Thread: Edit LTB files

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Quote Originally Posted by LegTwitch View Post
    Sorry to bump this thread, but I've found some new info that can complete this guide.
    I looked around on The Glue Factory site, where we got the LTB to X converter. There is a program called Blender that can import .X, and with certain plug-ins can export to .LTA. Then, there is a ModelEdit program for NOLF2, which can compress .LTA to .LTB, our key component. However, to install it, you have to own NOLF2 (No One Lives Forever 2). If anyone has it, please PM me and I'll send you the download for the ModelEdit software.
    lol nice find, but ltb to x dosnt export the animation

LIVERPOOL FC

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sendi11 View Post

lol nice find, but ltb to x dosnt export the animation
    I don't know what you mean. By the way, I DID IT!!!! I finally got the transfer complete!! Heres how:
    .LTB to .X to .LTA to .LTB its a reeeeally complicated way of converting but I did it!!! should I post a tutorial?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    no i dont think u should post a tut..becuz unless u know how to put the animations back in after exporting LTB to x then it is useless.. unless u just wanna make an HH model.. but as for a Player View (PV) model it wont work unless u put animations back in.. I've known for a little while how to convert an x file to a .lta file and .lta to .ltb is acutally even easier

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by D Worm View Post
    no i dont think u should post a tut..becuz unless u know how to put the animations back in after exporting LTB to x then it is useless.. unless u just wanna make an HH model.. but as for a Player View (PV) model it wont work unless u put animations back in.. I've known for a little while how to convert an x file to a .lta file and .lta to .ltb is acutally even easier
    Actually, ANIBASE ltb files aren't animations. So you could inject it as an anibase, the base for the animation. In cases of crossmodding, you also use the ANIBASE. So, I think this would work. And it's not that easy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    no u are not listening.. i said that you have to add animations to the model for it to work.. regardless of where animations are stored for that weapon.. when u replace the weapon with another file then it is going to want that .ltb file to tell it where to look for the animations.. well if it doesnt tell it where to look then guess where it will look.. in itself.. but hey feel free if you insist on releasing a tutorial i cant stop you but ive been modding for a while now and i never agree with all the ppl that say all this stuff about anibases and animations and all that.. cuz for instance do you know where the m16a3 gets its animations from.. m4a1_anibase.ltb.. yeah weird right.. well use any hex editor to figure that one out

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by D Worm View Post
    no u are not listening.. i said that you have to add animations to the model for it to work.. regardless of where animations are stored for that weapon.. when u replace the weapon with another file then it is going to want that .ltb file to tell it where to look for the animations.. well if it doesnt tell it where to look then guess where it will look.. in itself.. but hey feel free if you insist on releasing a tutorial i cant stop you but ive been modding for a while now and i never agree with all the ppl that say all this stuff about anibases and animations and all that.. cuz for instance do you know where the m16a3 gets its animations from.. m4a1_anibase.ltb.. yeah weird right.. well use any hex editor to figure that one out
    Alright, I was listening, you just aren't explaining it very well. Fine, I won't post a tut, I guess we should just give up forever. Thanks.
    EDIT: So, I just added a large cube to the ak 47. When I played, nothing showed up. So you're right. But then how come all these crossmods work, where you use the anibase of one gun and rename it to the pvmla of another gun?
    Last edited by LegTwitch; 01-30-2010 at 11:29 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    ok they work because the pvmla tells the game where to get the model and where to get the animations and bla bla u get what im sayin? kind of hard to explain.. but so when u place the ani file in there.. the anifile tells is acting as the pvmla (cuz u renamed it to that) and so now it has stored in itself where to look

Thanks
    Ok that makes sense. So when you edit the file with a 3D model program, it loses its original path to the reload animation, and doesnt work?

Thanks
    ok help!!!, when i try to convert a ltb file to the x file, it says Tragic Error and idk wat 2 do

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tairei15 View Post
    ok help!!!, when i try to convert a ltb file to the x file, it says Tragic Error and idk wat 2 do
    You should have read the pages before this... Anyway, it's because the converter only converts static models, not animations. Try converting ANIBASE gun files

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    try edit the hh modles with ure method, it might work

LIVERPOOL FC

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Hey Legtwitch i found out that method before you.
    Ask D Worm if you don't believe me. I also made two mods with custom models.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ihave13gp View Post
    Hey Legtwitch i found out that method before you.
    Ask D Worm if you don't believe me. I also made two mods with custom models.
    Uh.. I don't really care... It's not a race, I just thought no one had found it so I told Sendi. I didn't say I found it first, and since it's almost pointless it doesn't really matter. I might release a model, once I find out how to use ModelEdit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    idk understand on how u convert it in the tut it never tells u how to convert it
    :|

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Quote Originally Posted by LegTwitch View Post
    Uh.. I don't really care... It's not a race, I just thought no one had found it so I told Sendi. I didn't say I found it first, and since it's almost pointless it doesn't really matter. I might release a model, once I find out how to use ModelEdit.
    just try editing the hh files cause they have no animation, i think..............

LIVERPOOL FC

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast