Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Thumbs up How to stay anonymous online

In this tutorial I will show you some ways to stay more anonymous online.

VPN

One tool that you should always have is a VPN (Virtual Private Network). This is a way of masking your IP address to web sites, people, and not letting the government or your ISP spy on your activities.

Some good VPNS have been listed below:

Cybe****** VPN

Hide.Me VPN

TorGuard VPN

HotSpot Shield

----------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many more but I can't list them all obviously. Make sure that when you get a VPN to verify that the VPN host will not keep any logs on your activities online while connected to the VPN.

The reason I say this is because if you are doing illegal activities on the VPN you do not want your ISP and or the court to ask the VPN host to ask for all the logs so they can charge you with your crimes. If they keep no logs on you this means that when the judge asks for the logs all the VPN host will be able to do is hand them over a formatted hard drive with a OS on it because that is all the information that they have kept on you.

Also make sure that the VPN that you are using includes high level encryption.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Another tool that you should use is some sort of proxy on top of you VPN.

Many people use the free Hide.me Proxy

IP Leaks

When you are using a VPN there is a way that your IP is being leaked through sites. This means that they can find your real IP Address easily through your VPN.

Go to this site to see if your IP is leaking --> https:// ipleak.net/

It should say that your connection is leaking and show your real address. (If not you can feel free to skip this)

All you have to do to avoid this is go into your browser (Mozilla FireFox) and type into the search bar; about:config --> this will then bring you to a menu were you can toggle settings and mess with the strings.

Inside the search bar in config tab enter --> media.peerconnection --> double click it and make it false.

Then go back to --> https: //ipleak.net/ and it should say that there is no leak and that your VPN IP is your real IP.

Personal Information

When it comes to personal info it is one of the most vital parts of being online. Your personal information is your life and that means that people can find you easily from your name and such.

I recommend on getting one encrypted e-mail address and use that for all personal use, with this all of your sent, and received mail will be encrypted so your info will be safe.

When you are a gamer, or you are trying to do something but you need to sign up on a site to get the download or to find out info then don't bother using your personal E-Mail; use a temp mail site

Temp mail sites are listed below:

http: //temp-mail.org/

https: //www.guerrillamail.com/

http: //10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/index.html

http: //www.tempemail.net/

Use any of these and you don't have to make an E-Mail for some dumb site or use your personal. Just use a temp E-Mail for 10 minutes or so to get what ya need and then close it. This will also lead to your info not to be breached.

You can also use these on most shout boxes where it asks for an E-Mail before you post.

Browser

The browser that you use can not only effect speed, but it can also effect security as well.

If you want to take another step to becoming more anonymous use Mozilla FireFox.

Download it here --> www. mozilla.org/

When you get Mozilla FireFox I would reccomend not syncing your data with your E-Mail that is with Google Chrome or Internet Explorer as this can lead to info leaks and breaches unless you know your Passwords will be fully safe. One thing that you might want to do to prevent your passwords being compromised is making the browser never remember any of your history in the browser after browser restarts. This will make it so if you get back doored by like NJRat or Black Shades your passwords won't be saved by the browser and will make it a bit harder for the Remote Admin Tools to take all of your saved passwords; they will have to wait until you type in your passwords so they can log all your key strokes, hopefully before you do that you will know you have a trojan and you can remove it before this happens.

Another thing you may want to do to avoid being tracked is go throgh the privacy settings in the browser and enable and disable as you wish.

Go to options > Privacy > Set "Accept cookies from third party cookies" to never.

Then change options > Privacy > set the option "keep Until" to "I close firefox"

Mozilla also offers many addons that you can install to ensure more saftey on your browser; they have been listed below with description:

-- AdBlock Plus (Blocks ads)

-- Better Privacy 1.68.1 (Clears all cookies on browser shut down)

-- CryptoCat (Encrypted text chat )

-- Disconnect (Speed up browser and show details of sites)

-- FlagFox (shows where webserver is located)

-- Flash control (control what sites can run flash on your browser)

-- Google sharing (Proxy for google searches that you share with multiple other people)

-- HTTP nowhere (Only allowed to visit HTTPS web servers)

-- NoScript (Control what sites can or cannot run scripts on your browser / computer)

-- User Agent Switcher (Make it look like you are using a different browser than firefox)

-- WOT [Web of Trust] (Let the community say what sites are trustworthy or not)

-- ZenMate (Browser proxy / vpn) [Only is a vpn on browser not on any other things besides Mozilla firefox]

Use pidgin and get the addon OTR (Off the record messaging) to encrypt all conversations with friends and other people.

Also use TOR browser for more security.

Run a VPN on top of TOR browser.

For even more security run a VPN on your computer, run a VM with another VPN, then open tor inside the VM.

Well I hope this helped some of you guys! PM me if you need any help with anything and I will respond soon with a PM.

TMT

20 Posts []

30 Posts []

50 Posts []

100 Posts [X]

15 Thanks []

25 Thanks []

40 Thanks [X]

70 Thanks [X]

100 Thanks [X]

Never take life to seriously, you will never make it out alive!

Thanks
    Some are good points but i disagree with couple of these.. Also u didn't mention crypting you're harddrive,flashing and couple of other stuff, but either way good job.

The VPN selection is horrid.. I suggest BlackVpn.
    Last edited by Frostwave; 06-29-2015 at 05:37 AM.

Thanks
    I would recommend going over how to set up Tor as well.
    Although it does anonimize you, taking the time to tweak it a little makes it much better.