Quote Originally Posted by Alby-kun

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeDemon
    HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussofresh View Post
    HOLY SHIT ITS USER1!
    [21:13] CoderNever: HOLY SHIT ITS USER1!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to User1 For This Useful Post:

UR1 (10-22-2009)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by User1 View Post
    Check out ASUS brands.
    ewwwww...asus? gross.

yeah, that computer sounds nice.
    make sure to ask if it comes with a free windows 7 upgrade when it comes out.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    ewwwww...asus? gross.

asus aint so bad, i dont get why people hate on asus so much
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/MVchQI1cKwM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/MVchQI1cKwM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    okay well asus im not a fan of. sony is alright, its got a fairly decent video card.

But, i would recommend dell studio 15. You can customize it and its fairly cheap. Im guessing the sony is probably around 900-1000 you can make a great dell for that.

And as for the windows 7 i wouldnt worry to much about finding a place where you can get a free windows 7 upgrade. I can get you a 7 OS for free. PM if you want to know more.

and for the person above who said that your XP computer is faster then your sister's vista. YA I HOPE SO. XP is a faster OS then vista. But im pretty sure my vista is tweaked so its faster then yours. I have a 20 second full boot.

archpure feel free to PM me and i can help you out
    [IMG]https://i50.photobucke*****m/albums/f308/surfersrp_6/random/me.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i50.photobucke*****m/albums/f308/surfersrp_6/random/Smallzclan.png[/IMG]
    I shoot....you better run (if i get aimbot your screwed)

Threadstarter
    Expert Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    ewwwww...asus? gross.

Which computer? -clueless-

Quote Originally Posted by origami7795 View Post
    asus aint so bad, i dont get why people hate on asus so much
    I don't know, I hjust don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by smallzclan View Post
    okay well asus im not a fan of. sony is alright, its got a fairly decent video card.

But, i would recommend dell studio 15. You can customize it and its fairly cheap. Im guessing the sony is probably around 900-1000 you can make a great dell for that.

And as for the windows 7 i wouldnt worry to much about finding a place where you can get a free windows 7 upgrade. I can get you a 7 OS for free. PM if you want to know more.

and for the person above who said that your XP computer is faster then your sister's vista. YA I HOPE SO. XP is a faster OS then vista. But im pretty sure my vista is tweaked so its faster then yours. I have a 20 second full boot.

archpure feel free to PM me and i can help you out
    Lol, i have a 5 sec boot... And btw, that person was me, and she has 500MB more RAM than I do ;p

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, The laptops are under $1000. (that's the budget my mom is willing to pay. I'm 15 but don't have a job so yeah)

Last, thanks guys. Although it's been a few days since I posted, I'm glad there's people out there who would actually help me :]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    i like the look of alien ware laptops, they look bad ass,
    Dont get me wrong looks of a pc mean all most nothing
    just saying
    https://joelself.myminicity.com
    Please click that its like a habbo
    [IMG]https://i463.photobucke*****m/albums/qq360/j0elself/joke0.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    okay. well what do you do? are you a person who plays only games? what do you do in general on your laptop?

Do you use photoshop? Dreamweaver?

what programs do you typically run? do you multi-task a lot? or do you typically only have one thing open at a time?
    [IMG]https://i50.photobucke*****m/albums/f308/surfersrp_6/random/Smallzclan.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My new computer is arriving in 2 days and Im updating it to Win7

off topic: how do you post a video. Whats the code for it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by g187rideordie View Post
    Don't get a vista and upgrade to windows 7. Wait for a laptop that has windows 7 pre installed. You will go through hell with the upgrade crap.
    not if he knows how to install a os witch is fucking easy i can have any os i want new old not even out dont matter and vista is not bad but if he is going from xp to win 7 man he is going to be like lolwut XD but yeah

Quote Originally Posted by randomhacker View Post
    My new computer is arriving in 2 days and Im updating it to Win7

off topic: how do you post a video. Whats the code for it
    just drag the link from the top of your bar and paste on mpgh thank me if i helped
    Last edited by Luke420; 10-21-2009 at 01:59 PM.

Threadstarter
    Expert Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by j0elself View Post
    i like the look of alien ware laptops, they look bad ass,
    Dont get me wrong looks of a pc mean all most nothing
    just saying
    umm I'm pretty sure I said that my budget is up to a max of $1000?

okay. well what do you do? are you a person who plays only games? what do you do in general on your laptop?

Do you use photoshop? Dreamweaver?

what programs do you typically run? do you multi-task a lot? or do you typically only have one thing open at a time?
    Well, I'm a gamer, but I also use photoshop once in a while (I'm fine about not using photoshop at all, so its prett much of an option to me) Also, I make montages, so I'll have sony Vegas Pro 9 and Adobe After Effects and Fraps in it too. I rarely multitask and its mainly with Combat Arms and Mozilla Firefox on at the same time...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchPure View Post
    Well, I'm a gamer, but I also use photoshop once in a while (I'm fine about not using photoshop at all, so its prett much of an option to me) Also, I make montages, so I'll have sony Vegas Pro 9 and Adobe After Effects and Fraps in it too. I rarely multitask and its mainly with Combat Arms and Mozilla Firefox on at the same time...

