Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Question Slut Shaming. Your thoughts?

So basically a while back I had an argument with someone and I asked about their sexual behavior. Being that I think having sex with one or more people in a short period of time without a pro-longed relationship is kind of wrong I was surprised that their response was something along the lines of them telling me they have had sex with people without being in a relationship. Now of course I decided that I would say jokingly "Haha, you're a real slut." now that is kind of a touchy-feely thing to call someone but I knew this person well and didn't expect them to take it the wrong way, but in this case they did. We had a long argument about sexual behavior, how many times we've had sex with someone else, how many times you should have sex with someone else and we both came to the conclusion that this is an argument based around views, everyone has a different opinion, blah blah blah. Now the title might be a little mis-leading because I did not shame the person I just told them what I think and I even apologized afterward telling them everyone has mixed opinions on the topic.

So in the end we agreed to disagree but I still wanted to know what do you guys think about the topic? Also this is my first time posting a thread anywhere other then giveaways so yay.

Current Ranks/Positions: (Badges)

Past Ranks/Positions: (Badges)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    >Man with many women
    Cool
    >Woman with many men
    Slut

Except this crappy logic, sex and relationship are 2 different things one does not implies the other and vice versa, it's all about what you prefer.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sam... For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Shadow (09-22-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    You have to realize slut is a negative term.

/thread.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Idc how many guys you've hit, I get my turn, I'm down
    Inb4h8commnts

Thanks
    Funny thing is i've only seen girls calling girls sluts rarely do I see a guy do it.

Thanks
    Well, lets say this, if a girl has has sex with 3 guys in 3 days... Yes, then she is. But 3 guys over 3 weeks? Nah, not too bad. That's the way i feel about it. BUT! If you're 17 and have slept with over 30 men, believe me, i've met those chicks, then yes, you very much so are one. /end

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    If there is mutually no emotion involved then there is really nothing wrong with it IMO.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Generally, women are called "sluts" based on their promiscuity which I think is wrong. I would rather it be based on one's standards for sexual partners and the reason(s) they have intercourse. A woman (or man) who sleeps around isn't necessarily a bad thing; it's natural - but if that person would do so with just about anybody, it would make more sense to call that person a "slut" rather than someone else who sleeps with the same amount of partners but all of whom are people that are generally desired by others/many. In other words, I would call someone who sleeps with many (good or bad) with no emotional attachment and/or because they're "hot", a slut.
    Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages, it is the rule.