Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz's Anti-Semitic Camel View Post

Exactly..
    You need to pretend to be a staff member to "moderate" something ..

There is really no need to make an "official looking" group to "moderate" rule breaking posts/threads ..
    And I get the feeling that you'll use it to your advantage by claiming you're a special user or something

I don't think this is allowed then ..

@arunforce
    Read the PMs Doc posted ; If I would take advantage of it then I'd get banned but I'm not and that was not the purpose of this anyway
    If you feel this group is not needed then alright your entitled to your opinion but stop trying to put us in the rule breaking bin because you dont like what's going on ; I don't like that everyone is coming here and talking shit but I'm still dealing with it even thought that IS against the rules, because it's excessive

Quote Originally Posted by _Tavi View Post
    No Cs Allowed. That Just Hurts
    That rule is being taken down , @dach just needs to edit it
    Last edited by XYrenamed; 04-06-2015 at 12:19 PM.
    FanticSteal is a better CrossFire player than me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to XYrenamed For This Useful Post:

BioHazard (04-06-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

the core idea of the group is lulzy. you're trying to give yourselves some false sense of valor by doing what any decent user does.

Quote Originally Posted by dach
    If you are kind, informative, and just want to help out on the forums, well a way to give back is to join The Defense force. We are not staff, but we like to help the staff as much as possible by informing members of rules, places to post, and just everything.

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/rules.php

"Certain rules may not be enforced unless reported. If you feel a poster has broken a rule, report it... however enforcement is subject to the moderator and may be shortened or lengthened depending on the severity of the rule breaking."

• No requesting close/ban/delete/approve/move. No requesting period. (Infraction)

So how can this group help staff and not be backseat moderators? I can't think of any possible reason without it being an official position (aka staff).

Fact of the matter is look at how many staff/former staff have suggested 'just use the report button'. The general consensus is that is a terrible idea. Don't be so butthurt because people didn't like your idea.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Saboteur View Post
    Don't be so butthurt because people didn't like your idea.
    We are not being, and whether you/others like the idea or not, until we are told otherwise by arun or dave or another high up staff member that we are infringing on any of MPGH's rules/regulations we will continue with the idea. whether you and others like it or not.

[IMG]https://i1316.photobucke*****m/albums/t602/xUndeadCamperx/BioHazardSiggy_zps313cd15a.png[/IMG]
    Formerly known as - GangsterDemon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BioHazard For This Useful Post:

XYrenamed (04-06-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by GangsterDemon View Post

We are not being, and whether you/others like the idea or not, until we are told otherwise by arun or dave or another high up staff member that we are infringing on any of MPGH's rules/regulations we will continue with the idea. whether you and others like it or not.

I may mimic what several people have already said but it doesn't seem to be piercing your skull.

Whether or not you want to 'continue with the idea'... the essence, the core of the idea is what's considered a 'good user'. A 'good user' is someone who is helpful, kind, and uses the report button when needed. Not spamming. Telling users to post in a different section and telling users the rules is redundant when there's a button that lets 4 gms and 3 admins view what you reported.. and considering that "Only mild flaming/trolling permitted" and "Certain rules may not be enforced unless reported" seriously hinders any possible usefulness the group has within general (which is the section we're in). There is nothing wrong with making this group and wanting to be good users, but making this group with the intention of 'hiring' people is flawed. Everybody should read the forum/section rules by default and ignorance of any and all rules does not let people off the hook. So tell me, why is the report button no good after 10 years? Do you want to be the morality police?
    Last edited by Austin; 04-06-2015 at 02:16 PM.

VIP Support // May 2011
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

I may mimic what several people have already said but it doesn't seem to be piercing your skull.

Whether or not you want to 'continue with the idea'... the essence, the core of the idea is what's considered a 'good user'. A 'good user' is someone who is helpful, kind, and uses the report button when needed. Not spamming. Telling users to post in a different section and telling users the rules is redundant when there's a button that lets 4 gms and 3 admins view what you reported.. and considering that "Only mild flaming/trolling permitted" and "Certain rules may not be enforced unless reported" seriously hinders any possible usefulness the group has within general (which is the section we're in). There is nothing wrong with making this group and wanting to be good users, but making this group with the intention of 'hiring' people is flawed. Everybody should read the forum/section rules by default and ignorance of any and all rules does not let people off the hook. So tell me, why is the report button no good after 10 years? Why do you want to be the morality police?
    If a thread needs to be closed or a post needs to be deleted I PM it to a staff member which is the same as using a report feature in essence ; If information is missing from a post when it is required then I'll personally post on that thread ; The part of "hiring" users is not what this is about , I want this group to be semi-exclusive so that no1 can just join , if I let anyone join then it wouldn't be so validated as a supporting group ; We aren't police we are just the neighborhood watch sorta-speak ; I understand where you guys are coming from and it makes sense sometimes but i keep trying to tell you that the agenda is not what you think it is , if you could just give it a chance and see what comes out of it that's all im asking for really

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XY View Post
    I PM it to a staff member
    Doing that highly irritates the staff member.
    We really prefer you guys to use the Report button ONLY.

The part of "hiring" users is not what this is about , I want this group to be semi-exclusive so that no1 can just join , if I let anyone join then it wouldn't be so validated as a supporting group
    Then what gives you the right to refuse any member who's willing to help?
    Who gives you control on who can "moderate" the threads and posts?

