Thread: EVGA 970 OC

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    w4ssup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,500
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    383

    EVGA 970 OC

    I got my "evga gtx 970 sc acx 2.0" 2 days ago, and I been trying to over clock and manage to get the core to 1503MHz and the memory to 3888MHz (could go more, but eh..) with stock voltage. I ran Heaven benchmark and it was a success, and ran FurMark for 50=< mins to test for stability and it was fine (it stay peak at 76c), but the thing I don't understand is why I don't know any improvements in my game play?

    BTW my mobo is z97 krait and cpu is i5-4690k

  2. #2
    ultrawtf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,082
    Reputation
    172
    Thanks
    713
    Improvments like what ?
    You got pretty much max performance you can get from that rig mate,I think you can play games with good FPS and great settings.Only way to improve it is to upgrade...

  3. #3
    Jew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    <dd style="overflow: hidden;">here</dd>
    Posts
    3,864
    Reputation
    289
    Thanks
    2,162
    My Mood
    Amazed
    your fps from before OC and after OC didnt change?

    maybe your CPU is running 100% so the gpu doesnt even reach its OC clock speeds
    Vouch thread





     

    Quote Originally Posted by foginho81 View Post
    Hello guys,5 mins ago i dowloaded this program, in 2 minutes i cracked an account, so i purchased Premium for supporting and have unlimited features!

    A+++ Tool GREAT CODER!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkiller198 View Post
    I just purchased a Premium account and I haven't had any problems with it!

    Quote Originally Posted by ImShan View Post
    Vouch for this guy!

    I just bought premium and works pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiiKFO View Post
    Vouch bought premium works very well
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade324 View Post
    vouch i just bought premium it works great
    Quote Originally Posted by coolzombiesg View Post
    Vouch for him

    I just bought premium and works pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by KaizoPvP View Post
    VOUCHE: Yep, you are a legit seller, and I like the stuff you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTNGaming View Post
    Premium Purchased

  4. #4
    w4ssup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,500
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex0rPl4net View Post
    your fps from before OC and after OC didnt change?

    maybe your CPU is running 100% so the gpu doesnt even reach its OC clock speeds
    it's only running at 50

    Quote Originally Posted by ultrawtf View Post
    Improvments like what ?
    You got pretty much max performance you can get from that rig mate,I think you can play games with good FPS and great settings.Only way to improve it is to upgrade...
    I think I need to oc my cpu..

  5. #5
    ultrawtf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,082
    Reputation
    172
    Thanks
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by w4ssup View Post


    it's only running at 50



    I think I need to oc my cpu..
    That cpu should be fine running games on stock,but if you want to oc it make sure that you have aftermarket cooler

  6. #6
    w4ssup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,500
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrawtf View Post
    That cpu should be fine running games on stock,but if you want to oc it make sure that you have aftermarket cooler
    yea, I got a waterblock cooler, but I can't fingure out why my game crash within an hour of gaming, but didnt crash when using furmark for an hour.. dafuk... is it windows 10?

  7. #7
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I'm not expert but maybe your shit's wack.

  8. #8
    ultrawtf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,082
    Reputation
    172
    Thanks
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by w4ssup View Post


    yea, I got a waterblock cooler, but I can't fingure out why my game crash within an hour of gaming, but didnt crash when using furmark for an hour.. dafuk... is it windows 10?
    Furmark is not that good of a stress test,try something more intense,try running passmark or for cpu prime95.

  9. #9
    w4ssup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,500
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrawtf View Post
    Furmark is not that good of a stress test,try something more intense,try running passmark or for cpu prime95.
    I just downloaded the burnintest, and boy... it only run bench mark at a resolution of 100x200...

Similar Threads

  1. EVGA wont discontinue a card right?
    By Versa in forum Computer Builds & Upgrades
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 01:24 AM
  2. [WTS] 2 EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 (012-P3-1571-AR) + Free Shipping!
    By The_Gaige in forum Selling Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-13-2013, 02:30 PM
  3. SE EVGA Graphics Cards
    By KillTheNoise in forum Social Engineering Methods
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-11-2013, 09:21 AM
  4. 970 AP FTW :D
    By WTFXD185 in forum Vindictus Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 01:45 PM
  5. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 10:21 PM