Thanks

Would like to learn c++

Hello, I am sanity an amateur coder. I just started c++ and it seems like I can become a great coder :P. So what i am here to ask is what is a good youtube video series/ the best way to learn to code c++. I am very interested in learning then spending endless hours developing a hack. Anyways im watching "coding newbie"'s c++ videos. So in summary, whats the best way to learn c++, and how to learn to code hacks afterwards?

Thanks
    Just practice you won't learn shits by reading everyday. Find projets to work on, fail, continue, fail, ... , be decent, .., be good

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gab For This Useful Post:

Hunter's Panda (03-30-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Hi Sanity, I can help you out

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jamieloveshacking For This Useful Post:

Hunter's Panda (03-30-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Pick up a book, understand the basics, come up with projects to try.
    Understand data types and classes. (Classes especially but understand the differences in data types and what all they can do, if you want to do any windows stuff you need to know LPCWSTR or how to use a string/wstring in a parameter that requires LPCWSTR)
    Make some dos programs, come up with some neat idea for a program, follow through.
    From there look for some beginner and easy to follow tutorials. Look for games with a forum that is active, where people consistently dump the offsets for game values and people have made tuts for hacking. (Combat arms, CS:GO, AVA, BF, CoD)

File manipulation
    store some random value in a map<string, vector<map<int, pair<string, int*>>> and figure out how to access it
    figure out how to solve this equation: 32 * 7 + 99 / 3 - 256 all on one line in the cmd prompt
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/signaturepics/sigpic210976_1.gif

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    Hello, I am sanity an amateur coder. I just started c++ and it seems like I can become a great coder :P. So what i am here to ask is what is a good youtube video series/ the best way to learn to code c++. I am very interested in learning then spending endless hours developing a hack. Anyways im watching "coding newbie"'s c++ videos. So in summary, whats the best way to learn c++, and how to learn to code hacks afterwards?
    Here is some tips for me to you https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=935685

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Synator View Post
    thanks!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InunoTaishou View Post
    Pick up a book, understand the basics, come up with projects to try.
    Understand data types and classes. (Classes especially but understand the differences in data types and what all they can do, if you want to do any windows stuff you need to know LPCWSTR or how to use a string/wstring in a parameter that requires LPCWSTR)
    Make some dos programs, come up with some neat idea for a program, follow through.
    From there look for some beginner and easy to follow tutorials. Look for games with a forum that is active, where people consistently dump the offsets for game values and people have made tuts for hacking. (Combat arms, CS:GO, AVA, BF, CoD)

File manipulation
    store some random value in a map<string, vector<map<int, pair<string, int*>>> and figure out how to access it
    figure out how to solve this equation: 32 * 7 + 99 / 3 - 256 all on one line in the cmd prompt
    #include <iostream>
    #include <string>

using namespace std;

int main()

int apple;

cout<< 32 * 7 + 99 / 3 - 256=apple<<"the answer is" apple endl;

return 0;

Havnt done this for a onth and didnt do it in xcode just typed here so probs wrong
    Last edited by Hunter's Panda; 03-31-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    ...so probs wrong
    I think InunoTaishou meant to say "figure out how to solve this [type of] equation:..."
    ie. the user will type it in, and your program will give the answer....not hardcoding in that 1 specific equation. I guess if that's the point you're at...but why are you here asking "how do i learn to hack" when you obviously don't remember basic language syntax? Read a fucking book like everyone else --> If you seriously need to be told this, you simply aren't the hacker type of person.. imo ofc. Dream big, but learn the damn basics.
    Last edited by abuckau907; 03-31-2015 at 06:21 PM.
    'Some things that can be counted, don't matter. And some things that matter, can't be counted' - A.E.
    --

My posts have some inaccuracies/are wrong/wrong keyword(s) used.
    They're (maybe) pretty close, and I hope they helped you, not created confusion. Take with grain of salt.

-if you give rep, please leave a comment, else it means less.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abuckau907 For This Useful Post:

InunoTaishou (03-31-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

thanks!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

#include <iostream>
    #include <string>

using namespace std;

int main()

int apple;

cout<< 32 * 7 + 99 / 3 - 256=apple<<"the answer is" apple endl;

return 0;

Havnt done this for a onth and didnt do it in xcode just typed here so probs wrong
    Ya it's pretty much completely wrong. Wrong in the sense of what I meant and wrong in the sense of actual code.
    Code:
    cout<< 32 * 7 + 99 / 3 - 256=apple<<"the answer is"  apple endl;
    This is just way wrong....
    You never used string so you don't need to include it, you didn't actually create a scope ({}), and if you're just trying to cout the value of an equation you don't need a variable, and C++ will do order of precedence but it would be in better practice, since it's a little bit longer equation, to actually do it yourself ((32 * 7) + (99 / 3)) - 256.

I did mean it as user input.

It's easy to just
    Code:
    cout << "First number "; cin >> firstNum
    cout << "Second number "; cin >> secondNum;
    cout << "Operator "; cin >> _operator;
    cout << doMath(firstNum, secondNum, _operator) << endl;
    Instead
    Code:
    cout << "Equation "; cin >> equation;
    cout << doMath(equation);
    - - - Updated - - -

And @Synator, that is probably the most worthless post I have seen in the past few weeks and even more useless in this topic....

1. Code Academy is mostly web development markups (HTML, JSS, PHP). It does not offer anything on C or C++, let alone any .net
    2. Python is a fantastic language for anything web based... I've even seen people compare Python to HTML5. Hell, youtube, google, instagram, reddit, spotify, and many other sites are written in Python
    3. Advanced tools can be written in any language you want. *As long as you can figure out how to do it.
    4. You didn't even talk about learning to become a "hacker". You give poor advice on learning to code....
    Last edited by InunoTaishou; 03-31-2015 at 09:15 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by InunoTaishou View Post
    Ya it's pretty much completely wrong. Wrong in the sense of what I meant and wrong in the sense of actual code.
    Code:
    cout<< 32 * 7 + 99 / 3 - 256=apple<<"the answer is"  apple endl;
    This is just way wrong....
    You never used string so you don't need to include it, you didn't actually create a scope ({}), and if you're just trying to cout the value of an equation you don't need a variable, and C++ will do order of precedence but it would be in better practice, since it's a little bit longer equation, to actually do it yourself ((32 * 7) + (99 / 3)) - 256.

I did mean it as user input.

It's easy to just
    Code:
    cout << "First number "; cin >> firstNum
    cout << "Second number "; cin >> secondNum;
    cout << "Operator "; cin >> _operator;
    cout << doMath(firstNum, secondNum, _operator) << endl;
    Instead
    Code:
    cout << "Equation "; cin >> equation;
    cout << doMath(equation);
    - - - Updated - - -

And @Synator, that is probably the most worthless post I have seen in the past few weeks and even more useless in this topic....

1. Code Academy is mostly web development markups (HTML, JSS, PHP). It does not offer anything on C or C++, let alone any .net
    2. Python is a fantastic language for anything web based... I've even seen people compare Python to HTML5. Hell, youtube, google, instagram, reddit, spotify, and many other sites are written in Python
    3. Advanced tools can be written in any language you want. *As long as you can figure out how to do it.
    4. You didn't even talk about learning to become a "hacker". You give poor advice on learning to code....
    haha, thanks man. Should I be watching CodingNewbie? I need some reccomendations. You seem like the best one here to ask is the book c++ from the ground up a good book, it seems very detailed and simple, it explains everything

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by abuckau907 View Post
    I think InunoTaishou meant to say "figure out how to solve this [type of] equation:..."
    ie. the user will type it in, and your program will give the answer....not hardcoding in that 1 specific equation. I guess if that's the point you're at...but why are you here asking "how do i learn to hack" when you obviously don't remember basic language syntax? Read a fucking book like everyone else --> If you seriously need to be told this, you simply aren't the hacker type of person.. imo ofc. Dream big, but learn the damn basics.
    "read a fucking book"...thanks so much, what book? an eBook or a regular book? link to where I can buy one? Did you learn from a book? which one on this thread do you recommend? https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=353714
    Last edited by Hunter's Panda; 03-31-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

haha, thanks man. Should I be watching CodingNewbie? I need some reccomendations. You seem like the best one here to ask is the book c++ from the ground up a good book, it seems very detailed and simple, it explains everything

- - - Updated - - -

"read a fucking book"...thanks so much, what book? an eBook or a regular book? link to where I can buy one? Did you learn from a book? which one on this thread do you recommend? https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=353714
    Google "The Definitive C++ Book Guide and List" and the very first link has the list of all the most recommended books by some very experienced C++ programmers.
    Buckys C++ programming tuts on YouTube are pretty good too.

Start reading, start watching, do the exercises, follow bucky and do what he's trying. Whenever you can't do something or want to try something new to add to your program google is your friend. MSDN has a massive list of all the functions you could need and google has a plethora of questions that have already been asked and answered.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Defently download source codes and research what each function does and manipulate it.
    msdn is very helpfull!