Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

Lightbulb Is it wrong to be Agnostic/Atheist?

The title says it all.

First of all, I would like to say thank you to anyone who willingly wasting their time by reading this first thread made by me. Whether it be a theist or an atheist, you are free to respond to this in your own ways & belief.

I, myself is an agnostic person but sometimes I do believe in certains miracle to happen which is cause by something beyond human capabilities that is considered to be God's supernatural intervention.

I had made a choice to not believe in few things about religion after educating myself about the Creationism & Evolutionism. Till then, I developed my own thinking & criticisms towards religious people.

So how is it to you guys out there? Feel free to leave a reply.
    Last edited by CoupSeven; 01-09-2015 at 12:15 PM. Reason: forgot to put the 's' duh

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    It depends on your point of view, and in mine absolutely not.

I personally believe it's wrong to base your entire existence off of a book that is so contradictory, and not require any solid proof what-so-ever.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by CoupSeven View Post
    The title says it all.

First of all, I would like to say thank you to anyone who willingly wasting their time by reading this first thread made by me. Whether it be a theist or an atheist, you are free to respond to this in your own ways & belief.

I, myself is an agnostic person but sometimes I do believe in certains miracle to happen which is cause by something beyond human capabilities that is considered to be God's supernatural intervention.

I had made a choice to not believe in few things about religion after educating myself about the Creationism & Evolutionism. Till then, I developed my own thinking & criticisms towards religious people.

So how is it to you guys out there? Feel free to leave a reply.
    You should look up "god of the gaps" and "argument from ignorance.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Confluency View Post

I personally believe it's wrong to base your entire existence off of a book that is so contradictory, and not require any solid proof what-so-ever.
    wow, xaviar saying something right for once.

OP:
    There is no god
    There is no higher being
    There is nothing after death

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

Used to refer to Bible & Quran once to prove myself about existence of human being which came out to be the same for both religion since it stated that Adam & Eve is the first human to ever lived in planet Earth. I don't know why after a few years pass by, I kinda feel stupid about this religious stuffs & began to not believing in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

You should look up "god of the gaps" and "argument from ignorance.

Sure, why not.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by top kek View Post

wow, xaviar saying something right for once.

OP:
    There is no god
    There is no higher being
    There is nothing after death
    I'm not Xaviar, you can ask Dave for an ip-check.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoupSeven View Post
    Used to refer to Bible & Quran once to prove myself about existence of human being which came out to be the same for both religion since it stated that Adam & Eve is the first human to ever lived in planet Earth. I don't know why after a few years pass by, I kinda feel stupid about this religious stuffs & began to not believing in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, why not.
    Yea, I felt the same way as a kid. I thought that we have to have a reason to be alive, but once you start questioning and realizing the "answers" these religious people give you make no sense you start to stray away from religious beliefs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    Yea, I felt the same way as a kid. I thought that we have to have a reason to be alive, but once you start questioning and realizing the "answers" these religious people give you make no sense you start to stray away from religious beliefs.
    Well then, maybe it is time for other people to think that way. Indeed, that the reason why everyone (not all) who changed their beliefs in religion is because when they start questioning on why they are existing here.

Religious people became one of the main factor why Atheism exist. It is because, religous people always came out with something that doesn't even makes any sense at all about a things in their religion teaching
    Last edited by CoupSeven; 01-11-2015 at 04:36 AM. Reason: forgot to quote, duh

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CoupSeven For This Useful Post:

Voucher (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Its a common misconception.... most kids in the USA have Christianity brought upon them and its Naturally the thing you must believe in... but if you honestly take a look at the bible or the beliefs of Christians its all trust based.... and trust based is good and all but, when its the fact that if you don't believe you will burn in a deathly place for all eternity I mean the bible portrays god as a great being of courage and forgiveness, then why if someone doesn't believe they spend a eternity in hell.... What about all the starving Africans and raped 12 year old girls in the slave trade in china... where is god there... how come people all across the USA have money to buy 3.4 million dollar cars an people all across the world cant afford a house or food, where is your god there...? Another thing, most people don't even know the story of Lucifer or the devil basically he was one of the most powerful archangels along with Gabriel, Michael, Israfil and Azrael. (also Metatron [not the transformer] is a jewish archangel) The archangel Lucifer (Lucifer translates to Morning Star) loved God more than anything, and when god made Jesus Christ the son of god, Lucifer was jealous of the son of god, and just wanted god to love the angels. When god told Lucifer to love a mortal as Jesus Christ as much as Lucifer loved god Lucifer lashed out, and as only Lucifer was trying to please god , he was cast to a eternity in hell (gods wrath) and just because he wanted to love god. Also most churches don't want you to believe in the story of god but to make you scared enough of hell to make you believe in Christianity. I am a agnostic myself, I do believe there is a higher power rather there is a god or multiple advanced being in a different universe. I don't know I am just chilling in earth waiting to find out.

Sorry for the sermon I just felt like sharing my thoughts.
    Last edited by Prince Zuko; 01-22-2015 at 07:22 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Personally, I think religion is a set of rules created by people who wanted more control and ended up becoming a big thing to explain things that don't make sense (that's just my personal opinion, no hate please) but it is by no means wrong to not believe, its a personal choice that affects nobody else, as long as you don't rub peoples face in it like many religious peoples do.

tl;dr for the lazy
    If you don't believe, don't rub peoples nose in it. it's only wrong when you do that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by outrunbigdaddy1 View Post
    Personally, I think religion is a set of rules created by people who wanted more control and ended up becoming a big thing to explain things that don't make sense (that's just my personal opinion, no hate please) but it is by no means wrong to not believe, its a personal choice that affects nobody else, as long as you don't rub peoples face in it like many religious peoples do.

tl;dr for the lazy
    If you don't believe, don't rub peoples nose in it. it's only wrong when you do that.
    Basically 9.9/10 Christians

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by outrunbigdaddy1 View Post
    but it is by no means wrong to not believe, its a personal choice that affects nobody else, as long as you don't rub peoples face in it like many religious peoples do.
    O_O

It doesn't effect anybody else? How naive are you kid?
    Last edited by Empire; 01-23-2015 at 07:10 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

O_O

It doesn't effect anybody else? How naive are you kid?
    Okay, Since you seem unhappy with my Personal opinion/Experience on the topic

I said it is okay to not believe as long as you don't rub peoples nose in it, if you don't believe and you don't talk about it does it truly affect anyone? Unless someone acts differently towards a person of a religious belief (shunning, disrespecting, trying to convert them to atheism/agnostic) in my Personal Experience with many people I know that do not believe (I don't believe in anything myself) they keep it to themselves and don't try to convert anyone, it's a personal choice. If you thought I was talking about Religious people not trying to convert/rub peoples nose into it, oh hell no, they rub that shit in everyone's face and state everything can be proved by "The Bible"

Thanks
    Religion is like a penis, it's ok if you have one, it's also ok if you don't, but it's not ok if you try to push your penis (or lack of one) down someone else throat

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by bloox12 View Post
    Religion is like a penis, it's ok if you have one, it's also ok if you don't, but it's not ok if you try to push your penis (or lack of one) down someone else throat

The "lets just accept everyone" mentality is why Islam is stamping down opposers in Europe.

It's a nice thought, but when one side actually wants to be dominantyou lose the "equal" society.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I don't feel being an athiest can be bad in any way if you do not interrupt other people or change people's view, religion should be kept to itself, not forced onto people.

All gods that are widely worshiped are atheists, and most viewed as loving forgiving beings, so I'm sure if they're real they will understand why I'm an athiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Abuna View Post
    account sold, I went first! All went smooth, would love to trade with Hezz again as he is very nice and patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by skydiini View Post
    just sold my rotmg account for 20$ i went first Smooth trade
    Quote Originally Posted by AresVI View Post
    Extra Note: A+++ Buyer. Would reccomend this guy to anyone. smooth as a baby's bottom.
    Ignorance is bliss, until it causes an event that creates a lot of self-harm and you're blaming it on your ignorance.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast