Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Tokyo Ghoul Root A Episode 4 Discussion

So lots of fighting went on this episode and again it looks like Ishida isn't exactly doing a anime original story, it's more like he's just putting the sequences of the manga in order. due to all the fighting that happened in this episode I couldn't help but see that it looked like it was drawn very poorly which is sad. Also looks like we get to see Centipede pretty early on in the season.

//Discuss

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    Animation seemed pretty low quality to me, some of the fight scenes were just awkward.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    This episode was utter shit color. I'm sorry, but even barring the ridiculously bad filler plot the animation in this episode is naruto-level shit.

Season 2 is over. Sorry man.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Takatsuki (01-30-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    This episode was utter shit color. I'm sorry, but even barring the ridiculously bad filler plot the animation in this episode is naruto-level shit.

Season 2 is over. Sorry man.
    They jumped like what, 45 chapters?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    They jumped like what, 45 chapters?
    If it was just a skipping of chapters I'd be fine, but this episode......

1. Ok first off, animation. It's not just lacking, it's fucking gone. There are these weird as fuck close-ups on the character faces during fights, there are huuuge second long gaps in an action during the fight scenes, it's just reaaaaaaally bad.

2. Story. It doesn't even make sense.....at all. Kaneki joins the evil side to destroy whoever, proceeds to attack the government all while shouting grudge stuff for whoever. Several people are just there. They have nothing to do with anything. One guy gets introduced and killed in an incredibly lazy fight scene.

3. As for fillers, it's awful. They kept Touka's brother alive for some reason, then keep using the "gluttony" ghoul for random shit, no backstory or explanation whatsoever on half the ghouls or the blonde partner.

It's just bad. I mean filler I can deal with, but this animation.....it's just awful. They cannot show a full-attack this entire episode. Like damn, not a single attack didn't have an out of focus camera shot or weird close-up.

Not even bothering with this show. It's done. Perriot killed it.
    Last edited by Empire; 02-01-2015 at 01:55 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

If it was just a skipping of chapters I'd be fine, but this episode......

1. Ok first off, animation. It's not just lacking, it's fucking gone. There are these weird as fuck close-ups on the character faces during fights, there are huuuge second long gaps in an action during the fight scenes, it's just reaaaaaaally bad.

2. Story. It doesn't even make sense.....at all. Kaneki joins the evil side to destroy whoever, proceeds to attack the government all while shouting grudge stuff for whoever. Several people are just there. They have nothing to do with anything. One guy gets introduced and killed in an incredibly lazy fight scene.

3. As for fillers, it's awful. They kept Touka's brother alive for some reason, then keep using the "gluttony" ghoul for random shit, no backstory or explanation whatsoever on half the ghouls or the blonde partner.

It's just bad. I mean filler I can deal with, but this animation.....it's just awful. They cannot show a full-attack this entire episode. Like damn, not a single attack didn't have an out of focus camera shot or weird close-up.

Not even bothering with this show. It's done. Perriot killed it.
    Eh I've tried explaining this on other places too, and unfortunately they don't get it. I'm glad that at least someone saw it too.

Yeah, when the guy got fucking stabbed and blood came out, then nothing was explained on to how he exactly lived, and then he just got up right stabbed...Pretty lame.

Kanekis fight, at least showed his transformation because his fat fuck ate Jason. I just hope that is going to be done good....

o wait Perriot is op.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Pretty disappointed so far. It's clear they weren't expecting the popularity and rushed the 2nd season. It's amazing that the quality has gotten worse. The writing is horrible regardless of whether or not they're pulling it from the manga. I'm just glad that the censorship is toned down. Hopefully it picks up but I don't see it happening.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Pretty disappointed so far. It's clear they weren't expecting the popularity
    Lol what? Of course it's going to have hype when it was coming in, if the studio didn't know this then they must live under a rock mate.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Color View Post

Lol what? Of course it's going to have hype when it was coming in, if the studio didn't know this then they must live under a rock mate.
    I'm talking about the first season not the second season. When the first season was released TG:RE wasn't even announced yet, the manga's popularity was still solidifying itself, it just looked like another standard adaptation. Yet it almost reached SnK status, but instead of holding off for the second season and trying to wring in the writing and animation they just rode the popularity wave and cut corners everywhere.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Omg here I was thinking I was the only one who had no idea what was going on. I mean how the fuck did Kaneki grow that sht on his back? The fights dont even develop. Explanation is zero. Wtf man? So much hype for this....
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Idk man, aslong as people enjoy it. I know some of you enjoy all these in-depth explanations and shit, but for me personally i'm easily entertained by all this shit. Of course if you see it differently I don't care lol, if you don't like it, you don't like it. Just move on to something else. Some people would say "Oh, you have bad taste" lol, who are you to say? If a show has good ratings, it's by the majority. I would like to see you create a better anime.
    Always ask for confirmation before and after adding me, I am not responsible if you get scammed by my impersonators

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujiyama View Post
    Idk man, aslong as people enjoy it. I know some of you enjoy all these in-depth explanations and shit, but for me personally i'm easily entertained by all this shit. Of course if you see it differently I don't care lol, if you don't like it, you don't like it. Just move on to something else. Some people would say "Oh, you have bad taste" lol, who are you to say? If a show has good ratings, it's by the majority. I would like to see you create a better anime.
    Pretty kek. People have different opinions obviously, but thats not what we're diving at here.

Let's use Sword Art Online as an example, because it's such a fun one to poke at. A lot of people really enjoyed it, including myself. I didn't find it that entertaining after the whole romance thing started picking up, but that's whatever, they chose to ruin the show themselves. Now, do I pick on people for having a really good time enjoying a show? No. But what I feel like a lot of people hate, is that a show gets so much attention and it doesn't deserve it. Tokyo Ghoul is a prime example, and it relates to a ton of shows; AoT, SAO, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, the list goes on.

So yeah, you can go ahead and enjoy a mind numbing show, but when shit hits the fan, people have a better judgment and view point, are obviously going to step in and correct the casuals.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Takatsuki For This Useful Post:

Fujiyama (02-04-2015)