Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

Convince me that Islam is the truth

Try to convince me that the principles of Islam are true.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by locuzt View Post
    Try to convince me that the principles of Islam are true.
    Read the Quran with the aim to understand it: https://quran.com/

Any questions you have about who the verse is directed to, the historical context behind the verse, the meaning behind verse, then search for it in the Islamic Library: https://www.al-islam.org/

If you have any genuine questions(not loaded questions) feel free to ask me and I'll try my best to answer.
    Last edited by robinvanpersie; 10-28-2014 at 05:26 AM.
    Science is learning about the creation, Islam is learning about the creator.

Alif, Lam, Meem. - 2:1 Quran
    This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah(God) - 2:2 Quran
    Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them, - 2:3 Quran
    And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith]. - 2:4 Quran
    Those are upon [right] guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful. - 2:5 Quran
    Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe. - 2:6 Quran

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Here's a pretty easy question for you:

Why should we believe what the quran says is true?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Here's a pretty easy question for you:

Why should we believe what the quran says is true?
    Simple answer. The answer is the Quran, read it from beginning to end and you will believe no man could have written it.

This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah(God) - 2:2 Quran
    Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them, - 2:3 Quran
    And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith]. - 2:4 Quran
    Those are upon [right] guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful. - 2:5 Quran
    Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe. - 2:6 Quran

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by robinvanpersie View Post
    Simple answer. The answer is the Quran, read it from beginning to end and you will believe no man could have written it.
    Question: "Why should we believe the Quran is true?"

Answer: The Quran.

(are you fucking retarded?)
    -----------------------------------

Regarding the "no man could have written it".

The Quran was written by men. Prove otherwise.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Clique (01-03-2015)

Thanks

Question: "Why should we believe the Quran is true?"

Answer: The Quran.

Regarding the "no man could have written it".

The Quran was written by men. Prove otherwise.
    I have read the Quran and I am telling you the message could have not been written by men. You haven't read the Quran and you are saying it was written by men. If you are not willing to at least read the holy book of Muslims then why ask why should I believe that Islam is the truth in the first place?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I have read the Quran and I am telling you the message could have not been written by men. You haven't read the Quran and you are saying it was written by men. If you are not willing to at least read the holy book of Muslims then why ask why should I believe that Islam is the truth in the first place?
    I have read the quran, so your straw-man argument doesn't work. If you are going to sit here and say "well if you read it you'd know" and that's your entire argument, then you might as well leave.

The fact that I do not take the book for truth, does not mean I have not read it. Learn to come up with better reasons for your belief please.

Your fallacies today are: Personal Incredulity and straw-man.
    https:/rlogicalfallacyis.com/personal-incredulity
    https:/rlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    It's people like you that believe this shit that blow up cars and people.
    I mean what the fuck think logically or are you still living in the fucking stone age?
    It's not like some god came down and made this all, it all has an explanation.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroMan View Post
    I mean what the fuck think logically or are you still living in the fucking stone age?
    Well even Muslims believe man wrote the Quran.

It's "inspired by god", but the physical act of writing it was clearly from man.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroMan View Post
    I have believed it for 22 years and I haven't blown up cars or people. I am thinking logically, you need to think before commenting. According to Islam, God is not a person "to come down and make this all." Well obviously it has an explanation, which is different for people.

Thanks
    The effort you put into finding more about the Quran and Islam proves you have read the book.
    Last edited by CaptainBlastXD; 10-31-2014 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks

See this is why you should define faith. Because I am agnostic on the afterlife. I do not know. Now, if you claim to know, you should be able to explain/prove why.

-----------------

Let me explain a simple concept and see if you agree.

I have no proof of X.

X may exist or not exist.

Should we believe X exist?
    (Do you think it's wise to claim that X exist when I have no proof, evidence, or sufficient justification in believing in X?)

Now of course, you are going to special plead for your religion or belief., but i'm not talking about just your religion. I'm talking about everything. Unicorns, leprachauns, bigfoot, ghost, etc. etc. Even the stuff we know exist, must have proof of it's existence, otherwise it is no different from the imagination.

Please explain to me why faith is a good reason to believe anything.
    Faith is to consider something to be sure and reliable without doubting. There is more than enough proof for God and nothing is comparable to God. The fact that billions of people believe in God and none believe in Unicorns, leprachauns etc itself shows that there is proof for God. Those billions of people have found their proof, no human believes in something without what they deem is proof to them.

Now you are probably asking how can I find this proof? Before you find it, you have ask yourself a very important question. Do you actually want to believe in God? This may sound simple, but have a deep think. When someone makes an argument for God, does it make you want to read and understand what he is saying, or does it make you annoyed and angry? Is the thoughts in your head trying to help you understand, or is the first thing you think about a counter argument?

If you know that you want to believe in God then find somewhere quiet and read about it. Belief in God is a personal thing that you have to find for yourself. Arguing, especially over the internet, is pointless. If you have genuine questions, I can try to help rationalise them for you.

Personally, the reasons I believe in God are in three groups: personal reasons, logical reasons, and the Quran.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Faith is to consider something to be sure and reliable without doubting. There is more than enough proof for God and nothing is comparable to God. The fact that billions of people believe in God and none believe in Unicorns, leprachauns etc itself shows that there is proof for God. Those billions of people have found their proof, no human believes in something without what they deem is proof to them.

Now you are probably asking how can I find this proof? Before you find it, you have ask yourself a very important question. Do you actually want to believe in God? This may sound simple, but have a deep think. When someone makes an argument for God, does it make you want to read and understand what he is saying, or does it make you annoyed and angry? Is the thoughts in your head trying to help you understand, or is the first thing you think about a counter argument?

If you know that you want to believe in God then find somewhere quiet and read about it. Belief in God is a personal thing that you have to find for yourself. Arguing, especially over the internet, is pointless. If you have genuine questions, I can try to help rationalise them for you.

Personally, the reasons I believe in God are in three groups: personal reasons, logical reasons, and the Quran.
    1. If there is proof for god(more than enough), post it.

2. I'm a skeptic. I don't believe in anything without proof or justification for it. You want to convince me, provide your argument for god and I'll see if it isn't full of fallacies.
    (so far you've already used the population fallacy and claimed that's proof. But I'm willing to give you a shot).

3. People believe in stupid things all the time. Just because X number of people believe in something, does not make it true.
    Last edited by Empire; 11-02-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Short answer: No
    Long answer: Nooooooo

Thanks

1. If there is proof for god(more than enough), post it.

2. I'm a skeptic. I don't believe in anything without proof or justification for it. You want to convince me, provide your argument for god and I'll see if it isn't full of fallacies.
    (so far you've already used the population fallacy and claimed that's proof. But I'm willing to give you a shot).

3. People believe in stupid things all the time. Just because X number of people believe in something, does not make it true.
    Again you completely ignore what I said. If you want proof then you would go look for it. You are after a pointless argument.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast