Thread: PC vs MAC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostwave View Post
    Windows 8.1 is has faster loading speeds and better fps. Other than it "sucks" list reasons and inb4 "No start button" easily fix with third party softwares.

Check you're facts and stop being a sheep.

Pro-tip : https://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smart...14&itemid=1460
    Okay, first of all don't call me a sheep. I have my own opinions about things, not influenced by any retarded government, commercials, or anything else. I have had all versions of Windows from 1995 to 8.1, including Vista, and have opinions about each of them. My opinion about 8 and 8.1 is that it is the worst OS Microsoft has ever made for several reasons, listed below (since you asked for me to explain why it sucks instead of simply saying it sucks):

1: It is an OS obviously designed for touch screen systems. It works well on phones, tablets, and laptops with touchscreen monitors. However, Microsoft decided they should put it on EVERYTHING by default. Go to a store and look at new PCs; they will all come with Windows 8 even if they have no touchscreen. There are tons of new gestures and crap that just don't work well with a mouse.

2: Sure, it loads faster and has better FPS, but let's break this statement down to 2 parts: 1) Loading faster; personally, I couldn't care less which OS loads fastest as long as it is functional. Functionality > Speed in my opinion, therefore Win 7 > Win 8. 2) Higher FPS: What's the point of a higher FPS if not all games are as compatible with Win 8 compared to how compatible they are with Win 7? And seriously, if you want a higher FPS, just buy a better video card. So, Compatibility > FPS in my opinion.

3: Everything is an app on Win 8. I hate it. If I want to use apps, I'll pull out my damn phone. Not my desktop.

4: I like how you mentioned the start button because 1) I didn't care much that it was gone, except that it did make it more inconvenient to navigate to the control panel. 2) I have known about the start button "patch" that adds it back in since it came out. I simply never bothered.

5: Back-tracking to #1, if you do buy a new laptop like I did almost 2 years ago and it comes with Windows 8, you may not even be able to "down"grade back to Windows 7, because some have Windows 8 BIOS versions with special license keys and cannot be changed/"down"graded... unless you try to work your way around the BIOS settings that are enabled by default to prevent the "down"grades, and make sure secure boot isn't enabled. They did whatever they could to shove Win 8 down our throats, and I hate Microsoft for that reason (along others, including everything they tried to do with their Xbone when it realeased... DRM, always on, had to be connected to internet 24/7, elimated possibilites of ever playing used games by tying each game to your account (which would've hurt a lot of businesses taht sell used games), the comment from Don Mattrick in an interview regarding the 24/7 internet access "We have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360", etc etc etc.)

6: It has an App Store. 'nuff said. Kidding, but seriously it's horrible. Nothing in the store is better than its desktop counterpart and you have to scroll horizontally to navigate the poorly designed crappstore. It's useless.

7: Going more in depth with compatibility issues: They're not just limited to gaming. A lot of software doesn't work well with Windows 8. Hell, just look at hacks. I remember back when Win 8 first released, CA hacks didn't even work on it, and the coders had to figure it out.

8: Microsoft Accounts: If I had a dollar every time I was asked to make or sign into my MS account on Win 8, I'd be rich. It nags and nags and nags you to do so.

9: Colors. Holy fuck. Where do I begin? I personally do not wish to see colorful, bright ass, Metro themed crap on my entire screen all the time, especially not at 3 in the morning.

10: Bloatware: News apps, maps, mail, and so much more preinstalled. Seriously, if I wanted all this crap taking up space, I'd pick and choose then download what I want. Having it preinstalled is annoying and forces me to take even more time to go uninstall the crap.

11: Forced updates: In the middle of modeling a cool new 3D figure, animating, etc? Fuck you, you need to update your PC! NOW. Hope you saved! Just kidding, we at MS don't care.
    [img]https://i1058.photobucke*****m/albums/t419/iTzSeyeko/Disturbed.png[/img]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Well, considering you can build a pc way cheaper and optimize it like a Macfag if you really wanted to,
    I'd say it's safe to say PC. Also, upgrading will be more expensive under Mac, applecare or not.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Pc Pc Pc
    Fuck Mac

MPGH Member Level 1 May 2014
    MPGH Donator May 2015
    MPGH Premium Member December 2015
    MPGH News Force Interviewer July 2016 - October 2017
    MPGH Member Level 2 August 2016
    MPGH Premium Seller March 2017
    MPGH Dave's Ballsack Rag - Unknown
    MPGH Realm of the Mad God Minion December 2017 - December 2018

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedA7X View Post
    Okay, first of all don't call me a sheep. I have my own opinions about things, not influenced by any retarded government, commercials, or anything else. I have had all versions of Windows from 1995 to 8.1, including Vista, and have opinions about each of them. My opinion about 8 and 8.1 is that it is the worst OS Microsoft has ever made for several reasons, listed below (since you asked for me to explain why it sucks instead of simply saying it sucks):

1: It is an OS obviously designed for touch screen systems. It works well on phones, tablets, and laptops with touchscreen monitors. However, Microsoft decided they should put it on EVERYTHING by default. Go to a store and look at new PCs; they will all come with Windows 8 even if they have no touchscreen. There are tons of new gestures and crap that just don't work well with a mouse.

2: Sure, it loads faster and has better FPS, but let's break this statement down to 2 parts: 1) Loading faster; personally, I couldn't care less which OS loads fastest as long as it is functional. Functionality > Speed in my opinion, therefore Win 7 > Win 8. 2) Higher FPS: What's the point of a higher FPS if not all games are as compatible with Win 8 compared to how compatible they are with Win 7? And seriously, if you want a higher FPS, just buy a better video card. So, Compatibility > FPS in my opinion.

3: Everything is an app on Win 8. I hate it. If I want to use apps, I'll pull out my damn phone. Not my desktop.

4: I like how you mentioned the start button because 1) I didn't care much that it was gone, except that it did make it more inconvenient to navigate to the control panel. 2) I have known about the start button "patch" that adds it back in since it came out. I simply never bothered.

5: Back-tracking to #1, if you do buy a new laptop like I did almost 2 years ago and it comes with Windows 8, you may not even be able to "down"grade back to Windows 7, because some have Windows 8 BIOS versions with special license keys and cannot be changed/"down"graded... unless you try to work your way around the BIOS settings that are enabled by default to prevent the "down"grades, and make sure secure boot isn't enabled. They did whatever they could to shove Win 8 down our throats, and I hate Microsoft for that reason (along others, including everything they tried to do with their Xbone when it realeased... DRM, always on, had to be connected to internet 24/7, elimated possibilites of ever playing used games by tying each game to your account (which would've hurt a lot of businesses taht sell used games), the comment from Don Mattrick in an interview regarding the 24/7 internet access "We have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360", etc etc etc.)

6: It has an App Store. 'nuff said. Kidding, but seriously it's horrible. Nothing in the store is better than its desktop counterpart and you have to scroll horizontally to navigate the poorly designed crappstore. It's useless.

7: Going more in depth with compatibility issues: They're not just limited to gaming. A lot of software doesn't work well with Windows 8. Hell, just look at hacks. I remember back when Win 8 first released, CA hacks didn't even work on it, and the coders had to figure it out.

8: Microsoft Accounts: If I had a dollar every time I was asked to make or sign into my MS account on Win 8, I'd be rich. It nags and nags and nags you to do so.

9: Colors. Holy fuck. Where do I begin? I personally do not wish to see colorful, bright ass, Metro themed crap on my entire screen all the time, especially not at 3 in the morning.

10: Bloatware: News apps, maps, mail, and so much more preinstalled. Seriously, if I wanted all this crap taking up space, I'd pick and choose then download what I want. Having it preinstalled is annoying and forces me to take even more time to go uninstall the crap.

11: Forced updates: In the middle of modeling a cool new 3D figure, animating, etc? Fuck you, you need to update your PC! NOW. Hope you saved! Just kidding, we at MS don't care.
    Everyone has there own opinion you stupid sheep.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post

Everyone has there own opinion you stupid sheep.
    Hey idiot, learn to read. I never said he couldn't have his own opinion. I simply told him that my opinions are mine and aren't influenced by media/government/etc (which is what he claimed by calling me a sheep), then stated what my opinions were and why I hate Windows 8 (since he also claimed that I only hated it because of the lack of there being a start button).

Also, your misuse of the correct *their* shows your illiteracy, which is probably why you still think I'm a sheep after I proved I'm not. Idiot.
    [img]https://i1058.photobucke*****m/albums/t419/iTzSeyeko/Disturbed.png[/img]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    PC master race. Mac's are just bad for its price.

Thanks
    PC, because not overpriced pos

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Well, Apple really emphasizes "Ease Of Use" in their products. Any one could start using an apple product and it's pretty intuitive and I think that is really a draw for alot of people. I mean all you hear about apple is "Their so easy to use!" or they "Just work" and this is because they have control of the operating system AND the hardware so they can really make the best of what they put in the computers. Unlike PC, you can put any type of hardware into it and it might not work as good as it should.

Thanks
    Why not both?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Vied View Post
    Matters who you are and what you do on a regular day basis

Gaming/Programming - PC
    Video Editing/Web surfing - MAC
    Programming on MAC is probably waaaaaay more better and elegant than on PC. As for the gaming it's only because of DirectX.

Thanks
    Depends on what you are going to use it for.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Well, considering you can build a pc way cheaper and optimize it like a Macfag if you really wanted to,
    I'd say it's safe to say PC. Also, upgrading will be more expensive under Mac, applecare or not.
    I don't quite understand, Macs come packed with a Core i7, amazing graphics and other powerful hardware. You won't be needing an upgrade for at least 5 years.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Macs:

Pros:

Anyone can use one, extremely easy to boot up and use from the get go.

Great for programming and doing creative projects.

Cons:

Cost - Much more expensive than their PC counterparts

fewer users - few users less tutorials and none main stream programs.

PC:

Pros:

Cost - Much cheaper

More Users - More users = More Tutorials and more none main stream programs and open source programs.

Better for Gaming

Cons:

Clunky and hard to use.

Slower and easier to obtain malware

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    i have both and tbh pc is much better and more widely used than mac

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    TL;DR

Cliffs - Try build a hackingtosh if you want OSX experience.
    - Deleted OSX after a few months.
    - Both builds/systems have perks
    - Build PC to your own taste.
    "My Psycho Power knows no limits!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast