Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep

[Idea] Social Engineering RotMG Gold With Kabam Support with Private Servers

Ok, so this might sound really dumb but here is a try.

Now when you buy something like the dungeon pack on the main home screen, and you receive the wrong items, you contact support. Now when you say you want a refund, they tell you to take a video of you taking the keys or whatever you bought like ambrosia, and you drop them in your vault and then you nexus, then you go back inside your vault. That's what they need. They need proof of you kind of "losing" or "giving back" the items. Now what if we can use a private server, spawn in the ambrosia/items we accidentally received, drop it in the private server vault, go in the nexus, go back inside the vault, and send that video to Kabam? If this goes through, then they will eventually "refund" your gold back the account that you said had a purchase error. Profit???

Now I don't know much about private servers, but it's an idea that might be just stupid or can be improved an eventually done by people. I'm just gonna tag some people that I think can contribute or say this is complete crap.
    @DuckDonald @krazyshank @BARm @easton816 @Kithio

Thanks
    While I'm not here to deny the fact that this is a hacking forum (meaning exploits!)...

I'm too wimpy to try something like that and I think it's a pretty mean way to get gold since you're going to eventually make Kabam stop trusting video logs. If Kabam doesn't trust video logs, then what would that mean for the "legit" partition of the playerbase who genuinely need support?

EDIT: I'm not also crediting Kabam for professionalism, but they may have a logging system for this. You never really know...
    Last edited by Stellar Spark; 02-19-2015 at 12:41 AM. Reason: other thing

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by IRL View Post
    Ok, so this might sound really dumb but here is a try.

Now when you buy something like the dungeon pack on the main home screen, and you receive the wrong items, you contact support. Now when you say you want a refund, they tell you to take a video of you taking the keys or whatever you bought like ambrosia, and you drop them in your vault and then you nexus, then you go back inside your vault. That's what they need. They need proof of you kind of "losing" or "giving back" the items. Now what if we can use a private server, spawn in the ambrosia/items we accidentally received, drop it in the private server vault, go in the nexus, go back inside the vault, and send that video to Kabam? If this goes through, then they will eventually "refund" your gold back the account that you said had a purchase error. Profit???

Now I don't know much about private servers, but it's an idea that might be just stupid or can be improved an eventually done by people. I'm just gonna tag some people that I think can contribute or say this is complete crap.
    @DuckDonald @krazyshank @BARm @easton816 @Kithio
    Well I never actually thought about that, like I have saw dye refunds, and other pack refunds actually go through and work.... I am sure Case's and Fab's Prod source would look plenty believable enough to pull it off.... But like Proph said, that's another thing, if kabam does quit taking video support claims, and someone has legitimate trouble, there is nothing they can do...

I am not exactly sure if this is a good or bad idea.. I guess someone will have to try and see :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    This wouldn't exactly land in the "Social" Engineering section...

However this is definitely possible if you make a good enough replica... The main reason I think this will be hard to pull off might be stuff like Players in nexus, Chat Bots (new mreyeball thingy) and Spam bots.

Then there's things like Locks, Guild, Rank, Name, Character (exp, fame, hp, mp, stats, skin, equipment) as all of these things are logged into the actual database and wouldn't be hard to check up on... as I expect a company like kabam to have some kind of visual aid for it... if they don't well then they're stupid...

Though as I said... It is definitely possible and can be done if you make a good enough replica of the server. But you need to pay attention to tiny details like that... Because I'm pretty sure they will... And they probably will even more so when they start doing more in-depth checks on people due to people attempting this or succeeding with this
    I is pansexual furry and proud

Server Information:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    yeah or it would be 1000x smarter to do it on the production servers using realm relay instead. But its a pretty scrub-like thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnoobROTMG View Post

FUCK YOU
    I QUIT
    NO MORE ORAPE
    FUCK YOU ALL
    Adios

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FainTMako For This Useful Post:

059 (02-19-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    This is a good idea as long as you have proof of purchase which would go through paypal so I guess you would have the client send your paypal email an email saying what they purchase like 5 ambrosias
    News Force Head Editor from 09/14/2018 - 03/02/2020
    Publicist from 11/23/2017 - 06/07/2019
    Global Moderator since 09/24/2017
    Minion+ from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Market Place Minion from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Minecraft Minion from 02/23/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion from 11/06/2016 - 09/24/2017

Middleman from 09/14/2016 - 09/24/2017
    News Force Editor from 08/23/2016 - 09/14/2018
    News Force (Section of the Week) from 03/21/2016 - 07/17/2017
    News Force (User News) from 10/18/2015 - 09/14/2018

Donator since 03/16/2015
    Realm of the Mad God Editor from 05/20/2014 - 07/08/2014
    Member since 12/23/2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by Color's Sheep View Post
    This is a good idea as long as you have proof of purchase which would go through paypal so I guess you would have the client send your paypal email an email saying what they purchase like 5 ambrosias
    Or actually purchase an initial package
    I is pansexual furry and proud

Server Information:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    They have a system to check what you bought and if you bought it.
    Cool idea though, maybe you should look for a different flaw in Kabam.
    I personally would not attempt to do something like that because I don't really play RotMG anymore.

Thanks
    Kabam has logs of gold spent and bought, if you didn't spend any gold or buy any in the first place, you aren't getting anything back - unsurprisingly.
    Makes sense considering money is one of the companies main aims, would be a shame for them to lose some of that to people working the system.

Didn't even read the thread, plausible idea. Probably will work, gl.
    Last edited by lolpot132; 02-19-2015 at 08:38 AM.

Also known as the dankest of the danks
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrj...0XnBW7FRVMLuCg

If I have ever referred you to MrEyeBall, please tell FaintMako so I can get my comission fees.

coming soon :^)

rage face
    trololol
    megusta
    confession bear

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get - Forest Gump

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    this could work if it had already happened with another player, the administrator must know that things have previously purchased the game, able to show you if you could have that money and show when it has bought, u can try, but i recommend try in other account and other ip