I stand corrected, you really are using this group to your advantage
    Pretending to be an "Official-looking Group Manager that moderates threads and posts by spamming the inbox of other staff members and also the one who get to choose who gets to join the group"

A user may ask you while trading
    "What do you do on MPGH"

I bet your answer would be
    "I am a leader of the "Denefe Fo" who moderates threads and posts"

My Skype: -
    (Always ask for confirmation before and after adding me on Skype)

History
    Editor 16th April 2013 ~ 27th June 2013
    Middleman 14th July 2013 ~ 4th August 2015
    Donator 30th August 2013 ~ Current
    Minion 8th October 2013 ~ 1st January 2014
    Moderator 1st January 2014 ~ 4th August 2015

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Symmetrical For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (04-18-2015),Color (04-06-2015),Hunter (04-06-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    If a thread needs to be closed or a post needs to be deleted I PM it to a staff member which is the same as using a report feature
    Nobody said pming or even vming a staff member about a rule violation isn't allowed.

If information is missing from a post when it is required then I'll personally post on that thread
    ambiguous? users already do that without the group.

The part of "hiring" users is not what this is about , I want this group to be semi-exclusive so that no1 can just join , if I let anyone join then it wouldn't be so validated as a supporting group
    DEFENE FO isn't going to be validated as a 'support group'. It's a moderated user group with no staff affiliation at conception. Everything you guys do, you do on your own accord. Upholding the rules as a user warrants absolutely zero reward apart from having clean threads/sections to post in.

We aren't police we are just the neighborhood watch sorta-speak
    so an exclusive group filled with people that conspire to look at threads/posts for wrong-doings.. so 'neighborhood watch' should mean 'pseudo-enforcement squad'.

keep trying to tell you that the agenda is not what you think it is
    the agenda is clear. you guys want to push what you consider good behavior to be.

if you could just give it a chance and see what comes out of it
    we don't need to give it anything. it isn't an official usergroup, it holds absolutely no meaning apart from the idea. if you guys don't want to be pseudo-staff then why defend the defene fo so mindlessly? it says right in the OP "but we like to help the staff as much as possible" so why do you guys need to be an exclusive group to do that? that question has been asked before but hasn't been answered.
    Last edited by Austin; 04-06-2015 at 03:04 PM.

VIP Support // May 2011
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz's Anti-Semitic Camel View Post

Doing that highly irritates the staff member.
    We really prefer you guys to use the Report button ONLY.

Then what gives you the right to refuse any member who's willing to help?
    Who gives you control on who can "moderate" the threads and posts?

I stand corrected, you really are using this group to your advantage
    Pretending to be an "Official-looking Group Manager that moderates threads and posts by spamming the inbox of other staff members and also the one who get to choose who gets to join the group"

A user may ask you while trading
    "What do you do on MPGH"

I bet your answer would be
    "I am a leader of the "Denefe Fo" who moderates threads and posts"
    I wouldn't refuse any member who would help , but as I say over and over having certain requirements makes it more validated ; If I thought I would gain a advantage I wouldn't have let Dach post this thread bc I knew we were going to get flak from a lot of people ; If someone were to ask me what I do on MPGH I would say "Not really anything lol , I just buy sell and that sorta thing " ; I already gave up my rights to all sort of reputation on my account so you can say whatever you want but I already proved myself , If you think I'm spamming inbox then I won't inbox you for anything and another thing If a staff member feels irritated they can PM me and I won't inbox them either , no one has done this so far and that includes you

we don't need to give it anything. it isn't an official usergroup, it holds absolutely no meaning apart from the idea. if you guys don't want to be pseudo-staff then why defend the defene fo so mindlessly? it says right in the OP "but we like to help the staff as much as possible" so why do you guys need to be an exclusive group to do that? that question has been asked before but hasn't been answered
    Your right you don't , and again as I keep on saying , It needs to be a bit exclusive or else it won't hold it's validity

This is getting ridicoulous , and if anyone wants to talk about the original post they can pm me or leave a comment on my page also , @arunforce ; @Boombox please close this, too much flaming
    Last edited by XYrenamed; 04-06-2015 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    please close this, too much flaming

• - No requesting close/ban/delete/approve/move. No requesting period. (Infraction)

gg no re?
    Last edited by Austin; 04-06-2015 at 03:24 PM.

VIP Support // May 2011
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

• - No requesting close/ban/delete/approve/move. No requesting period. (Infraction)

gg no re?
    The fact that he thinks there's flame on this thread made me wonder if he really knows what flame means.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (04-18-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Alright, Thanks to the lovely community of MPGH and there feedback, we have decided that the group applications will be cancelled for a very long time, due to the high amount of feedback on this thread. I appreciate all the negative feedback and positive feedback. It showed us what MPGH users like and what they don't. If this thread annoyed you that much, we are truly sorry and hope you can forgive us. If a staff member could close this thread that would be great.

Thanks!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    So are you dead or alive?
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dach View Post
    Alright, Thanks to the lovely community of MPGH and there feedback, we have decided that the group applications will be cancelled for a very long time, due to the high amount of feedback on this thread. I appreciate all the negative feedback and positive feedback. It showed us what MPGH users like and what they don't. If this thread annoyed you that much, we are truly sorry and hope you can forgive us. If a staff member could close this thread that would be great.

Thanks!!
    Thanks for being a good sport.
    [] [] [] [][]

Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014
    Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion from 10•10•2011 • 01•06•2011
    Minion+ from 01•06•2012 • 08•08•2012
    Moderator from 08•08•2012 • 10•06•2012
    Global Moderator from 10•06•2012 • 12•05•2017
    Staff Administrator from 12•05•2017 • 05•01•2019
    Trusted Member since 07•13•2019
    Global Moderator since 09•11•2020