Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

What do you think about this shit game, and shit company?

I think the title says it all.

Do you think the way they are doing their stuff, and how over the years the 'game' is changing is good or bad? etc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    What I would actually like to know is what do you think of AE? You say they are shit, but why do you feel this way? And yes, I do expect legitimate reasoning. For myself, I don't think negatively of them. I've been playing their games (inconsistently) since the original AdventureQuest. If I recall correctly and a quick review of their event timeline on the forums, I've played since the first appearance of Carnax in August 2005. Almost ten years of my life I've played their web-based games. Do I regret any part of the past ten years? Of course, but not due to the game (it was a pun).

With my background being said, I have a post-Beta account for AdventureQuest Worlds. For those that don't know what that means, I created my account shortly after Beta in 2008. Almost my seven year mark with this game actually. Anyways, I've played almost every event since the time I joined to early-2011 (this is where I "quit"). During that time, the game was still new. Every release each week seemed to be some sort of amazing... thing. I use to think it was so cool. Creation of armor, live events, Miltonius'/Nulgath's realm, Dage the Evil's Legion, all of it was just so new to me and the rest of the community. After I joined back up (kinda), it just stopped being cool. There were the occasional events, the continuation of the Chaos storyline, new items. By the time I returned, the awful agony of manual farming Legion Tokens and botting but that is besides the point. The weekly releases just became bland and more of a chore than an actual game. Small little features were added, big whoop. Nothing really new.

It wasn't until earlier this year that I realized that it wasn't just AE creating poorer game content, it was my expectations for the game were set too high and I think everyone's expectations are set high. Like really, think about it. I've seen people call the game and the developers shit for creation "high requirements" or 5,000 Legions Tokens for something nice. I've also seen some say, "This game is shit because it's completely pay-to-win." This is true and false. You can go through the entire Chaos story arc without playing for a membership. It's obviously going to be harder, but it's free.

I am unable to finish my thought (essay) as I am off to go do stuff. So I am just going to post it as is. Probably could have cleaned it up, oh well...

Reason Why I Didn't Become an Editor

Virus Scans Because I Forgetful:
    Jotti & VirusTotal

Cocksucker is not a punishment. It is a lyfestyle.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheFrikinAsian For This Useful Post:

133spider (10-13-2015),Mr.Green (10-22-2015),Oliboli8769 (07-12-2015),TheSuperD (10-21-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Game is shit know days.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    Game is shit know days.
    >Nowadays
    Circa 2012 is when the content went down the shitter

Thanks
    I've played Dragonfable back in 2006 when it first came out and I was somehow drugged about it, because it was something new and cool back in that days market (flash web based games were very popular). I saw AQW ads and stuff in 2009 and I thought about a WoW on web, which was cool. Played and it was "love" at first sight. Something new and innovative, really cool story, places, players, items and so on. If I recall correctly, they didn't have an exact release date for a new piece of story of event, unlike Friday nowadays, so I was really thrilled to see what's going to be new (best shit back then was Friday the 13th, at least for me). But with gaming market growing up, my expectations were growing up. It was in 2012 I got really bored of this game, mostly because of the BLoD release. I thought what was the point of wasting my time, farming like no tomorrow, for an item that doesn't even give me special bonuses. It was just a mod weapon. Botting became a thing and my interest kinda raised up, but until today it's still low. It's just the fact that they focus on releasing events and new items, but the game is still "old". They updated the map, they made cool classes and items, but no new cool features. And the fact that members get so much (and so fuckin' much) attention, with easier farming ways to good classes only for them, it's kinda driving me crazy. I understand that a player that buys membership needs to get attention, but not this much. And I won't talk about AE bitching about botting, because it's useless to talk about this.

With that being said, it's a great company, with good potential, but wasted resources and time. They still have plenty of time to comeback with cool and new things, but until then, they will stick to "Friday releases" and "new 6 months quest chain for a simple armor but it's a mod armor so go farm until you can't click anymore".
    Last edited by Megenhos; 07-12-2015 at 11:54 AM.
    "The people never have the power. Only the illusion of it.”
    “You have no family now, no friends, no future. Your losses are far greater than ours.”

Thanks
    Not entirely related, but before anyone pulls the "they've stolen our money" card - https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=851403

@TheFrikinAsian typical you being the one to write an essay

Thanks
    If they do a good job with AQ3D, then they can comeback. At the moment, it's their last chance.
    "The people never have the power. Only the illusion of it.”
    “You have no family now, no friends, no future. Your losses are far greater than ours.”

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    tbh every game AE makes is surviving on what AQW earns

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    While I agree that gamers expectations increased over the years in function of the gaming market growing I can't help but feel cheated sometimes by the game - and the company itself. I don't like to be that guy who only criticizes something (it's something that alot of people do when discussing aqw), but this game used to be awesome at its time. Perhaps because times have changed and flash-based games are no longer a thing, but what really pisses me off is that AE doesn't seems to improve quality gameplay. Instead, since 2013 and further they released non-stop OP classes, ruining the balance of gameplay and favoring AC buyers instead of members, repetitive quests and blaming the botters for the game's downfall. Almost 50% of badges are Special offer only, they no longer represent something you did in game to be proud of, and Heromart products are overpriced as hell. The devs pretend the game is running fine, even to the point that their own staff is caught botting. They recently re-released Vindicator of They as a "clone" class, with it's rare set once again avaliable, despite being RARE items.

I guess that sums it up my thoughts of the game today. I've spent an amount of +/- $200, that's A LOT of money for a broswer game. So yeah, I really like this game, despite letting me down so many times. I still wish the best for AE staff, and hope that AQ3D becomes a thing, because nowdays AQW is the game that keeps the company afloat.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    i still keep playing because im loyal to the game. Takes me back

Fuck off you scum

Thanks
    all they do is release old items but color custom to grab money

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    i used to love but it kind of sucks now and its very frustrating just hoping they make it better because it was practically my childhood...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Great company bad game.
    I feel working for them will be more fun than working for valve.
    I respect AE, thats why i stopped doing things here

Fuck off you scum

Thanks
    I don't play the game a ton anymore but their forums are hilariously overmoderated.

Read them and cringe..

Thanks
    I do enjoy AE and AQW quite a bit. I can see why some people would start to hate it and the game feels liek it's going down. But their servers can only hold so much, they're making new ones and will be adding in a lot of brand new stuff once they get it finished but until then they make do with what they have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast