Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Car Paintjobs Bannable?

I already sent a ticket to Rockstar but they didn't answer so far and im kinda curious about it so i ask here maybe someone already knows something about it so what i wanted to ask is if paintjobs for cars (only seeable for myself) or i general texture mods are bannable in GTAV (Online) (I mean texture mods via OpenIV)
    here is an example mod

https://www.gtainside.com/gta5/cars/7...awa-paint-job/

So thx in advantage if rockstar answers first i will share what i know and update the thread
    Last edited by thesparkofhope; 07-06-2015 at 10:45 AM. Reason: I'm Dumb C:
    Checklist :
    Be Fabulous ✔
    50 Posts ✔
    50 Thanks ✔
    CSGO Rank Legendary Eagle ✔ [NoHax] ✔

My Alltime Favs

Animes:
    07-Ghosts
    Fairy Tail
    SAOII
    Infinite Stratos I - II
    Naruto Shipuuden

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparkofhope View Post
    I already sent a ticket to Rockstar but they didn't answer so far and im kinda curious about it so i ask here maybe someone already knows something about it so what i wanted to ask is if paintjobs for cars (only seeable for myself) or i general texture mods are bannable in GTAV (Online) (I mean texture mods via OpenIV)
    here is an example mod

https://www.gtainside.com/gta5/cars/7...awa-paint-job/

So thx in advantage if rockstar answers first i will share what i know and update the thread
    Are you referring to like custom paint jobs?
    Wanna advertise your shop here? PM me!

LIKE Grand Theft Auto (GTA)? Wanna get help? enjoy the game? JOIN the official GTA group page! (CLICK GREEN BOX BELOW)

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.
    Knives don`t even kill a fraction compared to guns so don`t give me the knife crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    The Only Way You Can Have PC Over Console Is If You Can Build A PC With Better Hardware Than The Console At The Same Price, Which You Can't.
    "I Mean Sure Yeah It Makes Sense, But It's No Damn Lifesaving Medal", Makes Sense That You'd Have A Medal For Being Justifiably Injured, But It's Not The Same As Earning A Medal That Involves Saving Someones Life
    "Once Again, Correcting Someones Improper Grammar Is Not An Attack On Their Person."

Thanks
    I don't really know, I guess if you add a new texture, its not a ban reason, but if you replace a default texture, then maybe it's a reason for them to put you in a cheater pool, but I don't think you will have a ban.

I've seen a video that replace the texture of the map in the pause menu, so you can see the topography of the map. That's an "advantage over other players" because you can see mountains and make a strategy to attack or something, so you are "cheating" in some way.
    But a texture for a car, I think, its not a big deal, but remember that you are modding online so you are going against their rules.

I suggest you to wait for rockstar to answer your ticket. If they don't answer contact them on twitter with your ticket number, they answer you right away.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Madara10 For This Useful Post:

thesparkofhope (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Madara10 View Post
    I don't really know, I guess if you add a new texture, its not a ban reason, but if you replace a default texture, then maybe it's a reason for them to put you in a cheater pool, but I don't think you will have a ban.

I've seen a video that replace the texture of the map in the pause menu, so you can see the topography of the map. That's an "advantage over other players" because you can see mountains and make a strategy to attack or something, so you are "cheating" in some way.
    But a texture for a car, I think, its not a big deal, but remember that you are modding online so you are going against their rules.

I suggest you to wait for rockstar to answer your ticket. If they don't answer contact them on twitter with your ticket number, they answer you right away.
    Seems logical what you say i think it really depends on the answer of the support and thanks for the tip with twitter would have never figured it out myself xD

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchDrama View Post
    Are you referring to like custom paint jobs?
    Yes its a Paintjob/Replacer for the default skin
    Checklist :
    Be Fabulous ✔
    50 Posts ✔
    50 Thanks ✔
    CSGO Rank Legendary Eagle ✔ [NoHax] ✔

My Alltime Favs

Animes:
    07-Ghosts
    Fairy Tail
    SAOII
    Infinite Stratos I - II
    Naruto Shipuuden

Thanks
    Very unlikely that you would be banned for this but you never know so be careful