Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

[Club] 17 Simple tips you might have not known. Yet.

There are some little, yet very simple tricks, request things, and I could potentially make a tutorial for the things you guys request!

This is mainly created to help the newbies whose are new to the whole Server stuff.

1) You can adjust the TPS and MsPT located in LogicTicker.cs and possibly make your server a little bit more, responsive I could say?
    2) In char -> list.cs you don't need the Lat and Long vars. (Or whatever they actually are!).
    3) You don't need BehaviorDb.NAME.cs in your behaviors. (Although it does look nicer and sorts stuff out)
    4) The only projects you need to run the server are .nuget (not really a project)
    db
    MySql.Data
    server and
    wServer
    5) You can connect to other people servers using your client by having the same version. (Buggy though)
    6) Find this line
    Code:
    cmd.CommandText = "INSERT INTO stats(accId, fame, totalFame, credits, totalCredits) VALUES(@accId,
    After that you should see some numbers, you can edit those to change starting fame and credits (gold), pretty self explanatory (Oh the file is datebase.cs)
    7) Looking at XmlDatas.cs you can probably work out how to add/edit your own/existing .xml files so they have custom names.
    8) Ones I use; I protect my clubs client with SWFLock website, my AS3 with Flash Secure Optimizer, and I'm pretty sure you can protect Fabiano's with the same program.
    9) (I DID NOT TEST THIS ONE, GONNA DO IT LATER) I'm pretty sure you can make Pets immune to every single thing, such us, Statis, Paralyze and Poison by giving it a Invincible effect in it's behavior.
    10) I know a lot of you use Sothink SWF Decomplier, by making your own .svg files is well, rather a waste of time when you can download Jpexs and import .png files and replace the shapes by doing that.
    11) If you want to view the new Remote Texture items that you made 1 minute ago, you can change
    Code:
    realmofthemadgod
    address to
    Code:
    realmofthemadgodhrd
    , and that should enable you to VIEW them, never used or tested them to see if they actually work in game, but I can imagine you could try something like production instance.
    12) You can use a map ripper to get your maps from the production servers. (You would know if you checked the Hacking section!)
    13) You can use a use a .bin exporter? In order to edit the .xml files in your client and make it so the files load correctly when you have not loaded the server yet, you also HAVE to do this when adding a new class.
    14) You can use the Production index website in order to get the .xml which you can then modify a bit to make sure they, well, display correctly.
    (Mainly things like description, feed power (does nothing), DisplayId (most likely is going to be messed up).
    15) You can temporarily fix the pet server crashing by making it so the pet does not enter portals with you, so you have to reactivate it. I'm not entirely sure how to explain this.
    16) You can use the same WORLD_ID for every single dungeon, no need to edit RealmManager.cs and World.cs.
    17) World converter will only work if you use Visual Studio (You need some packages on SharpDev, not sure if it's possible though) and you rebuild the source with it, also the map file needs to be located in the same folder as WorldConverter unless you edit the .bat file to search for the files somewhere else.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SecretsOfThePast For This Useful Post:

derickfls (07-11-2015)

        (╭ರ_•)          
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Very precise explanation.
    Here is few things:
    1.Lat and Long are geo location for the server for ex. on prod you have option best server witch looks for the closest dedicated server by looking users IP and search for users location

2.You can make behaviors for objects for ex. you can make Portal follow you (Server crash if you enter it, but if someone else enter it it works just fine)

3.In XmlDatas you can make it read all files with .xml extension

4.You need to change IP of the client in order to connect to other people server as well as Version as you said

5.You can use Jpexs to export/import XML from/to the client (I didn't test it but i know it have that option)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ~V~ For This Useful Post:

derickfls (07-11-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by VoOoLoX View Post
    Very precise explanation.
    Here is few things:
    1.Lat and Long are geo location for the server for ex. on prod you have option best server witch looks for the closest dedicated server by looking users IP and search for users location

2.You can make behaviors for objects for ex. you can make Portal follow you (Server crash if you enter it, but if someone else enter it it works just fine)

3.In XmlDatas you can make it read all files with .xml extension

4.You need to change IP of the client in order to connect to other people server as well as Version as you said

5.You can use Jpexs to export/import XML from/to the client (I didn't test it but i know it have that option)
    Thanks
    But I have tested it before, as long as your server is on, and your second server on your list is set to the others person IP, and you have the same client version as them, then you shall be able to connect even if the client is using your IP, for the portals, as I said with the pet tips, the portal tries to enter new worlds right? I guess you can't enter something, that s your pet. But maybe if you can make it as I said on number 15, maybe that will fix it, I will have a try at the portals as soon as I get to work on some stuff.

Thanks
    Few things.

1.) TPS and MsPT should be handled in conjunction. Essentially, they're the same value put into different ratio forms.

3.) In certain sources, the namespace BehaviorDb is critical in identifying the behavior during preload.

4.) You need all the core projects to run the source. That being said, any Empire(X) projects or extra objects such as texture grabber can either be deleted or taken out of the server solution.

5.) This trick would work on most servers seeing as people don't bother to take their time fixing things.

7.) I assure you it will take more than XMLDatas.cs to make custom-named XML files. At least, ones that aren't clones of additions.

8.) Several things you can do to secure a client include: Obfuscation (this takes time); Value rearranging/refactoring (similar to obfuscation); dummy values (to fake out string searches); RSA keys; remade Hello packet; Most of these things need a source for your client, be it as3 or the all-feared ABC.

9.) Search up "GivePet" in your solution. It's in Player.cs, and it controls all the functions behind pet initialization (spawning).

15.) This is a simple procedure. The core pet behavior should include a despawn function upon PlayerOwner becoming null. When you enter a new world, the player INIT function should include GivePet so that the pet is spawned once again.

16.) World ID's are needed if you care about being able to debug worlds individually as well as organizing for peace's sake. It's never required, but not everyone has the best host devices to run a less organized source.

17.) As long as the IDE has NuGet integration it should be fine for building a solution.