Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    RankE3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    78
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    65
    My Mood
    Blah

    Exclamation CS:GO Betting Site. I have the source code but how do I upload it?

    I have the folder that says like css, fonts, history, img, pages etc....

    How do I upload it in order to create a site.

    I'm also looking to change up the logo and background for it as the code is already made. IF somebody can help me i'd really appreciate it!

    Skype: RankeThree

  2. #2
    fl4zh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On the streets of Denmark
    Posts
    779
    Reputation
    104
    Thanks
    791
    My Mood
    Devilish
    You have to pay a company like one.com or something like that for web hosting and then you have to upload all that to that site through a FTP client like FileZilla.

  3. #3
    donran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    955
    Reputation
    41
    Thanks
    920
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by fl4zh View Post
    one.com or something
    Something > one.com

  4. #4
    Eternity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    11,027
    Reputation
    1839
    Thanks
    5,414
    Go online and find a site, also do you want .com or .net or .edu??? .edu will probably have more names available.
    Previous Names
    Eternity
    Azathoth


    Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

    "Endless Void."



  5. #5
    Pepsi Cola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    2,092
    Reputation
    135
    Thanks
    2,091
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Explain more. Do you already own a domain? Do you own a hosting plan? Do you plan on buying either one?
    Anyway, I have a nice related domain, pm me if interested. I could help you set everything up if you like. hmu.


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    Go online and find a site, also do you want .com or .net or .edu??? .edu will probably have more names available.
    Why would he use a .edu for a csgo betting site


  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pepsi Cola For This Useful Post:

    Adrian (09-03-2015),fl4zh (09-03-2015),[MPGH]Psychotic (09-03-2015),RankE3 (09-03-2015),xlux (09-03-2015)

  7. #6
    Psychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    @root
    Posts
    11,959
    Reputation
    3334
    Thanks
    5,474
    My Mood
    Inspired
    First and foremost you're going to need a domain. I'd recommend namecheap.com but if you have other deals then go there. You really should think about your domain carefully - I understand CS:GO betting sites are the new "thing" but if you want yours to be successful in comparison to the other ones that are just made "for the money", then you need to carefully consider the domain and might spend a little more on it. Think of a witty, creative name that you think a lot of CS:GO players would enjoy for the domain but would also get across the intent of your website. Domains are extremely cheap for what they are and can vary from $1-10/year to $50, it really depends on the TLD that you obtain.

    Secondly, you'll need hosting. This price can vary but really you'll be wanting $20~ minimum because if you want a big website you need to anticipate a lot of traffic and users and you should always purchase more not less. When purchasing the domain make sure you notify you already have a domain and give them the domain you have. Hell, you won't be the biggest CSGO betting site right off the bat, but your site will get quite a bit of traffic once you even put a splinter of advertisement up due to the popularity of one, CS:GO, and two, CS:GO betting.

    Lastly you're going to set up the nameservers for that domain to the hosting that you have. It can take up to 24 hours to complete the nameserver change but if you just test going to your domain every so often you can see if it's already changed, mine have varied, some take half an hour, others have taken a few hours. Never have I waited more than a day though.

    Once your domain is on hosting you're going to upload the files via FTP, now I don't know much about CS:GO betting sites but here's a few things I can assume:
    • You need to check and see what backend language the site is using and also what database it uses. I'm going to assume MySQL so you should consider that (once you find out) when purchasing hosting.


    I've added you on Skype but you can give me a PM if you need more help, I'm a very experienced in full stack development, just more as a hobby though.





    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator Since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ Since 07.22.2016

    Marketplace Minion Since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion Since 06.06.2016
    Middleman Since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion Since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member Since 05.13.2012



  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

    Adrian (09-03-2015)

  9. #7
    Adrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    128.0.0.1
    Posts
    1,270
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    2,815
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Domain like above plebs said, they host the website for you in a sense. I advise to also get some DDOS-protection up asap it's worth it in the long run. Good luck with your website!

     


















  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Adrian For This Useful Post:

    RankE3 (09-03-2015)

  11. #8
    RankE3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    78
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    65
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    First and foremost you're going to need a domain. I'd recommend namecheap.com but if you have other deals then go there. You really should think about your domain carefully - I understand CS:GO betting sites are the new "thing" but if you want yours to be successful in comparison to the other ones that are just made "for the money", then you need to carefully consider the domain and might spend a little more on it. Think of a witty, creative name that you think a lot of CS:GO players would enjoy for the domain but would also get across the intent of your website. Domains are extremely cheap for what they are and can vary from $1-10/year to $50, it really depends on the TLD that you obtain.

    Secondly, you'll need hosting. This price can vary but really you'll be wanting $20~ minimum because if you want a big website you need to anticipate a lot of traffic and users and you should always purchase more not less. When purchasing the domain make sure you notify you already have a domain and give them the domain you have. Hell, you won't be the biggest CSGO betting site right off the bat, but your site will get quite a bit of traffic once you even put a splinter of advertisement up due to the popularity of one, CS:GO, and two, CS:GO betting.

    Lastly you're going to set up the nameservers for that domain to the hosting that you have. It can take up to 24 hours to complete the nameserver change but if you just test going to your domain every so often you can see if it's already changed, mine have varied, some take half an hour, others have taken a few hours. Never have I waited more than a day though.

    Once your domain is on hosting you're going to upload the files via FTP, now I don't know much about CS:GO betting sites but here's a few things I can assume:
    • You need to check and see what backend language the site is using and also what database it uses. I'm going to assume MySQL so you should consider that (once you find out) when purchasing hosting.


    I've added you on Skype but you can give me a PM if you need more help, I'm a very experienced in full stack development, just more as a hobby though.
    I just registered the domain. Pls respond on skype

  12. #9
    αяgуяσѕ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A Box
    Posts
    1,726
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    143
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Do you even have the php files or db files to even store any of the information?
    I have added you on skype.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Domain like above plebs said, they host the website for you in a sense. I advise to also get some DDOS-protection up asap it's worth it in the long run. Good luck with your website!
    Just use cloudflare; free and easy to use.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 09-03-2015 at 02:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

    ____________________________
    Need help? Pm me
    ___________________________
    Please Press The Thanks If I Helped

  13. #10
    Reaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    359
    Reputation
    21
    Thanks
    25
    My Mood
    Angry
    I would like to know too

  14. #11

  15. #12
    fl4zh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On the streets of Denmark
    Posts
    779
    Reputation
    104
    Thanks
    791
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I hope you have a steam-bot-account too. I guess you'll need it for the site you're having

  16. #13
    Organized Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    evrythan puprle man
    Posts
    4,741
    Reputation
    725
    Thanks
    1,356
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by fl4zh View Post
    You have to pay a company like one.com or something like that for web hosting and then you have to upload all that to that site through a FTP client like FileZilla.
    Or you can just use my favorite site which has great support, and site ability.
    Which I won't say ppppppppppppppp

  17. #14
    fl4zh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On the streets of Denmark
    Posts
    779
    Reputation
    104
    Thanks
    791
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Organized Chaos View Post


    Or you can just use my favorite site which has great support, and site ability.
    Which I won't say ppppppppppppppp
    Well.. Then he can't, when you won't say it, can he?

  18. #15
    Organized Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    evrythan puprle man
    Posts
    4,741
    Reputation
    725
    Thanks
    1,356
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by fl4zh View Post


    Well.. Then he can't, when you won't say it, can he?
    Hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2015, 08:31 AM
  2. [Solved] I have the script code, now how do I actually use it?
    By JavaEnderman in forum DayZ Help & Requests
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-28-2013, 03:06 PM
  3. [Request] anyone have the source code auto update with VB6
    By sabatbatu in forum Visual Basic Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 01:05 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 06:27 PM
  5. Hello! i need help with the source code.
    By LatinHacker in forum Combat Arms Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 11:32 PM