Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Do you like the Avatar Series?

Hello fellow MPGH'ers

If you are a fan of Avatar the Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra series then you might like this

So there is a website, (wikia actually) for purely Avatar-related Fanons. A fanon is a fanfiction wrote by the members of the website. Some are pretty well written, and others aren't. If anyone wants to give check it out, I am linking my fanon, and the website. I actually enjoy the site, and reading peoples fanons since the avatar franchise recently ended

And by no means am I advertising, I just want to see some new members on the site.
    Last edited by Prince Zuko; 01-20-2015 at 08:30 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Thanks
    Anime: Japanese-style animated film or television entertainment
    Avatar: The Last Airbender (Avatar: The Legend of Aang in some regions) is an American television series that aired for three seasons on Nickelodeon from 2005 to 2008

Next

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    Anime: Japanese-style animated film or television entertainment
    Avatar: The Last Airbender (Avatar: The Legend of Aang in some regions) is an American television series that aired for three seasons on Nickelodeon from 2005 to 2008

Next
    Generally, the term anime refers to a style of animation originating from Japan. It has since been used to refer to other shows produced in other countries, such as the United States.[3] As japanese anime became increasingly popular, Western animation studios began implementing some visual stylizations typical in anime—such as exaggerated facial expressions and "super deformed" versions of characters. The advent of japanese anime stylizations appearing in Western anime questioned the established meaning of "anime."[1] There are several Western animators who collaborated with Japanese anime creators while producing Western animes. For example, production on The Animatrix began when the Wachowskis visited some of the creators of the anime films that had been strong influences on their work, and decided to collaborate with them.[7] The collaboration between Western and Japanese animators dates back to the early 1980s, such as the Dungeons & Dragons animated series being a co-production between Marvel Animation and Toei Animation...

Oh and, Avatar: The Last Airbender is another example of Western anime influenced by Japanese anime. It is considered an anime because both its plot and style are very similar to ones normally seen in an anime. vatar creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino confirmed a particular japanese anime influence in a magazine interview; that of "Hayao Miyazaki, especially Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke"[10] as well as My Neighbor Totoro. Avatar also draws inspiration from the anime works of Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, as well as FLCL of Gainax. Other various studios from which inspiration was drawn include Studio 4°C, Production I.G, and Studio Ghibli.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Fanfiction is really not a part of this section. Feel free to make this thread, but I'd rather not have thread after thread of shipping and whatnot.

O_O

Avatar isn't technically "anime"(sure its inspired by anime, but it's not anime), but it doesn't really matter tbh, no one really cares.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Still I like avatar despite not being exactly anime though.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    it was cool

when I was 5

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by easton816 View Post
    Generally, the term anime refers to a style of animation originating from Japan. It has since been used to refer to other shows produced in other countries, such as the United States.[3] As japanese anime became increasingly popular, Western animation studios began implementing some visual stylizations typical in anime—such as exaggerated facial expressions and "super deformed" versions of characters. The advent of japanese anime stylizations appearing in Western anime questioned the established meaning of "anime."[1] There are several Western animators who collaborated with Japanese anime creators while producing Western animes. For example, production on The Animatrix began when the Wachowskis visited some of the creators of the anime films that had been strong influences on their work, and decided to collaborate with them.[7] The collaboration between Western and Japanese animators dates back to the early 1980s, such as the Dungeons & Dragons animated series being a co-production between Marvel Animation and Toei Animation...

Oh and, Avatar: The Last Airbender is another example of Western anime influenced by Japanese anime. It is considered an anime because both its plot and style are very similar to ones normally seen in an anime. vatar creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino confirmed a particular japanese anime influence in a magazine interview; that of "Hayao Miyazaki, especially Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke"[10] as well as My Neighbor Totoro. Avatar also draws inspiration from the anime works of Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, as well as FLCL of Gainax. Other various studios from which inspiration was drawn include Studio 4°C, Production I.G, and Studio Ghibli.
    Still gonna call it a Cartoon.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Still gonna call it a Cartoon.
    I never said It wasn't a cartoon, its just there is good western styled anime.

Thanks
    I never said It wasn't a cartoon, its just there is good western styled anime.
    b-but its not anime.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    b-but its not anime.
    Yes its not Anime but is has the same exact quality of a good anime series, I just don't like the fact that the deciding factor of an anime is where its made. What if the Spongebob was made in Japan, would it be considered anime?

Thanks
    Yes its not Anime but is has the same exact quality of a good anime series, I just don't like the fact that the deciding factor of an anime is where its made. What if the Spongebob was made in Japan, would it be considered anime?
    Technically, yes. -Japanese-style animated film or television entertainment- If it's made in Japan, it's Anime. If its got similar art, I would just call it a cartoon. So we can through in Sandy-kun but it's still fucking American, unless it's made in Japan.

>inb4 Japanese style.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Technically, yes. -Japanese-style animated film or television entertainment- If it's made in Japan, it's Anime. If its got similar art, I would just call it a cartoon. So we can through in Sandy-kun but it's still fucking American, unless it's made in Japan.

>inb4 Japanese style.
    Well I wouldn't call All western styled anime cartoons because Cartoons are more childish vs anime is for all audiences.

Thanks
    Well I wouldn't call All western styled anime cartoons because Cartoons are more childish vs anime is for all audiences.
    Name a western style cartoon that is Anime, and you cant use Air bender/Korra or whatever this shits called, because we seem to have established it's not.
    >Can't google Western Anime
    >Has to be airing today.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Name a western style cartoon that is Anime, and you cant use Air bender/Korra or whatever this shits called, because we seem to have established it's not.
    >Can't google Western Anime
    >Has to be airing today.
    I don't know if its still running but Boondocks is sorta anime. I never said there was a lot of western styled anime but there are a few...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast