Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by Organized Chaos View Post

Hmm...
    I'll prove you wrong

It really depends on the person
    This is no where near "pro" this is high novice at best
    although though the text looks like there is more than just changing the font its still very unnecessary to the overall tag

good examples of people who knew how to use text in the their tag was blane

[IMG]https://i180.photobucke*****m/albums/x208/blane-tags/HeeroYuy.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i180.photobucke*****m/albums/x208/blane-tags/Gundam-Quantum.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i180.photobucke*****m/albums/x208/blane-tags/Conduit14-F2.png[/IMG]

but even then he didnt really put his name

work on your text as a part of your tag rather than it just being your name or whatever, it makes the tag alot more appealing

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by MC˛ View Post

This is no where near "pro" this is high novice at best
    although though the text looks like there is more than just changing the font its still very unnecessary to the overall tag

good examples of people who knew how to use text in the their tag was blane

[IMG]https://i180.photobucke*****m/albums/x208/blane-tags/HeeroYuy.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i180.photobucke*****m/albums/x208/blane-tags/Gundam-Quantum.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i180.photobucke*****m/albums/x208/blane-tags/Conduit14-F2.png[/IMG]

but even then he didnt really put his name

work on your text as a part of your tag rather than it just being your name or whatever, it makes the tag alot more appealing
    Yes but if you google those images
    I instantly found there makers which is another security for rippers

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Organized Chaos View Post

Yes but if you google those images
    I instantly found there makers which is another security for rippers
    If you google your image you find this threads and other made by you. It's not because of text or anything. Text doesn't deter rippers at all. In fact it's ridiculously to remove text and to claim that you go by a different name. You try to make some weird points.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

If you google your image you find this threads and other made by you. It's not because of text or anything. Text doesn't deter rippers at all. In fact it's ridiculously to remove text and to claim that you go by a different name. You try to make some weird points.
    Who honestly cares?
    All of you are queers
    All you do is shun people
    Grow the fuck up, say something nice for a change

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I agree with text, A lot of my work i don't put text anymore.. But once i got into Logo design i started becoming more comfortable.. but if you have no idea what your doing with text and the styles then stay away because it can make and break a tag.. I usually stay simple fonts nothing to fancy usually the default fonts are the best and you can edit blocky texts pretty easily and make them how you want, but again you need to know whats to much and whats just right.. you don't want text to take attention from the actual focal and always remember the rule of thirds.

@Doc idk what it is, but you have just become a huge dick here lately.. like your shit don't stink and its annoying as fuck.. i know you know a lot about design, but there are other ways to say what you wanna say without coming off as a giant dick. its one of the reasons why this place is dying because assholes like you.

and i know Organized Chaos attitude is shitty also but you constantly attack him and he tends to attack back and then this whole cluster fuck happens and it happens in all this threads because people are just assholes towards him, maybe its him or maybe its how he gets attacked constantly as to why hes like that but gah damn does it get annoying real fast.
    Last edited by Mr.Seyeko; 02-02-2015 at 02:51 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Seyeko For This Useful Post:

Fucking Moron (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Seyeko View Post
    I agree with text, A lot of my work i don't put text anymore.. But once i got into Logo design i started becoming more comfortable.. but if you have no idea what your doing with text and the styles then stay away because it can make and break a tag.. I usually stay simple fonts nothing to fancy usually the default fonts are the best and you can edit blocky texts pretty easily and make them how you want, but again you need to know whats to much and whats just right.. you don't want text to take attention from the actual focal and always remember the rule of thirds.

@Doc idk what it is, but you have just become a huge dick here lately.. like your shit don't stink and its annoying as fuck.. i know you know a lot about design, but there are other ways to say what you wanna say without coming off as a giant dick. its one of the reasons why this place is dying because assholes like you.

and i know Organized Chaos attitude is shitty also but you constantly attack him and he tends to attack back and then this whole cluster fuck happens and it happens in all this threads because people are just assholes towards him, maybe its him or maybe its how he gets attacked constantly as to why hes like that but gah damn does it get annoying real fast.
    Na dude. Plenty of people here don't mind me. I think it's you two who have the issue. One gets bitchy when someone tries to teach them and advice them when, where and why in regards to text and the other gets his jimmies rustled, well, I don't even know why the fuck you get your jimmies rustled for. This place isn't dying. It died over 2 years ago when we all stopped making tags. In fact lately its been booming in comparison to the last 2 years. Fuck me for trying to educate anyone right?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

KillTheNoise (02-02-2015),Ryan (02-03-2015)

Thanks

I'd rather have someone tell me straight up how I fucked up and how I'm wrong and sound like a dick than tip-toeing around me and acting like a little bitch trying not to hurt my feeling

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    very cool one

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Na dude. Plenty of people here don't mind me. I think it's you two who have the issue. One gets bitchy when someone tries to teach them and advice them when, where and why in regards to text and the other gets his jimmies rustled, well, I don't even know why the fuck you get your jimmies rustled for. This place isn't dying. It died over 2 years ago when we all stopped making tags. In fact lately its been booming in comparison to the last 2 years. Fuck me for trying to educate anyone right?
    Im not telling you to Sugar coat it, maybe read what i said.. you can be helpful without coming off as a fucking dick..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Im not telling you to Sugar coat it, maybe read what i said.. you can be helpful without coming off as a fucking dick..
    Without taking sides in this, how he comes off is entirely subjective. I've known Shayne for a long time and people should trust me when I say that he, myself, Eth, and others are often repeating things that we've said before that we know to be valuable but aren't taken seriously.

We only know them to be valuable because someone said them to us once, and no matter how they were delivered, we wanted to improve badly enough that we took it. You must understand, and I'll only speak for myself, that not being considered is tiring. Because we still care about this section to varying degrees, as strange as it is.

What really needs to be established in this section is an understanding that intentional critique (from regular visitors at least) is never given with the purpose of bringing anyone down. Once that's in everyone's minds, maybe we can stop worrying about how people word things for us and start worrying about the subject matter.

If I say, "The text sucks, the colors don't match for shit, and there's no flow at all," there's just as much to be taken out of that as if I said it without expletives. As long as you have the desire to improve, that is. I don't condone being an outright ass, but I don't believe that's what Shayne's doing. I do believe it's worth it to learn to sift through critique for yourself and take what you feel is useful, then leave it at that.

Does that make sense? I'm tired and I think I might be rambling.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Doc (02-04-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

How am I being a dick? By constantly trying to correct someone's misguided understandings? It's not my fault if someone doesn't understand different concepts of small art, but someone has to be blunt and say "that's not how it works".
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    It's very nice actually

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    *claps*
    I wish I could do stuff like this, but I have no sense of art/graphics.
    If you wish to thank me, don't forget to click the button!

Currently Playing: Osu, OldSchool Runescape (pm for username)

Bitcoin Address: 1HUdLVM7DnT9gC1i5kNKzcKWekSbFoKNp2

Steam
    Main Account
    Sales Account

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions relating Java, Python, or Physics, or general schoolwork

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    So I happened to find this...

https://www.deviantar*****m/art/Mysitc...wmen-345047701
    @Organized Chaos @Doc

Its awfully similar to the sig you posted...
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokou-Sama View Post
    So I happened to find this...

https://www.deviantar*****m/art/Mysitc...wmen-345047701
    @Organized Chaos @Doc

Its awfully similar to the sig you posted...
    These sigs are the results of a tutorial: https://markcape.deviantar*****m/art/T...wmen-348238757

https://stealthy4u.deviantar*****m/art...cher-368674118
    https://markcape.deviantar*****m/art/M...wmen-345047701

Basically it's the same set of resources being used in all three, that's why they're similiar.

As for the "don't be a dick" argument:
    The point of criticism is to deliver your opinion to other people, so they can hopefully improve based off it.
    You can do it however you want, be a dick if you wish, it doesn't matter as long as your targets receive the message.
    The deal is that if you try to express yourself in a mannered way without being too harsh, you're more likely people will catch what you're attempting to say rather than labelling your post as offensive.
    It's all about how much you care that your opinion is received.

If you're trying to speak to me or KillTheNoise, then by all means be harsh and painful, i'd not mind and i'm sure he wouldn't either.
    However, in the case of somebody else, like O.Chaos, if you don't soften up then he'll turtle up and soak nothing, making your efforts go to waste.

Plus being able to attune yourself to who you're speaking to makes you look more respectful.
    It's like avoiding to swear when kids are around or avoiding to say silly things when doing a job interview.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast