Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Random DDos/High Ping

My Anti-Virus is AVG 2015 Free

So lately i've been using CS:GO Mods/Hacks, and downloading them and using them all from this Website (I'm not trying to point fingers, or say this website is virus infected). I am always connected to our Private TeamSpeak Server (My Clan/Group) of me and my friends, so I know how much ping, packet loss, in and out bytes, etc. that I have, plus to talk to my friends while gaming. Anyways for the past few weeks I have been having massive Lag spikes (100-5K Ping) to our TeamSpeak Server (Average of 45 Ping).

This is an Image I recently captured as my ping was rising

Any suggestions or ideas of what could be the problem.

P.S. My internet isn't the greatest, plus I live with 5 other people, 2 of which are using Xbox/Ps3 and stuff, and all of us have Phones using WiFi. But recently this has really acted up and is getting on my nerves when in CS:GO Comp match having 100+ ping and being frozen.
    Donator since: 02/01/2015

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    DDos attack not givn high ping == down connection directly

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David. For This Useful Post:

Bug (07-09-2015),wecopaul (03-25-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Yovez View Post
    My Anti-Virus is AVG 2015 Free

So lately i've been using CS:GO Mods/Hacks, and downloading them and using them all from this Website (I'm not trying to point fingers, or say this website is virus infected). I am always connected to our Private TeamSpeak Server (My Clan/Group) of me and my friends, so I know how much ping, packet loss, in and out bytes, etc. that I have, plus to talk to my friends while gaming. Anyways for the past few weeks I have been having massive Lag spikes (100-5K Ping) to our TeamSpeak Server (Average of 45 Ping).

This is an Image I recently captured as my ping was rising

Any suggestions or ideas of what could be the problem.

P.S. My internet isn't the greatest, plus I live with 5 other people, 2 of which are using Xbox/Ps3 and stuff, and all of us have Phones using WiFi. But recently this has really acted up and is getting on my nerves when in CS:GO Comp match having 100+ ping and being frozen.
    Virus using internet to send data maybe? I'm not familiar with viruses or malware so I wouldn't really know, I could only speculate.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EternalFire_ For This Useful Post:

Bug (07-09-2015),climbingfrog (08-17-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Have you tried to unplug your router and shit etc?

Thanks
    First and foremost you have to determine what is currently using bandwidth and see what you can do about it, if there's nothing out of the ordinary in your computer, then there might be something going on with your router, try unplugging it for 30 seconds and then reconnecting it and see if that helps.
    If it still doesn't help, if it's an option, try resetting the router.

If not, the two more likely scenarios are that the other people on your network is using it more, or there's a problem with your ISP.

I wouldn't consider DDoS before testing any of those due to a low ping increase.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    You guys should look at the date of the thread lol.

Thanks
    I mostly added it as additional information in-case someone else Googled and had a similar problem and just happened upon this thread.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Bandwidth amplification dos or perhaps SYN flooding?

It's going to come down to the fact that they have the TS IP address, and that's the 1 and only thing they need to pull these attacks off.

I'm not good with TS and have only used it adaptively or as-required over the years, but certainly there must be some way to have an extra layer of security to stop it (or muffle it, which is usually enough to fend off someone who just wanted to make a point.)

My experience with this comes from gameserver administration; we ended up having to suffer it for over a year before switching hosts, and other things, only to find htey were accessing our IP through sourcebans and just hitting F5, most likely. There's literally no other possible way. THis is a totally different dynamic, though.

EDIT: From the enduser side of things, I did a hard reset on my cable modem. Note I don't use wireless of any kind, and it's simply the ethernet cable. It's an Aaris DOCSIS 3.0-compliant modem, no frills, just a step up from what an ISP charges you to rent. To do a hard reset on that, I had to take the battery out, unplug all cables, and actually leave it overnight. THe manual said 30+ minutes, but my particular ISP loves giving me the same address. Since there isn't that kind of time to spare, and since this is at the Teamspeak level from how I understand it, there must be a way to spoof or ghost the address, or pull off a similar task. When I could NOT get a new IP address, btw, (since htese attacks were incessant, any & every time I got on the computer, not just one of our gameservers,) I went to Device Manager or devmgmt.msc ---> located my internet adapter and went to properties ------> under advanced, there's a field for Network Address. ----> you can literally just click the radio button that lets you populate the box. You can put in anything you want, but they say that leading with two zero's makes it less obvoius that it's spoofed. I restart my PC and when it comes back, the spoofed MAC (on the adapter) gives the new IP address. A fellow admin got around this (as he was wireless) by using MAC Address Filtering from his actual router config screen.

We then used a service called Blockscript for our forums and site to mitigate things as much as possible.

I'll help any way that I can, but my limited knowledge and memory of this, sorry to say, is about as good as what I just got done typing above. We also have someoen specifically dedicated to the "IT"-oriented role, so I"m paraphrasing at best. I'll ask, though, and if he's online, I'll try to do some fact-finding about how to mitigate a dos on a TS server.

DoS attacks are so illegal as fck it's shocking to staggering levels how many people still dick around with this after the countless examples made out of ppl who get caught doing it.
    Last edited by jacobmarley1222; 11-20-2015 at 05:47 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    This used to happen to me, I would just shut my wifi off and go to sleep. it would be fine the next morning. Run CCleaner, maybe you have unwanted processes running.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    The thread is a long time ago Lmao
    GFX/VFX/Coder/Gamer

One of my simplest GFX work:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I Had a problem like this And it was my router, i Always had high ping but i bought a new one and it worked, but idk for you sorry

hanging from ya girls ceiling fan whaddup
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by climbingfrog View Post
    I Had a problem like this And it was my router, i Always had high ping but i bought a new one and it worked, but idk for you sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by climbingfrog View Post
    +1 same idea
    This thread is well over a year and a half fucking old.
    bonk

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Get ESET NOD32
    It warns me if there is stuff like a UDP Portscan attack or whatever, and blocks it, no matter what

Also, make sure you use a VPN, remember, this is a hacking site, there is no way around a VPN, never
    And best thing is to get a new router, and to call your ISP if your IP is static, tell them to change it because you got DDoseD all the time

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by David. View Post
    DDos attack not givn high ping == down connection directly
    That's wrong, a ddos attack could be used to slow your internet down or to break connection.

Both of these could be happening to him, your facts are false.