Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Need help making a hintSilent toggleable

Working on one of my first Arma/DayZ scripts meant specifically for hacking, and I'm having some problems.

My goal is to make a debug menu only for Standalone, which, to my knowledge, should be unbannable (for now).

I have all the functions required, and I'm essentially done, it's just that I'm not sure how to make the menu itself toggleable.

hint "Debug menu executed"
    hintSilent "Press M to show debug montior"

I'd like to put these hints in after executing the monitor code, just to confirm that everything is working.

I realized that without a toggle the hintSilent at the bottom would interfere with the debug monitor in place, either overlapping it or replacing it.

So, in a nutshell, I'd like to know how to toggle a hintSilent command using Arma scripting.

My monitor is going to be fairly basic for now, adding more stuff in later and potentially hacks

Right now I have an FPS counter, blood counter, health counter, and a database coordinates locator using getPosASL Player

If there's another way it could be done in the sense of hinting in game that the code was executed without causing any other problems such as overlapping or replacing each other, let me know.

I'm also open to criticism and other constructive advice.
    Thanks guys!

Thanks
    It's been awhile since somebody asked a question other than "How do I use this?" or "Where to find injector?", good to see somebody is actually putting effort.

I'm afraid that hint and hintsilent will always overlap. As far as I'm aware the game is not supposed to have multiple hints at the same time on screen.

Why not put delay between messages?

Code:
    hint "Debug menu executed";
    sleep 1;
    hintSilent "Press M to show debug montior";
    Or if you want both messages displayed on screen at the same time you could use hint for one and systemchat for another:

Code:
    hint "Debug menu executed";
    systemchat "Press M to show debug montior";
    Or you could just put both messages in one sentence:

Code:
    hint "Debug menu executed. Press M to show debug montior";
    Last edited by d1spenser; 05-24-2015 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Ah, I completely see what you mean.

I might have been unclear in what I asked though. My problem is that the debug menu pops up instantly and renders my hint unable to pop up due to the debug menu replacing it. Would there be some way I can adapt the sleep command to work with that?

I also have another similar problem, but this one is with the leaked copy of Standalone c. August 2013 (version 0.14, I believe)

I'm using that version to test hacking fundamentals and other basic scripts that haven't been removed in the newer versions, but the hint with the "Visibility: Surface Noise: ) etc won't go away. I've looked up Arma tutorials on how to terminate SQF files, as I'm positive the code for that hint is somewhere in an SQF file hidden away in the PBOs, however I'm unable to find it, and there's not much information out about such an early build of the Standalone.

I have gotten Raiin menu and Lystical Lite to work with the early build though, so that's a plus, however those menus use hints and whenever it tries to hint something the other hint just pops right back up.

EDIT: Just reread what you said and I was actually originally asking how I could make this menu so it can turn on and off with a press of a button, such as pressing N or a similar key to display the menu and N again to hide the menu.

Sorry for being unclear, my apologies.
    Last edited by tweedash; 05-25-2015 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks
    If understand it correctly, you use hintsilent in an infinte while loop to display debug monitor and want hint messages to pop up during some events. In this case I'd recommend this (it's a rough sketch, might contain some syntax errors):

Initialize debug monitor loop:
    Code:
    debug_loop = 1; // this variable controls appearance of debug monitor (on/off). It must be global!
    debug_loop_function = {
        while {debug_loop == 1} do {
        if (debug_loop == 0) exitwith {/*May be left empty*/}; // check if command to terminate debug monitor was executed, if not continue
        /*your debug monitor code */
        sleep 1; // make sure to always halt loops for some time.
        };
    };
    call debug_loop_function;
    When you need a hint message to pop up, disable debug monitor loop:
    Code:
    debug_loop = 0;
    sleep 5; // wait till debug disappears
    /*your hint code */
    sleep 5; // wait till hint disappears
    debug_loop = 1; // turning debug on
    call debug_loop_function; // calling function with debug loop
    The only problem would be that you can't immediately get rid of debug monitor because hint and hintsilent take some time to disappear, so you'll have to delay your messages.

As for the last question, I think the code for it should be in the very bottom of Raiin menu. If I remember it right, he creates a loop and checks if button was pressed, if condition is true then function is executed. To hide menu pressing Esc is enough.

Also, keep in mind that a lot of things have been fixed since initial alpha release, so plenty of useful script functions do not work. Some may even report you for a later manual ban. But what you have so far should be ok. Use your leaked build only for basic things and examination of general structure of the game.
    Last edited by d1spenser; 05-25-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Thanks
    So you just want to be able to open/close a hintSilent menu if I understand you correctly... This is a pretty easy problem to solve. I would just use two threads, one to display the menu based upon a boolean variable that indicates whether or not the menu is open and one to monitor the keypress.
    Code:
    DISPMENU = false;
    [] spawn {
    	while {true} do 
    	{
    		while {DISPMENU} do 
    		{
    			hintSilent "Menu Open";
    			sleep 1;
    		};
    		sleep 0.3;
    	};
    };

[] spawn {
    	while {true} do
    	{
    		if (inputAction 'nightVision' > 0) then {
    			DISPMENU = !DISPMENU;
    			if (!DISPMENU) then {
    				hintSilent "";
    			};
    		};
    		sleep 0.3;
    	};
    };

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daniel Jackson For This Useful Post:

denis200191 (06-08-2015),Jme (05-25-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I see what you're talking about now, guys. Took me a little bit to grasp what you're talking about, but I understand. Thanks to both of you! I got it fixed.

Thanks
    This has been solved.
    /Closed

MPGH Staff History:
    Minion: 02-12-2013 - 6-28-2013
    Former Staff: 6-28-2013 - 7-14-2014
    Minion: 7-14-2014 - 1-3-2015
    Minion+: 1-3-2015 - 6-1-2015
    Moderator: 6-1-2015 - 10-2-2016
    Global Moderator: 10-2-2016 - Current

Current Sections:
    DayZ Mod & Standalone Hacks & Cheats
    BattleOn Games Hacks, Cheats & Trainers
    Minecraft Hacks
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Hacks
    Blackshot Hacks & Cheats
    Need For Speed World Hacks
    Other First Person Shooter Hacks
    CounterStrike: Global Offensive Hacks
    Garry's Mod Hacks & Cheats

Donating:
    If you want to donate money to me I take Bitcoin & Paypal, PM me for either of these if you're interested and thanks.
    Top Donators: (Awesome People)
    FanticSteal $75.00
    smurf_master $58.00 <- Best DayZ Gear Seller
    Fujiyama $25.00
    [MPGH]Black $10.00
    [MPGH]Hova $10.00
    xJudgez $4.54
    [MPGH]Normen's Sheep $3.50
    eminemlover $1.50

Brony?
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/groups/1728-mpgh-bronies.html