-k so you should definitely get at least 2 ghz processor and duo (dual core processor)
    -That way you will be able to run vegas and after effects really well.
    -Then since you like vegas and making montages i would get 250 or 320 gb harddrive
    -And since you are running games i would get at least 3 gb of RAM id go with 4 though. (you can buy 2 with the laptop the laptop and find it really cheap at a computer store and install it yourself. thats what i did. i got 4 gb of RAM for 30 at fry's electronics)
    -AND VIDEO CARD MOST IMPORTANT- if you want to game with your laptop make sure you have AT MINIMUM 256mb graphics card. I would suggest a 512mb though
    (if you get a 512 make sure you have 4 gb of RAM)

-ALSO, even though you will spend alot of the time with the computer plugged into the wall because you will be gaming, i would still get the 9 cell battery, its a little more expensive but it is WELL worth it. the 6 cell is what I have and the battery life is terrible.

I made a computer with the specs i said above for 800 dollars on dell.com
    i added webcam and stuff because you will regret it if you dont get a webcam and you have a laptop.

hope this helped

Threadstarter
    Expert Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    -k so you should definitely get at least 2 ghz processor and duo (dual core processor)
    -That way you will be able to run vegas and after effects really well.
    -Then since you like vegas and making montages i would get 250 or 320 gb harddrive
    -And since you are running games i would get at least 3 gb of RAM id go with 4 though. (you can buy 2 with the laptop the laptop and find it really cheap at a computer store and install it yourself. thats what i did. i got 4 gb of RAM for 30 at fry's electronics)
    -AND VIDEO CARD MOST IMPORTANT- if you want to game with your laptop make sure you have AT MINIMUM 256mb graphics card. I would suggest a 512mb though
    (if you get a 512 make sure you have 4 gb of RAM)

-ALSO, even though you will spend alot of the time with the computer plugged into the wall because you will be gaming, i would still get the 9 cell battery, its a little more expensive but it is WELL worth it. the 6 cell is what I have and the battery life is terrible.

I made a computer with the specs i said above for 800 dollars on dell.com
    i added webcam and stuff because you will regret it if you dont get a webcam and you have a laptop.

hope this helped
    thanks, the sony laptop I wanted has all those specs, but not the 9 cell battery. where can i get one for a realy cheap price? cuase I'll be buying the laptop, a fan cooler, etc... and I can't go over the 1 grand budget. >.>

heres a laptop: https://www.frys.com/product/5948274?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
    care to give me some feedback on it? :]

btw, for the processor, whic is recommended? the intel duo core, or the AMD Turion x2? cuz both is pretty cheap, but some forums recommended the Intel... (I'm seriously clueless about which processor the choose)
    Last edited by ArchPure; 10-23-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    the processors are different based on the computer maker. IT USED TO BE THAT Dell and sony run the intel AND HP and emachines and (what ever the name of HP's other brand is, i cant think of it right now) they run the amd, now i think it changes based on the model.

I like the intel, i think it runs better, intel also runs in mac.

and for the cooler, i dont think you really need it. As long as your keep your computer on a flat hard surface and you dont play games for over 2 hrs at a time without giving the computer a break you dont need to pay extra money for a chiller.
    And
    The 9 cell batteries you can find on ebay for like under $80 most of the time and that is the buy it now price so you dont have to bid.

ill attach a picture of a dell. it says the 9 cell, but dell doesnt offer really good graphics cards unless you get a more expensive computer, so you need to just do what ever you like best.

-But the only bad things on that computer is that the weight is almost 7 pounds, it might not seem like a lot, but in a backpack it weighs SO MUCH, trust me.
    -and the screen, You might think its nice to have a 16.4 in screen, but i think my 15.4 in is big enough, just adds extra weight and cuts down on battery life.
    -since it doesnt say anything about the battery, it might have a 4 cell battery in it...which would blow. HAHA

-I like the graphics card though, its pretty good for a laptop
    -and i like the bluetooth built in and the camera.

Threadstarter
    Expert Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    the processors are different based on the computer maker. IT USED TO BE THAT Dell and sony run the intel AND HP and emachines and (what ever the name of HP's other brand is, i cant think of it right now) they run the amd, now i think it changes based on the model.

I like the intel, i think it runs better, intel also runs in mac.

and for the cooler, i dont think you really need it. As long as your keep your computer on a flat hard surface and you dont play games for over 2 hrs at a time without giving the computer a break you dont need to pay extra money for a chiller.
    And
    The 9 cell batteries you can find on ebay for like under $80 most of the time and that is the buy it now price so you dont have to bid.

ill attach a picture of a dell. it says the 9 cell, but dell doesnt offer really good graphics cards unless you get a more expensive computer, so you need to just do what ever you like best.

-But the only bad things on that computer is that the weight is almost 7 pounds, it might not seem like a lot, but in a backpack it weighs SO MUCH, trust me.
    -and the screen, You might think its nice to have a 16.4 in screen, but i think my 15.4 in is big enough, just adds extra weight and cuts down on battery life.
    -since it doesnt say anything about the battery, it might have a 4 cell battery in it...which would blow. HAHA

-I like the graphics card though, its pretty good for a laptop
    -and i like the bluetooth built in and the camera.
    well, I like a big screen although it might shorten the battery life. I mean, I won't be carrying the laptop around (unless you count moving the laptop from room to room) so that won't be a problem about weight. and for the battery, I'll go to Fry's and ask them about it thanks for the feedback ;]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    no problem. Enjoy your new laptop. (send me a PM if you ever need any programs. I have a HUGE LIST) haha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast