Thread: Youtube

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by m3 View Post
    How so? If you never execute the malicious file, you can't get infected. Or just use a live session of Linux or something for a suspicious download if you're really paranoid.
    Wrong, most viruses hook themselves on files and and spread as soon as the file is open, you don't have to execute the file itself, as soon as the file open, the virus spread and hooks itself onto your PC.

This isn't the 1990s anymore.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    How so? If you never execute the malicious file, you can't get infected. Or just use a live session of Linux or something for a suspicious download if you're really paranoid.
    most virus' now days dont need to be executed

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeko671 View Post

most virus' now days dont need to be executed
    Viruses are pretty much obsolete.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    i keep reading wat u guys are typing but i still dont get it -.-

Multi

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by ChimiWow View Post
    i keep reading wat u guys are typing but i still dont get it -.-
    What are you not getting?

Maybe I can help you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    Wrong, most viruses hook themselves on files and and spread as soon as the file is open, you don't have to execute the file itself, as soon as the file open, the virus spread and hooks itself onto your PC.

This isn't the 1990s anymore.
    You never open the file do you? You just send it to virustotal.
    I'm Alen on Steam. RIP Skype Friday nights.

I'm Navi's lover <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:2.5% 97.5%;background-size:4100%" title="hearts"></span></span>

Messenger: Toxin about Dave | Paladin on Skyrim's AI | Dakota on JB | Royku leeching | Sjoerd's penis | Blitz's derpiness | Jason on Blitz
    Dave84311: God I've always wanted to eat crayons, with their vibrant colors. Only if they had taste.
    Mr. Lonely: @Alen I like making you wet, it makes me hard.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Maybe I can help you.
    that should be in a VM, not here

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    You never open the file do you? You just send it to virustotal.
    Which brings up my point,

Virustotal can't tell which is legit or not, you can easily hide viruses under the Thermidia protection and you'll never know what it'll do.

Even the site said you should not rely on the scanning system, also most compress files are harder to scan like .rar format then the more open zip files.

that should be in a VM, not here
    If it is a question among our discussion, it is allowed here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Maybe I can help you.

Explain in more detail... i thought it can only infect u if u open the file right? or just when u download it infects right away or am i wrong?

Multi

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Nearly all AVs warn you if something is packed with the likes of themida. And virustotal isn't just one AV, it's practically a whole selection of the best currently available. If something gets past that and my realtime protection, then kudos to the person who made the virus. I'm on Debian 90% of the time I ain't working or gaming, so I don't really have issues with viruses :P

I'm Navi's lover <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:2.5% 97.5%;background-size:4100%" title="hearts"></span></span>

Messenger: Toxin about Dave | Paladin on Skyrim's AI | Dakota on JB | Royku leeching | Sjoerd's penis | Blitz's derpiness | Jason on Blitz
    Dave84311: God I've always wanted to eat crayons, with their vibrant colors. Only if they had taste.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Explain in more detail... i thought it can only infect u if u open the file right? or just when u download it infects right away or am i wrong?
    some files open automatically in secret, and sometimes ur AV may say "blabla program denied."
    Nearly all AVs warn you if something is packed with the likes of themida.
    nearly?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Well it depends,

Unknown to most people, viruses are less common now, it is rare to see a virus infecting your PC.

In order the virus to 'hook' it have to be open, but in most cases as soon as you download it, it'll be there.

Even if you delete it in time, no files are actually removed from your PC, so therefore it is flawed. I can't answer your question, because it depends on each viruses and how the creator wanted the bug to spread.

In most cases, viruses are obsolete, as trojans, worms, and macros are far more effective, the infamous Conflicker and the ILOVEYOU! macros and worms was deadly effective.

Nearly all AVs warn you if something is packed with the likes of themida. And virustotal isn't just one AV, it's practically a whole selection of the best currently available. If something gets past that and my realtime protection, then kudos to the person who made the virus. I'm on Debian 90% of the time I ain't working or gaming, so I don't really have issues with viruses :P
    Yes, but remember Thermidia is a packet security code 'system' that compress and protect the files from being open. Which shows it is easy, which is why we had a huge problem with that last year.

And you'd know the rule of the thumb, "No more the one AV," each AVs right differently in a way, the worst I've used is the dreaded McAfree.
    Last edited by Mouzie; 07-25-2010 at 11:57 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Well it depends,

Unknown to most people, viruses are less common now, it is rare to see a virus infecting your PC.

In order the virus to 'hook' it have to be open, but in most cases as soon as you download it, it'll be there.

Even if you delete it in time, no files are acutally removed from your PC, so therefore it is flawed. I can't answer your question, because it depends on each viruses and how the creator wanted the bug to spread.

In most cases, viruses are obsolete, as trojans, worms, and macros are far more effective, the infamous Conflicker and the ILOVEYOU! macros and worms was deadly effective.
    too crucial @_@ i dont like worms worms fucked up my other computer

Multi

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

some files open automatically in secret, and sometimes ur AV may say "blabla program denied."

nearly?
    Now how would a file just happen to open itself? It just isn't possible. And by nearly I mean like 80% of those that are present on virustotal

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    too crucial @_@ i dont like worms worms fucked up my other computer
    starting to get offtopic...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast