Thread: Alienware m18

Thanks

Alienware m18

Hey I'm looking for anyone who can help me with an issue I have been having with my Alienware 18 notebook.
    I am having issues with the GPU fans not running at all, even when they get extremely hot under stress.
    I have put in new fans and they still won't work, I have done a tear down of the laptop to see if there was anything loose or any dust inside of the GPU fans themselves but I am still having no luck.
    I can get the CPU fan to run at max using HWinfo64 to try and cool down the laptop as much as possible, but it's impossible for me to play any type of game otherwise the GPU overheats and the laptop will reboot.
    I have tried all the different Alienware BIOS's, the weird thing is, when the BIOS is installing, all 3 fans will run at full speed, but after finished installing they no longer run.
    I have done a clean install of all nVidia drivers.
    I have also tried manually setting the speed in speedfan/EVGA/HWinfo/nVidia CP and a few other remote programmes but to no avail.
    Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Chaos

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Try flashing back to an older bios when you knew the fan was working and if not try use the fan controller in HWINFO64, If both fail then it will be a mainboard problem. I suggest (If applicable) get it fixed under warranty if its the mainboard.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by garretco123 View Post
    Try flashing back to an older bios when you knew the fan was working and if not try use the fan controller in HWINFO64, If both fail then it will be a mainboard problem. I suggest (If applicable) get it fixed under warranty if its the mainboard.
    Already done both of these suggestions, I had a dell technician come out and replace the motherboard also, still no dice.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Send the machine back to Alienware and tell them to fix it. If it doesn't work, then hopefully you have warranty. Sucks to hear about that man.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Well if you have replaced the mainboard and flashed it to a recent bios that worked, and it worked during the bios update then I would have to say it would be one of the graphics card drivers fucking with the mainboard, either wait for an update or yeah send it back and get a new one, they will replace it even without warranty as it is poor design and comes under their customer satisfaction terms so they will replace it.