Before the gods, there were the Titans.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky

I Need Help

I'm depressed.

I know it's a problem and I need help.

Advice? No I won't talk to a school counselor or shit like that.

And fuck myself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Get some music that truly touches you. Saved my life after my cousin passed.

Doesn't matter what genre, what artist, just as long as it keeps you thinking straight.
    "A Man Who Is Too Afraid To Admit His Fears Is A Man Who Won't Overcome Them.
    There Is Liberty In Confession And Freedom In Acknowledgment."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cloud_9 For This Useful Post:

Batman (01-05-2015)

Threadstarter
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_9 View Post

Doesn't matter what genre, what artist, just as long as it keeps you thinking straight.
    I listen to Eminem and some rap, started to listen to it when my depression started though I dont know if it helps. Thanks though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanate View Post
    I'm depressed.

I know it's a problem and I need help.

Advice? No I won't talk to a school counselor or shit like that.

And fuck myself.
    if you ever need help then i... will guide you to google c:
    A҉F҉T҉E҉R҉ ҉4҉ ҉Y҉E҉A҉R҉S҉,҉ ҉I҉ ҉A҉M҉ ҉B҉A҉C҉K҉ ҉O҉N҉ ҉T҉H҉I҉S҉ ҉S҉I҉T҉E҉

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Look buddy,

1.)You need to talk to someone.
    2.)If that doesn't help, go and torture someone, watch them suffer, if you enjoy it.... then
    3.)Your a psycho.
    4.)Become a High profile Serial Killer.
    5.)Let me know how it goes, and I will personally show you my best torture method

If above is not the case lets try again.
    1.)Seek help.
    2.)If it works then move on, and say this was a phrase
    3.)Also losing weight, or making yourself healthy,fit,more beautiful HELPS.

If the above does not work.
    1.)Yoga
    2.)Do something really meaningful for people

(I think the first case will be helpful)
    Last edited by Eternity; 01-05-2015 at 11:37 PM.

Thanks
    You know, I'm actually a really big piece of shit and an asshole but I had a great interest in psychology and psychiatry, it was one of my alternate paths if I didn't go into computers although I was so deep into them my Freshmen year it was more of a failsafe, but really if you are truly depressed, just either talk to your doctor as it's confidential but you would have to talk to your parents as well. Unfortunately, it's great that you can admit that you are "depressed", but what befuddles me, is what the hell does that mean, REALLY? Ask yourself some questions: what are you unhappy with on a physical level? (your looks, your confidence, your intelligence, anything attribute of yourself) if you don't have one, good. What are you unhappy with within your life? (home life, income, school)

Essentially, if you refuse to talk to doctors or parents even, if you think that they will mock you, you are wrong, or if you're embaressed, don't be, we're human and we all have our own issues. Being depressed isn't something you can control and I think if your parents are realistic they'll understand that let alone your doctor who can prescribe medication to help negate that feeling of depression that overwhelms your days. If you do refuse to do either, here are some things to work on that can contribute to feeling better and not so much 'depressed':

- Confidence
    Yeah, you'll hear this very often as I believe confidence is the underlying contributor of success, of happiness, of accomplishment even. Going into a football game, or a test and feeling confident that you are a good player, that you'll win the game, that you'll do good on the test, makes you do better by four fold I guarantee it. You need to have more confidence within yourself in aspects you see are rather lacking (such as insecurities regarding your physical appearance). Anytime you're going to do something tell yourself that you can do it. 'I got this'. It feels really good.

Another thing that ascribes to confidence is posture. Sit up in your chairs all the time and make sure you stand up straight. Really, something that small has such a big factor into a large aspect in our lives.

- Hygiene and diet
    One thing that I believe not only contributes to appearance and confidence is hygiene and diet. Make sure you FEEL clean and use facilities and manage cleanliness such as sanitizer in your backpack on the go or something as simple as deodorant. Diet is another thing. If you're constantly eating fast food or eating unhealthy and I'm sure you've heard it before, this has a direct link to not only depression but acne and can stagnate growth. Doing both of these will make you feel really good on the inside.

- Hobbies and stress relief
    Find a hobby if you don't have one already, a real hobby, not something you can just portray to your friends. You need to find something that will ultimately make you feel happier and will give you accomplishments, something that is not or is related to your interests or pursuit in life (career). Hell, like I said, one of my hobbies was psychology and studying that although I'm pursuing computers. Hobbies can provide stress relief but also exercise and working out can contribute to your physical appearance, make you feel better, make you an overall better person and has fantastic stress relief. CREATINE AND WEIGHTS GO GO GO.

Simply, the way to overcome being said, is to participate in the pursuit of happiness. Think happier, think better, be better. You can be better and you will be better.
    Last edited by Psychotic; 01-05-2015 at 11:30 PM.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

Batman (01-05-2015),I'm Dead :( (01-06-2015),koolguyy (01-05-2015),Paralyze (01-06-2015)

Threadstarter
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by NemsOne View Post
    Google made me cut myself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NemsOne View Post
    Google made me cut myself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Sheep View Post
    You know, I'm actually a really big piece of shit and an asshole but I had a great interest in psychology and psychiatry, it was one of my alternate paths if I didn't go into computers although I was so deep into them my Freshmen year it was more of a failsafe, but really if you are truly depressed, just either talk to your doctor as it's confidential but you would have to talk to your parents as well. Unfortunately, it's great that you can admit that you are "depressed", but what befuddles me, is what the hell does that mean, REALLY? Ask yourself some questions: what are you unhappy with on a physical level? (your looks, your confidence, your intelligence, anything attribute of yourself) if you don't have one, good. What are you unhappy with within your life? (home life, income, school)

Essentially, if you refuse to talk to doctors or parents even, if you think that they will mock you, you are wrong, or if you're embaressed, don't be, we're human and we all have our own issues. Being depressed isn't something you can control and I think if your parents are realistic they'll understand that let alone your doctor who can prescribe medication to help negate that feeling of depression that overwhelms your days. If you do refuse to do either, here are some things to work on that can contribute to feeling better and not so much 'depressed':

- Confidence
    Yeah, you'll hear this very often as I believe confidence is the underlying contributor of success, of happiness, of accomplishment even. Going into a football game, or a test and feeling confident that you are a good player, that you'll win the game, that you'll do good on the test, makes you do better by four fold I guarantee it. You need to have more confidence within yourself in aspects you see are rather lacking (such as insecurities regarding your physical appearance). Anytime you're going to do something tell yourself that you can do it. 'I got this'. It feels really good.

Another thing that ascribes to confidence is posture. Sit up in your chairs all the time and make sure you stand up straight. Really, something that small has such a big factor into a large aspect in our lives.

- Hygiene and diet
    One thing that I believe not only contributes to appearance and confidence is hygiene and diet. Make sure you FEEL clean and use facilities and manage cleanliness such as sanitizer in your backpack on the go or something as simple as deodorant. Diet is another thing. If you're constantly eating fast food or eating unhealthy and I'm sure you've heard it before, this has a direct link to not only depression but acne and can stagnate growth. Doing both of these will make you feel really good on the inside.

Find a hobby if you don't have one already, a real hobby, not something you can just portray to your friends. You need to find something that will ultimately make you feel happier and will give you accomplishments, something that is not or is related to your interests or pursuit in life (career). Hell, like I said, one of my hobbies was psychology and studying that although I'm pursuing computers. Hobbies can provide stress relief but also exercise and working out can contribute to your physical appearance, make you feel better, make you an overall better person and has fantastic stress relief. CREATINE AND WEIGHTS GO GO GO.

Simply, the way to overcome being said, is to participate in the pursuit of happiness. Think happier, think better, be better. You can be better and you will be better.
    Thanks. I tried diet but I took it too far and stopped eating for almost a week. Exercise may help. Currently looking for a hobby. Thanks a lot man. It feels really good to know that someone cared enough to say something like that. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Sheep View Post

- Confidence

- Hygiene and diet

Pretty sure he summed it up. +1

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I listen to really upbeat EDM music. 8]
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    Eat => Sleep => Wake Up
    You're happy

Thanks
    Just being busy with stuff might help.
    Member: December 24th, 2012
    Donator: January 4th, 2013
    Editor: January 19th, 2013 - August 17th, 2013
    Battlefield Minion: March 7th, 2013 - September 22nd, 2013
    Former Staff: September 22nd, 2013 - January 21st, 2014
    Battlefield Minion: January 21st, 2014 - May 5th, 2014
    Titanfall Minion: February 25th, 2014 - May 5th, 2014
    Former Staff: May 5th, 2014 - October 10th, 2015
    Battlefield Minion: October 10th, 2015 - February 12th, 2017
    Call of Duty Minion: March 4th, 2016 - February 12th, 2017

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    If you need to talk, PM me. I would otherwise tell you to think about good times coming up, like holidays.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_9 View Post

studies show that people who listen to music are more likely to be depressed

Also my advice would be if you don't know why your depressed find out why and you can think about something else when it comes to mind or go somewhere peaceful and quiet.

Thanks
    Talk to your friend .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    If you feel you are clinically depressed, seek therapy immediately. These are people with doctorates, trained to understand and treat you. Treat all other advice in this thread as bullshit, unless it is coming from a physician.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast