Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Naruto Gaiden: Never go full retard.

So there is a currently airing "sequel" to naruto. It's pretty stupid and let me explain why:

For the sake of "it's just translations" I'm going to ignore "humans cheat death" as it could be "humanity".

The problem with this rather naive view of "evolution" is that in this scenario everyone is the equivalent of a zetsu. Saying "the passing of genes" is rather silly, given they aren't even his real sons. They aren't his real genes either. I find it peculiar that people don't really understand that evolution is not a goddamn pyramid.
    -I had to sit back a moment to realize that Kishimoto was so stupid he got the terms "theory of evolution" and "metamorphosis" mixed up. He literally views the system of goddamn Pokemon as evolution.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

So for some reason this is just even more stupid in naruto. In naruto, the past is always stronger. Like no joke, whoever is older in naruto or whoever uses the oldest power, wins or at least has more power.

Saying "humans need to evolve" when 99% of of the power creep from the show comes from people using ancient techniques is fucking retarded.

Also, Akatsuki exist because of Madara or Pein. Saying it exist to further human evolution is just wow......naruto. You are actually trying to retcon your series that hasn't even been dead a year.......
    -----------------------------------------

This is the part where I don't even comprehend Kishimoto bringing up this detail. He just showed thousands of clones(zetsu) getting slaughtered but now it's an issue? Pfft.
    ------------------------------------

The rest: Not really worth mentioning because Kishimoto doesn't understand how children work, but the parternity test revealed Sarada to be Karin's child.

She of course, cries, feels betrayed, etc. Not really important to the world and not worth mentioning beyond that. Sarada is a fucking pointless character so moving on................

TLDR Naruto Gaiden is a filler arc that is involving some failed experiment of Orochimaru. Dropping this until I get word that any story worth caring about exist.
    Last edited by Empire; 06-11-2015 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    i havent got this far in the series (still watching season 2 of Shippuden) but i kinda hate how the series went and now i dont wanna finish after seeing this lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco View Post
    i havent got this far in the series (still watching season 2 of Shippuden) but i kinda hate how the series went and now i dont wanna finish after seeing this lol
    Stop with Pein. Don't continue after that arc.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Taco (06-14-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Stop with Pein. Don't continue after that arc.
    Honestly, I don't see where you go with half your arguments anymore. Even with Dungeon, you lost me.

Naruto is a shonen, and an average one at that. The author has been writing his story for 10-12 years[I think] and you expect him to get every little thing right? That's pretty pitiful, considering he has a family, and writing this shit ain't that easy. While Naruto isn't the most complex story, you have to give what it deserves. Anytime someone says, "Hey you heard of Anime?" the most common thing they say is they watched an episode or two of Naruto from Toonami back in the day.

Anything after that, is people who enjoyed the show, and they wanted to finish it. Naruto isn't terrible by any standards. I'd rather watch fillers than half the shows that come out today, simply because they're unbearable. While that doesn't give it much justification, it still shows you that it has potential, although untapped. Studio Perriot is just greedy, and if you don't know that, you're new to Anime studios and there name.

>Stop after Pein.

Yeah, I guess. If you don't want to finish the rest of the series and leave yourself 1/3rd of the way done. Naruto doesnt have that much left in it, but they have a lot to wrap up, and I'm sure most of there budget is coming up for *Spoiler* Gai going 8 gates, and the six paths fights.*Spoiler* If not, this just proves the greedy studio aspect.

I hate people saying that, "Naruto is a shit tier shonen compared to X, Y, and Z." Obviously, you're comparing it to shows who dump loads of there money into one show, and they get the best out of it. The best example I can give is Fate/Stay. Everyone praises this show, but have we looked at ufotables work? It's one series an entire year. One. Studio Perriot does multiple, and while I'm sure they have the money for it, there is a thing called profit.

Just finish the show for what it is. Don't expect something special, because you're not going to get it, if that's not clear by now.

/rant
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 06-13-2015 at 12:03 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    Naruto is a shonen, and an average one at that. The author has been writing his story for 10-12 years[I think] and you expect him to get every little thing right?
    I expect him to have consistency, yes. This isn't an unreasonable expectation and many other series have demonstrated the ability to remain consistent for a much longer period of time.
    That's pretty pitiful, considering he has a family, and writing this shit ain't that easy.
    Spare me the sob story. And yeah, it's pretty fucking easy.
    Not to point out the obvious, but we are talking about Naruto here. The level of writing and story depth, not that hard to remain consistent. This isn't some obscure "but he said that once" contradiction, this is literally the last 4+ years of the manga.

Well that and being a dumbass by not knowing how genetics or evolution work.

. While Naruto isn't the most complex story, you have to give what it deserves. Anytime someone says, "Hey you heard of Anime?" the most common thing they say is they watched an episode or two of Naruto from Toonami back in the day.
    I'm sorry, but who the fuck cares? It had a "legacy". Great. I mean if you really respect it that much I would think you'd care more that it's making the main plot of the series equivalent to it's trashy filler in the anime.

Anything after that, is people who enjoyed the show, and they wanted to finish it. Naruto isn't terrible by any standards.
    Unless you hold the relativist position of "well it's ok for shonen" then yeah, I can tear it to shreds by any decent amount of critique.

And I have. Many times. In fact I've probably explained the problems 3-4 times on this forum alone.

While that doesn't give it much justification, it still shows you that it has potential, although untapped. Studio Perriot is just greedy, and if you don't know that, you're new to Anime studios and there name.
    This is the manga discussion, not the anime. The problems within the manga are only expounded upon in the anime.

>Stop after Pein.

Yeah, I guess. If you don't want to finish the rest of the series and leave yourself 1/3rd of the way done. Naruto doesnt have that much left in it, but they have a lot to wrap up, and I'm sure most of there budget is coming up for *Spoiler* Gai going 8 gates, and the six paths fights.*Spoiler* If not, this just proves the greedy studio aspect.
    You are misunderstanding. The series is complete after Pein. Everything else was introduced to drag on the series in order to milk it.

A lot of events completely reverse the meaning of the original naruto seasons, making them utterly futile.

I could go into spoiler territory but I think I've done naruto's 4th war to death on this forum tbh.

I hate people saying that, "Naruto is a shit tier shonen compared to X, Y, and Z." Obviously, you're comparing it to shows who dump loads of there money into one show, and they get the best out of it. The best example I can give is Fate/Stay. Everyone praises this show, but have we looked at ufotables work? It's one series an entire year. One. Studio Perriot does multiple, and while I'm sure they have the money for it, there is a thing called profit.

Or....hunter X hunter.....or Jojo's......or Soul Eater.....

I mean really Naruto is a shit tier shonen for many other reasons besides animation quality, but yeah, that doesn't help the case when it's much longer than many other series with a lot less content.
    Last edited by Empire; 06-13-2015 at 12:30 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    ^^^
    I dont even want to live after reading this

Fuck off you scum

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by ewrc View Post
    ^^^
    I dont even want to live after reading this
    Well don't take critique or stupidity that personally.(whichever you view it as).

It's not healthy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

So for some reason this is just even more stupid in naruto. In naruto, the past is always stronger. Like no joke, whoever is older in naruto or whoever uses the oldest power, wins or at least has more power.

Saying "humans need to evolve" when 99% of of the power creep from the show comes from people using ancient techniques is fucking retarded.

Also, Akatsuki exist because of Madara or Pein. Saying it exist to further human evolution is just wow......naruto. You are actually trying to retcon your series that hasn't even been dead a year.......
    This part was the thing that made me confused as fuck, I mean just as you said, akatsuki existed for Madara or Pain. And the whole Uchiha villain thing is getting soooo boring. They could of at least changed the villain to someone else.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Qurtson View Post
    This part was the thing that made me confused as fuck, I mean just as you said, akatsuki existed for Madara or Pain. And the whole Uchiha villain thing is getting soooo boring. They could of at least changed the villain to someone else.
    Each "technique" is from a clan right? Why not just have these clans be in some kind of "shadow war".

Idk. It just seems like they are still trying to milk the series by making the villain Uchiha.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

Each "technique" is from a clan right? Why not just have these clans be in some kind of "shadow war".

Idk. It just seems like they are still trying to milk the series by making the villain Uchiha.
    Yea, if I'm not mistaken every clan has their own style and their own jutsu's.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    They are till milking Naruto, omg wtf is wrong with them?
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokou-Sama View Post
    They are till milking Naruto, omg wtf is wrong with them?
    The ride never ends.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

The ride never ends.
    [IMG]https://*******/vxI1.gif[/IMG]
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    this is why we cant have nice things

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Okay I'm confused. I watch Naruto Shippuden when it's not a filler week because I personally don't mind the show. Anyways, I thought "The last: Naruto the Movie" was supposed to finish the show but now in the show it's continuing the Madara arc but I was under the assumption that the Madara Arc is finished during that movie and I can't watch the movie because there is no Japanese dub out, only shitty Korean dub.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast