Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Exclamation GLOBAL BANS #12b2b4 when using material hacks READ

IMPORTANT INFO
    Hey guys been meaning to post this sooner sorry.

Recently people have been using a material exploit where you take a certain .pbo file e.g. buildings.pbo
    make a back up of it- corrupt the original- and then run dayz and that building will be non existent ( very simply put)

Many people have been using this, I even made a simple tool to do this and like the many people who have been using this
    I thought that it was impossible to get banned by Battleye for using the tool, or doing the file corruption manually however this is not the case.

Me and some close friends recently picked up global bans for doing this and no matter how much we tried to persuade staff from battleye support
    to revoke our bans ( believe me I tried everything) it is considered "hacking" and assured me "that your global ban is valid and will not be lifted by us"

[info]
    battleye global ban id: #12b2b4
    Not set to expire

And the best part is:..........

"For the past few months we have been working on making BE fundamentally different from conventional anti-cheat systems (including the old/current BE) that can only punish cheaters after their damage to other legitimate players has already been done, i.e. are based on detections of hacks and subsequent banning. With these new upcoming changes we are trying to move away from that and make BE a proactive anti-cheat system that is mainly based on protection instead of detection. In essence, this will allow BE to actively protect the games it supports against cheating/hacking, which is a big thing."

this basically means that if you get banned on one BE supported game all the rest will be void effective as of 9th Feb 2015 on games banned from patch 1.63-present day

Thanks
    How exactly did you corrupt them? All .pbos are signed with a signature key. When you join a server, an integrity check is being run. It checks whether a key in your pbo matches its data. Normally it won't even let you join even if there is just one odd byte in your file.

Were you initially banned for SA or for Arma 2?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Thank you fr report us this message

Thanks
    Its nice that you are alerting people. +1

I once released something that was not a cheat, but because it was a tutorial on a hack site, and everyone used it, BE figured out how to detect just the people who used it, and global banned them.

You don't need to download a "cheat" to be a cheater.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    true, true I didn't really expect it to stay un detected for long but I thought the loophole of it not being an actual script would prevent bans

- - - Updated - - -

dispenser I simply obtained two files e.g animals.pbo and animals.pbo.dayz.bisign which had matching keys and replaced names for a more substantial object e.g buildings.pbo

note I was banned on dayz SA initially then I checked arma 2 on an altis life server and

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I hope I'm reading this wrong but people have been doing this for a long time. Say 2 years and it got detected a very long time ago. Anyone who has been around for longer than 3 months would most likely know that shit is detected as people tried to e.g. Remove Grass, Trees and buildings in SA when it came out. Got patched and detected very soon after so this information is nothing new but you using a detected method.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwrath505 View Post

"zomg ples m4ke free hacks, im too lazy t0 get source code and update offsets." - MPGH 2015