Thread: Server Rewrite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Post Server Rewrite

For the past two months, Yorumi has been furiously rewriting the server from scratch. there is a good reason... and I am not sure if this is public knowledge, but since I cannot keep a secret to save my life-- we ran out of lines of code. WHAT!? Yeah. We have been stuck for the past year and a half because we hit the maximum number of lines that will compile in Java. For all of the most recent features we had to gut out semi-unusued parts of the game, or chop it up into smaller bits. As you can imagine, this has been the biggest point of struggle fighting the bots. If you are a code savvy person, then you probably know all the tricks we already did before finally hitting the brick wall of "well, if we want to add anything, we need to remake this whole thing a lot more efficient." ...and efficient it is! Written in C#, the new server is crazy fast. Yorumi added in the ability to have elemental damage, improved monster AI, and a lot of other great features-- including a lot of new server defense mechanisms. We will begin testing the new server this Summer as it gets closer to completion. If you ask the AQWorlds team about it, they will probably focus on guilds, guildwars, and a lot of the features on the web/flash side. But I am most excited about getting the AQWorlds mobile app project started which also requires this server to be finished. Like the 3D project, you should be able to login and play your AQWorlds account from any device in the world.
    So, our boys at AE are still trying to fight the "bot revolution". I was thinking, what do you think they will do to stop this? What detection could they use? The only thing that is going through my mind is a captcha verification that will occur if you spend to much time in one place (which won't work for all bots).
    "The people never have the power. Only the illusion of it.”
    “You have no family now, no friends, no future. Your losses are far greater than ours.”

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Lol nice nice.

Thanks
    Lol why tf are you giving them ideas

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    They already mentioned they have a patch for "Cell hopping", which will pretty much butt-fuck all bots since
    all of them use cell hopping to change rooms for faster farming. You'll need an auto clicker inside the
    newer gen bots. Someone will figure something out eventually.

Thanks
    There's no point in speculation - if they do something, we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasiek View Post
    They already mentioned they have a patch for "Cell hopping", which will pretty much butt-fuck all bots since
    all of them use cell hopping to change rooms for faster farming. You'll need an auto clicker inside the
    newer gen bots. Someone will figure something out eventually.
    They may as well not waste their time preventing cell hops. It's easy to set commands to move the character naturally around the screen, the only disadvantage is that botting would be slightly slower. No need for external software though. And someone would have to decide the character movement coords, but it wouldn't be too hard. Actually, this would give the advantage of making botters less obvious as they would look exactly like normal players.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliboli8769 View Post
    There's no point in speculation - if they do something, we'll just have to wait and see.

They may as well not waste their time preventing cell hops. It's easy to set commands to move the character naturally around the screen, the only disadvantage is that botting would be slightly slower. No need for external software though. And someone would have to decide the character movement coords, but it wouldn't be too hard. Actually, this would give the advantage of making botters less obvious as they would look exactly like normal players.
    That's kinda what I wanted to imply. Thanks for clearing that out. And yeah, it would be slower too, but it wouldn't be obvious either unless the guy
    is moving the same exact spots for hours.. lmao.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasiek View Post
    That's kinda what I wanted to imply. Thanks for clearing that out. And yeah, it would be slower too, but it wouldn't be obvious either unless the guy
    is moving the same exact spots for hours.. lmao.
    Yeah, sorry if I was too far to the point, I have a strong stance on this kind of thing and sometimes I go OTT
    Ahaha yes that is true. I suppose another option would be to have a slight randomly generated offset on the movement, could easily be done if thought worthwhile.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Sigh, I used to have hopes in this forum seeing knowledgeable people but Captchas is the best you came up with. Just sigh.
    Want an Adventure Quest, DragonFable, or Mechquest trainer. If you answered yes to any of these then click here.

PkDude's Legacy V1.2

If you need help with AQW Private server creation then click Here.

If I have helped please press thanks. It doesn't take much effort and it means a lot to me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chibizs View Post
    Sigh, I used to have hopes in this forum seeing knowledgeable people but Captchas is the best you came up with. Just sigh.
    I frequently feel the same way, but you have to admire everyone's efforts, it's only in this way that people will learn
    Unless they're being egotistical, then I flame the shit out of them and infractions galore for me

Edit - I know this because I was once a clueless scrub on this section, and it's only thanks to time and experience (and some effort), that I've been able to reach a stage where I can (occasionally) give good advice.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I frequently feel the same way, but you have to admire everyone's efforts, it's only in this way that people will learn
    Unless they're being egotistical, then I flame the shit out of them and infractions galore for me

Edit - I know this because I was once a clueless scrub on this section, and it's only thanks to time and experience (and some effort), that I've been able to reach a stage where I can (occasionally) give good advice.
    "Occasionally"
    Want an Adventure Quest, DragonFable, or Mechquest trainer. If you answered yes to any of these then click here.

PkDude's Legacy V1.2

If I have helped please press thanks. It doesn't take much effort and it means a lot to me.

Thanks
    "Occasionally"
    My point exactly

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    My point exactly
    I could list a bunch of things but I dont want to give them any Ideas

PkDude's Legacy V1.2

13. The Following User Says Thank You to chibizs For This Useful Post:

Oliboli8769 (05-04-2015)

Threadstarter
    What is Principle anyway?
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    I don't really see the fact that a guy giving an idea, in my case went through my mind at that specific time, doesn't have knowledge at all.
    (not trying to start a strife/dispute/arguing here )
    "The people never have the power. Only the illusion of it.”
    “You have no family now, no friends, no future. Your losses are far greater than ours.”

Thanks
    #GoodGuyOli

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adimarky View Post
    #GoodGuyOli
    Aha thanks man. That's going in my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by Megenhos View Post

I don't really see the fact that a guy giving an idea, in my case went through my mind at that specific time, doesn't have knowledge at all.
    (not trying to start a strife/dispute/arguing here )
    Dw I got yo' back From what I remember you're still more knowledgeable than most members on here so it's chill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast