Thanks

Bought the game. Global banned.

A few months back I was globally banned on Arma 2 OA (playing DayZ). I decided to play again (Note I still hadn't even uninstalled the game). I made a new steam account and bought Arma 2 Combined Operations. I used DayZ Commander (a standalone launcher for DayZ) in order to update and install the newest DayZ versions and what not. I then quit DayZ Commander and launched Arma 2 OA using steam. I attempted to join a regular Arma 2 server and a DayZ server, however the instant I tried to join a server I was kicked for global ban. I really don't understand how this has happened. I literally just bought the game an hour or less ago (when writing this) and I got globally banned the second I joined a server. Is there any way for me to get unbanned? This is insane. I literally JUST bought the game and in a matter of seconds I'm allready banned. I don't get it. Why did this happen? Did I do something wrong? Do I have to uninstall the game on my old steam account and reinstall it on the new one or something?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    You need to be logged in to the new steam account with the new copy of the game activated on it when you join a server.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by furiouswai View Post
    You need to be logged in to the new steam account with the new copy of the game activated on it when you join a server.
    Thats what I did/am doing. I bought the game on the new steam account, opened the game up with my new steam account, instant ban.

Thanks
    you were ip banned by battleeye

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Weaso View Post
    Thats what I did/am doing. I bought the game on the new steam account, opened the game up with my new steam account, instant ban.
    If you are sure you were signed in to the new account and you activated the new copy on it that is strange. Usually you do not need to reinstall, so long as you sign in to a new steam account that actually owns a new copy of the game (not just family shared).

It is possible steam views Combined Operations and Arma 2 + Arma 2 OA as separate games. In that case you may need to uninstall your old copies of Arma 2 + Arma 2 OA and install the new combined ops.

Quote Originally Posted by naughtyebar13 View Post
    you were ip banned by battleeye
    BE does not global ban by IP, only GUID (steam account+registry key).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by furiouswai View Post
    If you are sure you were signed in to the new account and you activated the new copy on it that is strange. Usually you do not need to reinstall, so long as you sign in to a new steam account that actually owns a new copy of the game (not just family shared).

It is possible steam views Combined Operations and Arma 2 + Arma 2 OA as separate games. In that case you may need to uninstall your old copies of Arma 2 + Arma 2 OA and install the new combined ops.

BE does not global ban by IP, only GUID (steam account+registry key).
    This is so weird. I don't understand. Logged into a steam account I made a few weeks ago. Bought Arma 2 OA. Launched it with the new account. Instant ban. WTF is this shit.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Don Weaso For This Useful Post:

TenthSpinningEmblem (11-30-2015)