScript.sqf";

Find a .pbo that has been modified/created to allow script execution in a MP environment. So long as you don't use a detected cheat like a "pbo hider", you are 100% safe to join MP servers with ANY .pbo file in Arma 3\Addons\ (DON'T join a server that you enjoy playing on using this method in case of a detection by server side anti hack).

Without hiding a .pbo, only a certain amount of servers will allow you access, but you are also removing the risk of being global banned.

1. Download notepad ++ install it.
    2. Install Arma 3 syntax highlighter. Install tutorial next to download link.
    3. To make sure everything is installed correctly, create a new text document, name it anything, paste this code into it...
    Code:
    _localvariable;  //_localvariable should be blue

variable;  //variable should be orange

player;  //player be black

//this should be green

/*this should also be green*/
    4. Click "Save as", for the file type, select "All Files" and then for the name, type something like this ...
    Code:
    MyRandomScript12345.sqf
    5. Right click your new Script and select "open with" and find Notepad++.

Make sure you don't have public scripts in your Arma 3 folder, rename these to something random to avoid a kick. You could also be kicked for having a detected .pbo in your Addons folder, simply remove these or edit the parts that are being detected.

It is possible that your script execution method is being detected by server-side "custom" anti hack, but it's also possible the anti hack is detecting parts of your scripts. Scripts using commands like createVehicle, setDamage, onEachFrame, addWeapon etc can cause script restrictions in some servers and kick you. To avoid this, use scripts that do not include these commands.

How to Rename Variables:
    Server-side anti hack can detect public variables. If you installed correctly the Arma 3 syntax that I linked above, variables in your scripts should now be displayed in Orange and it should be easy to update them. Double click a variable, press Ctrl+F, type your new variable name that is completely unique and click "Replace All". Repeat this process for each variable in your script. (If your scripts are specific to mods like Altis Life, remember not to rename variables that are part of the mission itself. Examples of these are things like "life_cash" and "life_atmcash", these cannot be renamed but can be detected.

There are several different ways to make script menus for Arma 3, they all have advantages and disadvantages, here are two common types of menu with some advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages: Simple to edit, easy to remove, undetected in most instances.
    Disadvantages: Lots of scrolling, more complicated to incorporate a player list.

Advantages: Looks sexy, double click, hack list + player list on same screen
    Disadvantages: Easier to detect (in some instances), harder to edit/create.

Figure out what you want to do, if its something simple like a Heal script, teleport or Godmode, then using the Arma 3 Scripting Commands will help you. If its something more complex, perhaps seek guidance on the forum, or use previously released Scripts for reference. Goggle is always your friend, and since the Arma 3 editor has a built in script executor, its never been easier to start scripting. Test, test, test, test, test. Once your satisfied, test it in MP using a custom addon (pbo), if you still want more, find yourself an undetected method to inject your script in servers that don't allow custom addons.

So you could make a simple scroll menu and use public scripts. After renaming all the variables, you might end up with a fairly undetectable menu. Not always, because every server/mod is unique, but in most cases, yes.
    Last edited by Jme; 08-24-2014 at 02:29 PM.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Jme For This Useful Post:

gladtwoown (09-19-2014),gogogokitty (12-27-2014),iJulio (11-09-2014),[MPGH]Jim Morrison (08-24-2014),lilarron2000 (08-24-2014),lomener4956 (10-20-2014),Lucoa (03-31-2019),Lystic (08-27-2014),MrMadNoobbie (10-11-2014),mrminecraft1001 (02-14-2015),x12 (01-01-2016),PureBrainH (01-29-2015),Root_ (08-24-2014),Ryuslendy (08-27-2014),SuperNeutron (01-30-2015),SwizixD (10-15-2014),thander_boy (12-01-2015),titans (08-24-2014),wirychair32 (08-24-2014)

Thanks
    Nice info, good job.
    /Stickied
    Maybe you could start a scripting tutorial

MPGH Staff History:
    Minion: 02-12-2013 - 6-28-2013
    Former Staff: 6-28-2013 - 7-14-2014
    Minion: 7-14-2014 - 1-3-2015
    Minion+: 1-3-2015 - 6-1-2015
    Moderator: 6-1-2015 - 10-2-2016
    Global Moderator: 10-2-2016 - Current

Current Sections:
    DayZ Mod & Standalone Hacks & Cheats
    BattleOn Games Hacks, Cheats & Trainers
    Minecraft Hacks
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Hacks
    Blackshot Hacks & Cheats
    Need For Speed World Hacks
    Other First Person Shooter Hacks
    CounterStrike: Global Offensive Hacks
    Garry's Mod Hacks & Cheats

Donating:
    If you want to donate money to me I take Bitcoin & Paypal, PM me for either of these if you're interested and thanks.
    Top Donators: (Awesome People)
    FanticSteal $75.00
    smurf_master $58.00 <- Best DayZ Gear Seller
    Fujiyama $25.00
    [MPGH]Black $10.00
    [MPGH]Hova $10.00
    xJudgez $4.54
    [MPGH]Normen's Sheep $3.50
    eminemlover $1.50

Brony?
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/groups/1728-mpgh-bronies.html

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Morrison For This Useful Post:

Jme (08-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanks dude, will see what I can do!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jme For This Useful Post:

PureBrainH (01-29-2015)

Thanks
    GG Nice Thread, Informed me on some stuff!
    Welcome to MPGH
    ARMA 3 Helper
    Starting Posting/Foruming As of 7-14-14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Nice Evskin ! very nice thanks !

Thanks
    I've bought an arma 3 cdkey like a month ago but it was a russian one (by mistake) and when i tried to activate it i got a message about region lock. I tried to activate it through VPN and then when i tried to play with that i got blocked by steam. I was frustrated and i just kept the account just in case something happens. Then i was searching here on mpgh for general stuffs and then i saw evskin's awesome topic. I thought to read it and see what is he saying and then i saw BUY CHEAP KEYS. Your method just saved me. Thank you evskin, you are awesome!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iJulio View Post
    I've bought an arma 3 cdkey like a month ago but it was a russian one (by mistake) and when i tried to activate it i got a message about region lock. I tried to activate it through VPN and then when i tried to play with that i got blocked by steam. I was frustrated and i just kept the account just in case something happens. Then i was searching here on mpgh for general stuffs and then i saw evskin's awesome topic. I thought to read it and see what is he saying and then i saw BUY CHEAP KEYS. Your method just saved me. Thank you evskin, you are awesome!
    Anytime homeslice, glad this helped!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jme View Post
    Information

Arma 3 can be expensive when you buy it directly from Steam. Key selling websites sell Russia/Poland keys that are much cheaper and require a VPN only to activate them. After your key is activated with the VPN, you can use the method in the spoiler below to launch your game without a VPN. I use this method for all my Arma 3 accounts so I don't have to pay full price for the game. Some websites are misleading and suggest you need a VPN during gameplay, this is simply not true.

1. Open your VPN (Cyber-ghost, Hideman etc) and connect through your desired country.
    2. Create a new steam account, you can use the same email address, it doesn't matter.
    3. Once you are signed into steam, at the top click "Games" and then "Activate a product on steam", if your connected correctly through the VPN from the same country as the key is intended, it will activate your key.
    4. Now navigate to the bottom of steam and click "Add a Game" and then "Add a non-Steam Game", when the window opens, select "Browse" and find your Arma3.exe in your Arma 3 directory, Click "OK" and then "Add Selected Programs".
    5. You can now load your "region-locked" copy of Arma, through Steam, without a VPN. Sign into your original Steam account or a global banned account to get updates as Arma 3 will not auto update using this "non steam game method".

Before hacking, consider the consequences, using a detected cheat on a server using Battleye can cause a global ban which means you cannot play on ANY multiplayer server. If you have DayZ Standalone on the same steam account, you WILL be banned from this game also, you have been warned. Consider buying a new steam account and a cheap copy of Arma 3 before hacking.

Create a new steam account, buy a new cheap key, start again. This time, don't use the same cheats as before until you are sure they are undetected by Battleye.
    If you plan on going back to the same server, restarting your router will most likely change your IP (some servers will ban for IP matches), perhaps change your character also.

Many (if not all) servers by now are running some form of server side anti hack (AH). These types of AH typically detect and notify admins of your actions, some of the features include:
    2. Variable scanning: Detecting usage of public scripts or well known harmful scripts.
    3. No recoil scanning: Once an admin knows you have No Recoil, they know you are hacking, simple as. This is not only limited to no recoil, its purely an example.
    4. Script name scanning: AH scans your Arma 3 directory for public scripts and kick upon detection.
    5. Script logging: This is perhaps a scripts worst enemy. Your script might work, but if it gets logged by server logs, there is always a possibility the admin will ban you later, after you have run your scripts. It is for this reason that I recommend not scripting on your favourite server unless you are aware of the consequences or know how to avoid detections. It's quite difficult to avoid server logs without a good understanding of scripting, even I could not do it justice so I will leave it at that. Anyone else is welcome to contribute more to this topic.

BE Filters
    Servers also have filters in place that will kick you for executing a script containing a "black listed" command, unless steps are taken to prevent this, you can be kicked for executing scripts such using commands like createVehicle, addWeapon, onEachframe among many others. Asking other scripters who play similar mods would be able to assist in informing more specifically since each mod varies greatly.

Cheats for Arma 3 can be divided into 2 categories, Script and Memory. I will now attempt to answer some commonly asked questions about Scripting...

A common misconception is that you can be global banned for executing a detected script. This is simply not true, people refer to a script being detected because of server side antihack. You WILL, however, get global banned if your method of script injection/execution is detected, these include ( .pbo hiders, cheat engine, undetected cheat engine, memory editors, injectors etc, basically any type of memory cheat that allows script injection, can be detected by BE, especially if its public) Due to the nature of Battleye, at some point, you will need to "cross a line" to execute scripts in multiplayer, if that "line" is detected by BE, you will be banned, if you cross the line undetected, you can execute ANY script you want, safely.

A .pbo file like this or this is technically a legit Arma 3 addon, for this reason, you can never be banned for having them in your Arma 3 directory or for using them, you will ONLY get banned when you try to hide them using a hider. Some servers even allow custom addons, therefor you dont need a hider.

To execute scripts in multiplayer, you will need either a script injector, a memory editor or any other type of memory cheat that allows script execution. On occasion, cheats are released for free to the community that allow script execution, however these can become detected quickly by Battleye. Private cheats that battleye do not have access to are not detected as easily, some never get detected.

Here are two different ways to use scripts with zero risk of being global banned.

At main menu, select Editor, then choose a map, then double click the map and place a soldier/playable unit, click OK, then click "PREVIEW" at the top of your screen.
    After loading in, you should now be in control of your player, press Escape and execute scripts via the debug provided in the ESC menu.

Example: If you have a script already in your Arma 3 directory, you can execute the script by typing this code into the debug...

Code:
    execVM "MyScript.sqf";

Find a .pbo that has been modified/created to allow script execution in a MP environment. So long as you don't use a detected cheat like a "pbo hider", you are 100% safe to join MP servers with ANY .pbo file in Arma 3\Addons\ (DON'T join a server that you enjoy playing on using this method in case of a detection by server side anti hack).

Without hiding a .pbo, only a certain amount of servers will allow you access, but you are also removing the risk of being global banned.

3. To make sure everything is installed correctly, create a new text document, name it anything, paste this code into it...
    Code:

//this should be green

4. Click "Save as", for the file type, select "All Files" and then for the name, type something like this ...
    Code:
    MyRandomScript12345.sqf

Make sure you don't have public scripts in your Arma 3 folder, rename these to something random to avoid a kick. You could also be kicked for having a detected .pbo in your Addons folder, simply remove these or edit the parts that are being detected.

It is possible that your script execution method is being detected by server-side "custom" anti hack, but it's also possible the anti hack is detecting parts of your scripts. Scripts using commands like createVehicle, setDamage, onEachFrame, addWeapon etc can cause script restrictions in some servers and kick you. To avoid this, use scripts that do not include these commands.

How to Rename Variables:
    Server-side anti hack can detect public variables. If you installed correctly the Arma 3 syntax that I linked above, variables in your scripts should now be displayed in Orange and it should be easy to update them. Double click a variable, press Ctrl+F, type your new variable name that is completely unique and click "Replace All". Repeat this process for each variable in your script. (If your scripts are specific to mods like Altis Life, remember not to rename variables that are part of the mission itself. Examples of these are things like "life_cash" and "life_atmcash", these cannot be renamed but can be detected.

There are several different ways to make script menus for Arma 3, they all have advantages and disadvantages, here are two common types of menu with some advantages and disadvantages.

Disadvantages: Lots of scrolling, more complicated to incorporate a player list.

Figure out what you want to do, if its something simple like a Heal script, teleport or Godmode, then using the Arma 3 Scripting Commands will help you. If its something more complex, perhaps seek guidance on the forum, or use previously released Scripts for reference. Goggle is always your friend, and since the Arma 3 editor has a built in script executor, its never been easier to start scripting. Test, test, test, test, test. Once your satisfied, test it in MP using a custom addon (pbo), if you still want more, find yourself an undetected method to inject your script in servers that don't allow custom addons.

So you could make a simple scroll menu and use public scripts. After renaming all the variables, you might end up with a fairly undetectable menu. Not always, because every server/mod is unique, but in most cases, yes.

would you be willing to mention a few recommendations for websites to get cheap cd keys?

Thanks
    G2A
    Kinguin

They are usually cheap

Thanks
    G2A
    Kinguin

They are usually cheap
    Just bought one from G2A!

gonna activate and play with your method.

Thanks a millie JME!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrdruid00 View Post
    Just bought one from G2A!

gonna activate and play with your method.

Thanks a millie JME!
    anytime bro!

enjoy!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Information

BE Filters

Code:
    execVM "MyScript.sqf";

Code:

//this should be green

Code:
    MyRandomScript12345.sqf

How to Rename Variables:

mhmm i only find Syntax higlighter for arma 3 found for arma 2 but inside the rar it says arma3 am i good to use that?

ahh nvm found it out xD but its not orange for me xD anyway could i just change any varibles to what i would like?
    Could you add me on skype`? :/
    Last edited by PureBrainH; 01-29-2015 at 11:12 PM.
    ●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PureBrainH View Post

mhmm i only find Syntax higlighter for arma 3 found for arma 2 but inside the rar it says arma3 am i good to use that?

ahh nvm found it out xD but its not orange for me xD anyway could i just change any varibles to what i would like?
    Could you add me on skype`? :/
    feel free to add me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Added... anyways do anyone know how to fix Arma 2 oa kicked BattlEye: Waypoint Condition Restriction #0?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PureBrainH View Post
    Added... anyways do anyone know how to fix Arma 2 oa kicked BattlEye: Waypoint Condition Restriction #0?
    Sounds like an outdated remote execution!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast