Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    u wanna try it?
    lol...i think i can prove it by doing the same thing with that pretty powerful m14 assault rifle.
    it has a painfully slow rate of fire.
    Here's the only possible theory I can think of to as changing the model might increase ROF:

The animation used by a gun with a higher rate of fire may be smaller then a gun with a lower ROF which requires more frames. I guess this would possibly speed up your ROF, because you might not because u have less lag from the gun animation. However theres a easy way to test this. Just remove the model completely and you should get the least amount of lag from firing your gun possible, because there are no gun animations therefore you would get a higher ROF.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    easier way...
    switch out a fast gun with a really slow gun and see if the fast gun fires really slow.
    i know, same thing still applies with what you said above...

but here is a video that may interest you.
    Last edited by Corndog; 12-01-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Could, but I won't I'm just an idea man. I'll let you test that out I don't care enough. If I wanted to change the ROF I would just find the addie and code hack. No need to mess around with glitching models.=/

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    lol...yah, thats the advantage when your awesome. I wish i was awesome

i just tested by switching the m16 for the m14 (really slow ar) and it made the m16 (default, normal RoF ar) shoot extremely slow.

they must have some kind of code hidden in the 3d model files or something.
    there are no files dedicated to gun attributes, and as you just said basically, its not server sided.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    lol...yah, thats the advantage when your awesome. I wish i was awesome

i just tested by switching the m16 for the m14 (really slow ar) and it made the m16 (default, normal RoF ar) shoot extremely slow.

they must have some kind of code hidden in the 3d model files or something.
    I still don't believe it. I bet the bullets do no dmg, just like when you do the get inf ammo. Im sorry Im just not that easy to convince.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    want me to fraps it or something?
    lol...why cant you just believe it?
    nvm, i dont even have fraps installed...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    because you dip yourself in ketchup and mustard.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Obama For This Useful Post:

why06 (12-01-2009)

Thanks
    cant really argue with that logic.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    want me to fraps it or something?
    lol...why cant you just believe it?
    nvm, i dont even have fraps installed...
    Cuz Im a skeptic. And basing the firing rate off the animation would be the stupidest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh mofokin President
    because you dip yourself in ketchup and mustard.
    Also a damned good reasons. You can't trust hotdogs on stick. period. They look straight, but then you find out its only because theyre riding on top of a stick and they're all soggy inside the breading!
    Last edited by why06; 12-01-2009 at 10:26 PM.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    how do you want me to prove it to you?
    there will always be variables no matter what.
    server lag, computer lag, all kinds of things.

if you play ca a lot, and you always use the mp5, and you put this mod in, you can feel a difference that you cant really explain how you know, but it defenitely is...

(your purely logical mind wont understand that because it's like deciding who killed somebody because you had a hunch)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    (your purely logical mind wont understand that because it's like deciding who killed somebody because you had a hunch)
    Im not sure how my mind could be anything, but logical. Everything I think is a construction of logic, everything I do is an act to complete those instructions set forth by my original thought process. If my mind was anything, but logical it would not be my mind it would be another's.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    *logical personality.
    better? lol....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    *logical personality.
    better? lol....
    I got what you meant, that time I was just being an asshole.

Point is models don't affect ROF. There's nothin in them that makes them so that's that. unless the code just waited to the end of the animation to shoot, which like I said before would be a stupid way to do it. There is a small chance Nexon is that stupid, but I highly doubt it. And if that was the case making a firing animation with one frame should give you the highest ROF possible.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    whatever mr skeptical...

oh, and there are some files with names like these:
    - CM_HND_SP_DF_GunName_CH
    - CW_HND_SP_DF_GunName_SH
    - GunName_ANIBASE
    - ANI_GunName

they don't effect the way the gun looks if you dont inject them.
    but i always inject them. think they might have anything to do with it?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    omg someone test it and see if it increases fire rate

LIVERPOOL FC

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast