Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Simple C++ Variables

This simple program reads whatever number you type in and sends it back to you. Pretty simple, I made it from memory. Feel free to pick through it.

And a virus scan for everyone who thinks I packed this thing with a keylogger. https://www.virustotal.com/analisis/8...0a8-1257735199
    Last edited by theelement12; 11-08-2009 at 08:57 PM.

Tony's alt

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Prety nice dude is a prety smart program

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    u can extend this and for example
    Code:
    \\ do u want to try again.

int x ;
    switch(x)
    {
    case 1:
    main();
    break;
    case 2;
    break;
    }
    Last edited by Matrix_NEO006; 11-08-2009 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Yeh this is neat I guess, but why is the file size so large? since its such a small program. 465 Kb is actually quite large for it. :L

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I don't know why the file is so big. I think it is the compiler. I use Dev C++.

Tony's alt

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Alright, i'm a super noob, but I have no clue how you guys read the source code. Did you release it to a few people? And is this somehow a long intricate code? Because I was reading a C++ beginner primer and they did basically the same thing, but with only a few lines of coding. Can't think of it off top.

Personally I was just wanting to get a glance at the code because i'm wanting to learning C++ myself, and am only on the second chapter of C++ Primer 5th edition, and I'm wanting to work with what I know so far, but I just can't think of anything to try to make a program for. Like I want to hack, but there's no way in hell I could do that with what I know. And I don't want to progress further in the book until I understand the first couple of basic things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
    I am the tyranny of evil men, and you are all the weak. But i'm trying Ringo,i'm trying real hard, to become the shepherd.
    excuse me miss, would you kindly reflect some photons off the epidermis covering your sternum directly into the camera iris or vacate the proximity immediately
    [IMG]https://i882.photobucke*****m/albums/ac23/miki_d420/RealizingYoureALeecher2copy.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    Yeh this is neat I guess, but why is the file size so large? since its such a small program. 465 Kb is actually quite large for it. :L
    Because its actually a key logger =O
    There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." - Sima Yi

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovecookies View Post
    Alright, i'm a super noob, but I have no clue how you guys read the source code. Did you release it to a few people? And is this somehow a long intricate code? Because I was reading a C++ beginner primer and they did basically the same thing, but with only a few lines of coding. Can't think of it off top.

Personally I was just wanting to get a glance at the code because i'm wanting to learning C++ myself, and am only on the second chapter of C++ Primer 5th edition, and I'm wanting to work with what I know so far, but I just can't think of anything to try to make a program for. Like I want to hack, but there's no way in hell I could do that with what I know. And I don't want to progress further in the book until I understand the first couple of basic things.
    The source code is:

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
    {
    int thisisanumber;

cout<<"Insert a number here, then press enter: ";
    cin>> thisisanumber;
    cin.ignore();
    cout<<"The number you entered was: "<< thisisanumber <<"\n";
    cin.get();
    }

Very simple, code used for beginners like me.

ALSO: This is not a keylogger or a virus of any kind, so zhaoyun333, shut the fuck up, where is your proof it is a virus?

Tony's alt

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Uhmm screeny and virus scan? Anyway GJ i guess

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun333 View Post
    Because its actually a key logger =O
    I don't think so...

Anyway. ilovecookies, the basic stuff you need to know is farther on in that book. The more you learn the more you can do with it. I really didn't even try to make anything till I was about 5 chapters, partly because I've covered this kind of stuff before, but also because you need to know more about strings and other variables, loops etc. Before you can really even make some basic programs. The first chapter is just usually a quick start chapter that show you how to write Hello World the next chapters will explain more.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

11. The Following User Says Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

ilovecookies (11-08-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Ok, uploaded a virus scan since it's a "virus".

Tony's alt

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    I don't think so...

Anyway. ilovecookies, the basic stuff you need to know is farther on in that book. The more you learn the more you can do with it. I really didn't even try to make anything till I was about 5 chapters, partly because I've covered this kind of stuff before, but also because you need to know more about strings and other variables, loops etc. Before you can really even make some basic programs. The first chapter is just usually a quick start chapter that show you how to write Hello World the next chapters will explain more.

Thanks for the reply man, and yeah, i've been reading it but the projects listed seem pointless. I understand the basic structure and such, but as you said I need to learn more about strings, variables, I know a few loops, but no uses for them (Other than like calculators, but that is basic unless you try to make like graphing functions or whatever)

But I guess I could wait till later in the book, I just wanted to get some basic knowledge going so when it comes to the harder stuff I'm not looking at simple parts of the program like "wtf". Such as.

I understand everything in your program TheElement12, exce[t cin.ignore();, I understand cin.get(); instructs the program to wait on the enter key, but does cin.ignore(); do just the opposite? Does it ignore input from the enter key? If you enter a number without the cin.ignore(); command will the window just close?
    I am the tyranny of evil men, and you are all the weak. But i'm trying Ringo,i'm trying real hard, to become the shepherd.
    excuse me miss, would you kindly reflect some photons off the epidermis covering your sternum directly into the camera iris or vacate the proximity immediately
    [IMG]https://i882.photobucke*****m/albums/ac23/miki_d420/RealizingYoureALeecher2copy.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    ilovecookies, cin.ignore() keeps the window open AFTER I press enter, so if cin.ignore() wasn't there, after I pressed enter, the window would automatically close.

Tony's alt

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by theelement12 View Post
    ilovecookies, cin.ignore() keeps the window open AFTER I press enter, so if cin.ignore() wasn't there, after I pressed enter, the window would automatically close.
    Ooooh, ok ok so instead of needing enter to close the window, it needs cin.ignore(); to stop the enter key from closing the window after inputting the number. Alright thanks man!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    No problem. Have fun

Tony's alt

17. The Following User Says Thank You to theelement12 For This Useful Post:

ilovecookies (11-08-2009)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast