Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Talking 13 Inch Laptop - $2000

Budget - $2000
    Purpose - For my father (desktop replacement)
    Use - Business not Gaming

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lenovoyt0 View Post
    Budget - $2000
    Purpose - For my father (desktop replacement)
    Use - Business not Gaming
    13 inch laptop- $2000 budget. ok. What the fuck?
    Computer Specifications:
    Case: NZXT H500i
    PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W
    Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
    CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K
    CPU Cooling: Kraken x62
    RAM: Gigabyte Aorus 16GB(8x2)3200Mhz
    GPU: Asus 1080 Strix

Thanks
    13 inch Macbook Pro lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    When schuba speaks, people listen

Donator: September 24th, 2014
    News Force: October 17th, 2015 - ~Dec 2019
    News Force Editor: February 4th, 2017 - April, 2017

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Yeah, Mostly getting the Maxed out Retina MacBook Pro to have:

Processor: (065-C2Q3) - 3.1GHz Dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz
    Memory: (065-C2Q6) - 16GB 1886MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
    Storage: (065-C2QD) - 1TB PCIe-based Flash Storage
    Graphics: (065-C2Q7) - Intel Iris Graphics 6100
    Mouse and Trackpad: (065-C304) - Force Touch trackpad
    Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter: (065-C2QL) - Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
    Thunderbolt to HDMI Adapter
    Thunderbolt to VGA Adapter

This will sum up to around $2,600 USD + Shipping

Anything suggestions about a more powerful than this laptop within the same size limit (13-14 inches) would be much appreciated

He doesn't want to have a big laptop so I'm not even going to bother convincing him to use one.
    Last edited by lenovoyt0; 07-08-2015 at 08:30 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lenovoyt0 View Post
    Yeah, Mostly getting the Maxed out Retina MacBook Pro to have:

Processor: (065-C2Q3) - 3.1GHz Dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz
    Memory: (065-C2Q6) - 16GB 1886MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
    Storage: (065-C2QD) - 1TB PCIe-based Flash Storage
    Graphics: (065-C2Q7) - Intel Iris Graphics 6100
    Mouse and Trackpad: (065-C304) - Force Touch trackpad
    Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter: (065-C2QL) - Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
    Thunderbolt to HDMI Adapter
    Thunderbolt to VGA Adapter

This will sum up to around $2,600 USD + Shipping

Anything suggestions about a more powerful than this laptop within the same size limit (13-14 inches) would be much appreciated

He doesn't want to have a big laptop so I'm not even going to bother convincing him to use one.
    Honestly if you're not joking, go for something like a Razer Blade if you don't want a beefy laptop but one that has insane performance. Or an MSI ghost.
    If you want a laptop with an elegant design that doesn't scream "hey im a gamer hurp derp", a blade is perfect because it doesn't have red streak all over the fuckin place like MSI.

It stomps the living fuck out of any Retina MBP at the moment, concering that -
    Retina MBP Res is 1600P
    ap p le.c om/macbook-pro/features-retina/ (Integrated GPU, so it will probably poop out.)
    * I also know a few friends with MBPs, including GetVandalized on this forum, and they all do prefer any other laptop as although optimization is great on OSX, You will be limited to a closed OS and terrible, overpriced specs.
    Blade 2015 1800P
    ra z erzo n e.c om/ca-en/store/ra zer-blade (GTX 970M)
    * I personally prefer the Razer one because I'm a Razer fanboy, however, anyone would agree on me with this point that the Blade WILL stomp the MBP Retina EASILY in terms of specifications. Terming for buisness uses, it's a lot more reliable choice than the MBP.
    MSI G60 Ghost. 1620P
    u sgam i n g.msi.c om/Product/2014/Notebook/GS60-Ghost/ (GTX 870M)
    * A very good contender for a laptop, and downed on the gaming tones of their usual laptops, MSI is a very great company, I own 1 of their motherboards and their support is pristine.

Another few factors to consider:
    My MBA (11", MID-2013) Hits INSANE tempatures on Idle (90DEG C), and the latest new macbook that LinusTechTips has reviews also said that it goes insanely high. y outu be.co m/wa tch?v=9DyUitTVWlw
    My Blade Pro 2014 also has cooling issues, but that's only if running any games, which I doubt your father would be doing.

TLDR:
    Don't get Apple. Go for another brand. Razer and MSI are very good choices for elegant laptops that don't scream gaming but have very good specifications for the near price point of what you're aiming for.

Please delete any spaces in links, as I'm not allowed to post them.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Fragments View Post
    Honestly if you're not joking, go for something like a Razer Blade if you don't want a beefy laptop but one that has insane performance. Or an MSI ghost.
    If you want a laptop with an elegant design that doesn't scream "hey im a gamer hurp derp", a blade is perfect because it doesn't have red streak all over the fuckin place like MSI.

It stomps the living fuck out of any Retina MBP at the moment, concering that -
    Retina MBP Res is 1600P
    ap p le.c om/macbook-pro/features-retina/ (Integrated GPU, so it will probably poop out.)
    * I also know a few friends with MBPs, including GetVandalized on this forum, and they all do prefer any other laptop as although optimization is great on OSX, You will be limited to a closed OS and terrible, overpriced specs.
    Blade 2015 1800P
    ra z erzo n e.c om/ca-en/store/ra zer-blade (GTX 970M)
    * I personally prefer the Razer one because I'm a Razer fanboy, however, anyone would agree on me with this point that the Blade WILL stomp the MBP Retina EASILY in terms of specifications. Terming for buisness uses, it's a lot more reliable choice than the MBP.
    MSI G60 Ghost. 1620P
    u sgam i n g.msi.c om/Product/2014/Notebook/GS60-Ghost/ (GTX 870M)
    * A very good contender for a laptop, and downed on the gaming tones of their usual laptops, MSI is a very great company, I own 1 of their motherboards and their support is pristine.

Another few factors to consider:
    My MBA (11", MID-2013) Hits INSANE tempatures on Idle (90DEG C), and the latest new macbook that LinusTechTips has reviews also said that it goes insanely high. y outu be.co m/wa tch?v=9DyUitTVWlw
    My Blade Pro 2014 also has cooling issues, but that's only if running any games, which I doubt your father would be doing.

TLDR:
    Don't get Apple. Go for another brand. Razer and MSI are very good choices for elegant laptops that don't scream gaming but have very good specifications for the near price point of what you're aiming for.

Please delete any spaces in links, as I'm not allowed to post them.
    I totally agree with the whole anti-Apple thing that you are thinking about, and I have used several Apple products. The main purpose of this laptop is for business, I have considered bigger laptops but it's kind of a pain to use 17 and 15 inch laptops in cars while trying to work, also I don't think a MSI laptop is going to be the best impression for a board meeting when he is addressing his staff . I know the New Razor is only 14 inches and is just perfect, but that 512 gb SSD just won't do the job. The minimum storage he will need is 1TB, that too only the major files will fit in that much! And some hotels don't even have stable 15 mega bit per second connections which will make it a pain to download large files.

That is the only reason I am thinking about the Maxed out Retina, and yes I have Apple laptops and Computers.

UPDATE : Budget increased to $3000 because of the lack of good laptops which meet my criterion.

UPDATE 2 : I know that I can fit aftermarket 1 TB SSD's into many laptops but then what is the point to shell out so much money, if I wanted to go after market there are much cheaper options which somewhat meet the other requirements by default!
    Last edited by lenovoyt0; 07-10-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Thanks
    Provided that you were aiming on the basis of clear pictures (that can actually perform) while having amazing storage, an ASUS Laptop would be good.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Why 2 grand? You could pay a trusted member on here to custom build you one for a lot less with specs that would be great for business use. It definitely wouldn't cost 2 grand
    "America? Huh, there is no such thing anymore. Just an empty husk of a once great nation, turned to ash by greed and evil. The one way to change it, is the one thing we fear most. Giving up our lives, our addictions, and our habits, and picking up a rifle. Only the people can change what is happening, and only death will end the greed and evil that has infected our once great nation."

- Gabriel G.

[IMG]https://i1119.photobucke*****m/albums/k623/_BW_/Ts1VOqA_zps8yjvdjpn.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Dude your budget for a laptop is crazy. Might as well get a laptop with sli configuration lol.
    Chillin Like A Villain

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    fucking 3 grand for a laptop lol,
    gtfo just buy some asus thing