Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

True Atomic Energy.

Hello im sure some of you know me from the religion posts.
    I call a truths. That includes you Paroxysm. I want to debate an interesting thing here.

OK im sure you have all heard of E = mc2

What that means if you don't know is that energy and mass are in fact the same thing. They are the same thing in different forms.

Now this is a very useless sounding piece of info.

This is however something that science will figure out how to use.

Not in bombs but in energy.

It would be endless.

and would allow for us to do things we only could imagine.

sounds pretty good right?

well im sure you have heard of the atomic bomb

that is the same principle

when an atom is split it releases energy.

The trick is to harness it without blowing up.

This might sound like a fairy tale or a flat out lie but it isn't.

Ethanol, Wind, Solar, Fossil Fuels all have huge drawbacks.

I think that there is a real factual possibility that we do this.

The atom probably best suited for this would be hydrogen due to it being very accessible(aka water).

I want you to debate if this is possible in the near future or if this would be way out of our current science or if it can ever be?[/CENTER][/LEFT][/CENTER]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Here let me help you out...
    Let me google that for you

I have a question for you, how old are you fatcat?
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post

Here let me help you out...
    Let me google that for you

I have a question for you, how old are you fatcat?
    d0nt picz on d4h k1ddes, deyz wantz 2 no fisic5 2.

Nuclear reactors exist. They expose the Plutonium rods in cold water, they heat the water, energy.

E=MC^2 means Energy = Mass * the constant speed of light in a vaccum squared.

That would give the rating in joules I believe. Maybe newtons, I dunno. But it's a massive number regardless. We CANNOT harness this much energy with the technology we have. We aren't even close. We on earth are considered a Class 0 Civilization. If the Earth was in peril TOMARROW, we could do absolutely nothing about it. Peril = Giant asteroid, shortage of something important, something like that. WHY? Because we can't stop fucking fighting. I'm not a hippy but you can't shit done if budgets have to get split between missiles and test tubes.
    Last edited by ilovecookies; 11-21-2009 at 08:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
    I am the tyranny of evil men, and you are all the weak. But i'm trying Ringo,i'm trying real hard, to become the shepherd.
    excuse me miss, would you kindly reflect some photons off the epidermis covering your sternum directly into the camera iris or vacate the proximity immediately
    [IMG]https://i882.photobucke*****m/albums/ac23/miki_d420/RealizingYoureALeecher2copy.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovecookies View Post

Nuclear reactors exist. They expose the Plutonium rods in cold water, they heat the water, energy.

That would give the rating in joules I believe. Maybe newtons, I dunno. But it's a massive number regardless. We CANNOT harness this much energy with the technology we have. We aren't even close. We on earth are considered a Class 0 Civilization. If the Earth was in peril TOMARROW, we could do absolutely nothing about it. Peril = Giant asteroid, shortage of something important, something like that. WHY? Because we can't stop fucking fighting. I'm not a hippy but you can't shit done if budgets have to get split between missiles and test tubes.
    Test tubes are pretty fucking expensive though, so are some high-grade measuring apparatus. But science isn't cheap.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Test tubes are pretty fucking expensive though, so are some high-grade measuring apparatus. But science isn't cheap.
    That's what i'm saying. If Earth ever hopes to attain type 1 civilization status we're gotta stop splitting our budgets between the two. When they were gonna build that Superconducting super colider in Texas, in the end money was the main issue so it never got off of the ground. That was in the early 90's I believe, and they are like just recently finishing the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) Should the first attempt have worked, we could possibly that much closer to the Graviton (supposed particle which influences gravity.) But the budget ruined it.
    I am the tyranny of evil men, and you are all the weak. But i'm trying Ringo,i'm trying real hard, to become the shepherd.
    excuse me miss, would you kindly reflect some photons off the epidermis covering your sternum directly into the camera iris or vacate the proximity immediately
    [IMG]https://i882.photobucke*****m/albums/ac23/miki_d420/RealizingYoureALeecher2copy.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    That's what i'm saying. If Earth ever hopes to attain type 1 civilization status we're gotta stop splitting our budgets between the two. When they were gonna build that Superconducting super colider in Texas, in the end money was the main issue so it never got off of the ground. That was in the early 90's I believe, and they are like just recently finishing the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) Should the first attempt have worked, we could possibly that much closer to the Graviton (supposed particle which influences gravity.) But the budget ruined it.
    Yay let's turn this Energy topic into a Quantum Field Theory discussion. I wanna see if my college offers QM classes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Yay let's turn this Energy topic into a Quantum Field Theory discussion. I wanna see if my college offers QM classes.
    Dude I totally dig quantum mechanics, theoretical physics, but fucking just regular physics killlllls it. I can list a lot of the fundamental particles, but I can't tell you the trajectory of a rocket launched at 45 degrees from 15 feet up. And i'm pretty sure to take the further fields of physics you have to have basic physics.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Dude I totally dig quantum mechanics, theoretical physics, but fucking just regular physics killlllls it. I can list a lot of the fundamental particles, but I can't tell you the trajectory of a rocket launched at 45 degrees from 15 feet up. And i'm pretty sure to take the further fields of physics you have to have basic physics.
    LOL Yeah. A fundamental understanding of physics would help...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Now isn't nuclear fusion a lot more powerful then nuclear fission. That's what hydrogen bombs, do, they combine smaller atoms into bigger atoms, rather then split atoms. And the sun does that too, much better.

I don't know what were talking about anymore, I just said that lol.
    "I'd show you the marks, but I don't wanna pull my pants down right now...." Tallahassee Pain.

List of accomplishments:
    Survive Y2K
    Survive 6/06/06
    Survive May 21st
    Survive 2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    ...................... you obviously didn't understand.

after reading my post i honestly felt like an idiot

i left some very important things out and used language that was meant to

be friendly and inviting

I guess i will have to explain better

i thought i wouldnt have to go into this much detail but..................

How Nuclear Reactors Work

When an atom undergoes fission it splits into smaller atoms, other particles and releases energy. Read about the physics of fission. It turns out that it is possible to harness the energy of this process on a large enough scale for it to be a viable way of producing energy. Read about how power plants work.

The fundamental point about nuclear energy is that the energy content of 1 gram of Uranium is equivalent to approximately 3 tonnes of coal. This means that we need to consume about 3 million times less material with Nuclear Power compared to using Coal or any other Fossil Fuel. This substantially reduces the volumes of fuel and waste of nuclear power compared to Fossil Fuels.

The Different Types of Nuclear Reactors

There are are a number of different types of Nuclear Reactors currently in operation throughout the world. Some of the most common types are described here.

Pressurized Water Reactors

Pressurized Water Reactors (PWR's) are by far the most common type of Nuclear Reactor deployed to date. Ordinary water is used as both neutron moderators and coolant. In a PWR the water used as moderator and primary coolant is separate to the water used to generate steam and to drive a turbine. In order to efficiently convert the heat produced by the Nuclear Reaction into electricity, the water that moderates the neutron and cools the fuel elements is contained at pressures 150 times greater than atmospheric pressure.

Pressurized Water Reactors.

Boiling Water Reactors

In a Boiling Water Reactor (BWR), ordinary light water is used as both a moderator and coolant, like the PWR. However unlike the PWR, in a Boiling Water Reactor there is no separate secondary steam cycle. The water from the reactor is converted into steam and used to directly drive the generator turbine. These are the second most commonly used types of reactors. Find out more about Boiling Water Reactors at the following link.

Boiling Water Reactors.

High Temperature Gas Cooled Reactors.

High Temperature gas cooled reactors operate at significantly higher temperatures than PWRs and use a gas as the primary coolant. The nuclear reaction is mostly moderated by carbon. These reactors can achieve significantly higher efficiencies than PWRs but the power output per reactor is limited by the less efficient cooling power of the gas. You can find out more about these types of reactors at the following link.

High Temperature, Gas Cooled pebble reactors

Heavy Water Reactors

Heavy Water reactors are similar to PWRs but use water enriched with the deuterium isotope of Hydrogen as the moderator and coolant. This type of water is called "heavy water" and makes up about 0.022 parts per million of water found on Earth. The advantage of using Heavy water as the moderator is that natural, unenriched Uranium can be used to drive the nuclear reactor.

thats what you thought i meant right

ENERGY IS MASS IN A DIFFERENT FORM

MASS IS ENERGY IN A DIFFERENT FORM

FOR YOU SLOW PEOPLE OUT THERE IM GONNA TYPE REAL BIG AND REAL SLOW

THIS IS NOT WHAT I MEANT

do i have to repeat

THIS IS NOT WHAT I MEANT

THE TECHNOLOGY FOR THIS DOES NOT EXIST

ATOMS=MATTER

MATTER=ENERGY

NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS HEAT UP SOME FUCKING WATER

NO SHIT?

YOU DONT THINK I DIDNT KNOW THAT

SPLITTING THE ATOMS WAS AN EXAMPLE OF THE ENERGY THAT IT POSSESSES

IF WE COULD FIND A WAY TO CONVERT MASS(WHICH IS ENERGY IN A DIFFERENT FORM) TO ENERGY

THEN GUESS WHAT HAPPENS

NO, ITS NOT NUCLEAR FISSION

NO, IT DOESNT HEAT WATER

IT CREATES ENERGY THAT IS PURE

ENERGY THAT IS YET TO BE HARNESSED

So basically guess what?

According to the law of conservation of mass and the law of conservation of energy(a good example of this is when you guys go give head to each other the energy no go bye bye from the up down motion of your head)

IT NEVER ENDS

IT IS ENDLESS

Summary:

If you are still unclear here is what i mean

Yes, i realize it is indeed possible to convert mass to energy via nuclear power plants.

It is not possible to change mass to energy completely yet.

here is an example

E=mc squared

or here is a good one

i convert 1 pound of dog shit to energy

or i convert one pound of gold into energy

i get the same thing

go figure

so that means that there is indeed still hope for stupid people

instead of making fun of them in the future we will convert them to energy

that we can all use

so you guys in the future will be saying something like this

"Where's pa at?

"They dun trew him into tat there thingy"

"why?"

"I dont knows"

"I tink tey sed sumtin bout him powering new york"

"well he better cum bak soon"

Someone not mentally retarded approaches

"what are you guys saying?"

"we tryin to find pa"

"well pa was probably stupid and he is now energy"

"aw shoot"

"he was supposed to go huntin for rats wit me" such a sad story

THE END

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover

Quote from MY bible: "War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."

GET IT? HAHAHA!

Now I'm lost with all this fun stuff. Don't me think so hard this late ( I know, it's only 10 for me but I lose all concentration after like 5). Alcohol hurts!
    "I'd show you the marks, but I don't wanna pull my pants down right now...." Tallahassee Pain.

List of accomplishments:
    Survive Y2K
    Survive 6/06/06
    Survive May 21st
    Survive 2012