Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

ADVICE FOR COVER LETTER

Hello gang, so I'm applying for a job at this new gym that just opened up near by. Can anyone tell me if my cover letter is alright? Think it brings some attention to me? Serious comments pls :/ OH AND I CHANGE THE NAMES OF THE STUFFZ

To the Director of Housekeeping, in regards to a further interview and hopefully, a job. My name is ________ and I’m a Junior at ______ High school. I would be perfect for a job in Housekeeping, and let me explain to you why. I am only 16 years of age, but when it comes down to it, I’m ready to work and help my family financially. I am a mature, hardworking individual with a firm respect for authority, and I pay more attention to detail than anyone I know. My mom, who is what you could call a Germaphobe, expected of us to keep everything in ship-shape. There was no such thing as “spring cleaning”. Cleaning was year round and non-stop. Which meant that me and sibling had to keep everything tidy and in place. We folded laundry, did the gutters, washed the windows, anything that required cleaning, we did it. Its instinct to me to make sure everything is how it should be. I can bring organization and the ability to get anything done in fraction of the time it takes anyone else to. Also, being this could be my first real job, I feel excited at the thought of working and learning from someone who knows so much more than me.

Sincerely,
    Ahmad
    BALD ALLAH OF MPGH
    League of Legends God & Previous Minion

Thanks
    you're pushing your story a little bit. stick to the main point of the message and fix your grammatical/spelling errors

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Hachikuji View Post
    you're pushing your story a little bit. stick to the main point of the message and fix your grammatical/spelling errors
    Got it. Uhhh im kinda terrible with commas
    BALD ALLAH OF MPGH

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Too much sugarcoating in my opinion, take it back a bit and proofread carefully.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by top kek View Post
    Too much sugarcoating in my opinion, take it back a bit and proofread carefully.
    REVISED:

To the Director of Housekeeping in regards to a further interview and hopefully, a job. My name is Ahmad Taha and I’m a junior at High school. I would be perfect for a job in Housekeeping, and let me explain to you why. I’m ready to work and help family. I am a mature, hardworking individual with a firm respect for authority, and I pay more attention to detail than anyone I know. I can bring organization and I can take care of anyone needing help and will do anything that is asked of me. I can work from 4pm to latest 11pm on weekdays. Saturdays and Sundays I’m open all day. I can take care of anyone needing help and will do anything that is asked of me. Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Ahmad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hachikuji View Post
    Is the one I just posted better?
    BALD ALLAH OF MPGH

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    My version for you:
    To the Director of Housekeeping, in regard to a future interview and hopefully, a job. My name is Ahmad Taha and I’m a junior student at (Name of High School). I would prefer to have a job in Housekeeping, and I feel like I qualify, because of the following reasons: I am ready to work and willing to protect and give to my family, I feel like I’m mature, hardworking, and organized. I can help anyone with their requests, if they ever need it. I can work from 4pm to 11pm on weekdays. On weekends, I am available all day. I can take care of anyone who need help, and will do anything.

Thank you,
    Ahmad Taha

This was a quickly rushed version, so dont go with mine, but get with the template im trying to imply here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by top kek View Post
    My version for you:
    To the Director of Housekeeping, in regard to a future interview and hopefully, a job. My name is Ahmad Taha and I’m a junior student at (Name of High School). I would prefer to have a job in Housekeeping, and I feel like I qualify, because of the following reasons: I am ready to work and willing to protect and give to my family, I feel like I’m mature, hardworking, and organized. I can help anyone with their requests, if they ever need it. I can work from 4pm to 11pm on weekdays. On weekends, I am available all day. I can take care of anyone who need help, and will do anything.

Thank you,
    Ahmad Taha

This was a quickly rushed version, so dont go with mine, but get with the template im trying to imply here.
    To the Director of Housekeeping in regards to a further interview and hopefully, a job. My name is Ahmad Taha and I’m a junior student at Beaverton High school. I would be perfect for a job in Housekeeping, and let me explain to you why. I am a mature, hardworking individual with a firm respect for authority. I pay close attention to detail. I can bring organization and I can take care of anyone needing help and will do anything that is asked of me. Thank you.

Better?
    BALD ALLAH OF MPGH

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post

To the Director of Housekeeping in regards to a further interview and hopefully, a job. My name is Ahmad Taha and I’m a junior student at Beaverton High school. I would be perfect for a job in Housekeeping, and let me explain to you why. I am a mature, hardworking individual with a firm respect for authority. I pay close attention to detail. I can bring organization and I can take care of anyone needing help and will do anything that is asked of me. Thank you.

Better?
    no not at all. give me like 10 mins ill whip something up

- - - Updated - - -

(If you're applying for janitor, I doubt there will be much work to be done to get accepted. Btw, if you want to have an interview, save the backstory and fine details for the interview, not just the message requesting an interview.))

To the Director of Housekeeping regarding a potential job interview,

My name is Ahmad Taha, and I am currently a Junior at Beaverton High School. I would like to request an interview for a job in housekeeping at (Name of gym). I have been raised by my strict mother, who tought myself and my siblings how to clean, be clean, and have an eye for detail. She has raised me into a respectful, polite young man and I would like to have a job so I may support my family, to repay her for the lessons and care she has given me. I would like to arrange a meeting with you so that we can further discuss how I may be able to benefit the gym and it's customers.

Please contact me at:
    - 555-555-5555
    - Ahmad@email.com (Make a new email that seems presentable and official)

Thank you for your time,
    Ahmad Taha
    Last edited by Grizzly; 01-08-2015 at 07:51 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post

Better?
    Okay, I have seen little improvement in your prior three posts.

Let me give you a good version, feel free to use this one.

To the Director of Housekeeping in regards to a further interview. My name is Ahmad Taha and I’m a student at Beaverton High school. I am seeking the role of housekeeping. I am well fitted for the job because: I am a mature, hardworking individual with a firm respect for authority. I pay close attention to detail. I can bring organization and take pride in my work. My hours of availability are during the week are ____ and on weekends ____.

Thank you for your time,

Ahmad _____

Contact Details...
    Last edited by Democritus; 01-08-2015 at 08:11 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I don't know what kind of entry level job you expect to have where you need a cover letter and possibly resume? Seems totally overboard to me.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

11. The Following User Says Thank You to arunforce For This Useful Post:

thisisreal34 (01-08-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Focus on your skills and what makes you stand out.

You already wrote a lot about your skillset but you didn't go much into detail about each of them.

How are you hardworking? What makes you mature?

In general, just sell yourself. Make you stand out. In the real world, you would be applying against hundreds of other people who are just as good as you, if not better. Make a lasting impression by writing something the person would surely remember you for.

Also a good tip would be to add something about the gym itself and how you can make a difference to it. Let them know your not there just for the money, rather for the experience or whatever you want.

Hope this helps

MPGH Member Since: 2011
    AVA Minion Since: 7.14.2013 - 7.4.2014

⎳ℴ ⎷ ℯ
    進撃の巨人

私は武器販売業者と一緒に旅行した

犬の日が終わった

MPGH Relic, Full-time Lurker.

Join Anime Force, take over the world.

✘✘✘

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    I don't know what kind of entry level job you expect to have where you need a cover letter and possibly resume? Seems totally overboard to me.
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    What kind of employer expects a cover letter for a fucking house-cleaner?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    My version:

allahu ackbar

thats it
    Vouch thread

Quote Originally Posted by foginho81 View Post
    Hello guys,5 mins ago i dowloaded this program, in 2 minutes i cracked an account, so i purchased Premium for supporting and have unlimited features!

A+++ Tool GREAT CODER!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkiller198 View Post
    I just purchased a Premium account and I haven't had any problems with it!

Quote Originally Posted by ImShan View Post
    Vouch for this guy!

I just bought premium and works pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiiKFO View Post
    Vouch bought premium works very well
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade324 View Post
    vouch i just bought premium it works great
    Quote Originally Posted by coolzombiesg View Post
    Vouch for him

I just bought premium and works pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by KaizoPvP View Post
    VOUCHE: Yep, you are a legit seller, and I like the stuff you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTNGaming View Post
    Premium Purchased

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Nice Letter You Have This Job