Thanks

Question Help with modifying a trainer (someone else made) for personal use.

I would like to change a trainer (I was going to post a link, but I learned I'm not allowed) so it will be able to use a differently named boII zombie executable. (I'm not distributing this, it's for personal use)

I used jetbrains and .net reflector, and I looked through the entire trainer for a way to change the exe it has attaching itself to. (my knowledge with trainer editing/ dll editing is limited, I'm new to the concept) I'm probably going about it wrong but I'm stating that so you know I attempted it and I'm not just getting other people to do the work for me. I'm here to learn.

Anyway, is it possible to change the executable the trainer uses? if so, how would I go about it? (I'm trying to change it from t6zm.exe to t6zmv41.exe, just in case anyone is wondering) Yes, I tried to change the t6zmv41.exe to t6zm.exe but the way the redacted version is built, it just breaks the game and I can't launch it. i have a fair understanding with coding already, but when it comes to hex and stuff like that, I have no clue.
    any help would be great, feel free to ask questions if I missed something.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    99.99% chance the trainer wont work on redacted its built for t6zm.exe and will have different addresses

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lordxchris View Post
    99.99% chance the trainer wont work on redacted its built for t6zm.exe and will have different addresses
    the trainer works 100% on Version 3 of the redacted offline patch (the version that only supports up to the 3rd dlc pack) I switched to the new redacted version made last christmas which is the only one that supports Origins map, but unfortunately, the executable is named t6zmv41.exe which isn't the right executable for the trainer. there's gotta be a way to change the executable that the trainer attaches to.

edit: all I'm asking, is there a way to change the used executable?
    Last edited by Brandeeno; 05-15-2015 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandeeno View Post
    the trainer works 100% on Version 3 of the redacted offline patch (the version that only supports up to the 3rd dlc pack) I switched to the new redacted version made last christmas which is the only one that supports Origins map, but unfortunately, the executable is named t6zmv41.exe which isn't the right executable for the trainer. there's gotta be a way to change the executable that the trainer attaches to.

Try finding the memory module in .net reflector or some other tool and change the t6zm line to the new one and whats the name of the trainer?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lordxchris View Post
    Try finding the memory module in .net reflector or some other tool and change the t6zm line to the new one and whats the name of the trainer?
    ok, will do. it's named: Black Ops II Zombies Hack v1.4(All Versions) by: dtx12

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandeeno View Post

Depends, if I would have the trainer I could try. But as it's coded into the game you would have to change it within the .exe (can be tricky due to the name length)|Re-build it with the changes (think this can be done in IDA and OllyDB, it's the way people make patches for stuff)
    From what

Contributor 01.27.2012 - N/A
    Donator 07-17-2012 - Current
    Editor/Manager 12-16-12 - N/A
    Minion 01-10-2013 - 07.17.13
    Former Staff 09-20-2012 - 01-10-2013 / 07-17-2013 - Current
    Cocksucker 20-04-2013 - N/A

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorndel View Post

Depends, if I would have the trainer I could try. But as it's coded into the game you would have to change it within the .exe (can be tricky due to the name length)|Re-build it with the changes (think this can be done in IDA and OllyDB, it's the way people make patches for stuff)
    From what
    yea I just looked at the trainer with "ollydbg" and It's completely new to me. the only thing that I could do is click "attach" and select the t6zmv41.exe but I have a feeling that won't work.