Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokou-Sama View Post
    I might get an upgraded license, so I'll be allowed to ride up to 35kW (~48bhp) without engine size restriction.

Now, my question is, if I were to buy a bike, what's the best bikes for me to buy, new or used, with power range close to 35kW?
    I prefer supersport bikes though.

I got to look at:

Honda CBR500R ~48bhp

Kawasaki Ninja 300 ~33bhp

Honda CBR300R ~30bhp

Yamaha R3 ~41.4bhp

I currently ride a KSL 125cc. I don't plan on getting a cruiser again.

Keeway Superlight 125cc L.E.
    Would go with Kawasaki or Yamaha
    but in matte black.
    MPGH Member Level 1 May 2014
    MPGH Donator May 2015
    MPGH Premium Member December 2015
    MPGH News Force Interviewer July 2016 - October 2017
    MPGH Member Level 2 August 2016
    MPGH Premium Seller March 2017
    MPGH Dave's Ballsack Rag - Unknown
    MPGH Realm of the Mad God Minion - December 2017

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    If i were you, i'd go for a Ninja ZX-6 or GSXR 650/600.
    I've been riding for 2-3 years now and Hondas Fireblade (1000cc) is the only bike that gives them a good name.
    The new R6 is nice, so i'd recommend that aswell, but Ninja and GSXR is your best bet as they are both big engines, sound phenomenal stock and with aftermarket exhausts such as TOCE, ATALLA, Yoshi, Akrapovich, and TWOBROS. The user interface and spedo/gear indicator/rev counter is all on display and very visable and easy to the eye. The 3 bikes ride amazing, but id test drive them before you buy. If it were me, i'd buy the R6 or GSXR. Then it'd have to be the ninja, then CBR.
    Talking from experience, i've had the ZX-6R and was amazing, no flaws and same with the R6.

Threadstarter
    Do not Trade - Blacklisted
    Permanently
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfBajan View Post
    I'd get the ninja 300 as my first bike. If I had a bike and had these to choose from to upgrade, I'd 100% go for the Yamaha. Can't go wrong
    I understand your opinion. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitehill View Post
    If i were you, i'd go for a Ninja ZX-6 or GSXR 650/600.
    I've been riding for 2-3 years now and Hondas Fireblade (1000cc) is the only bike that gives them a good name.
    The new R6 is nice, so i'd recommend that aswell, but Ninja and GSXR is your best bet as they are both big engines, sound phenomenal stock and with aftermarket exhausts such as TOCE, ATALLA, Yoshi, Akrapovich, and TWOBROS. The user interface and spedo/gear indicator/rev counter is all on display and very visable and easy to the eye. The 3 bikes ride amazing, but id test drive them before you buy. If it were me, i'd buy the R6 or GSXR. Then it'd have to be the ninja, then CBR.
    Talking from experience, i've had the ZX-6R and was amazing, no flaws and same with the R6.
    I think you didn't fully read my post.
    I agree with you on that fact though. But the problem is that the license I can get would restrict me to 47bhp. R6 has 140bhp and gsx-r has 120~127bhp. Way over the limit. However, this is considering that I BUY A NEW BIKE AFTER I GET THIS LICENSE. I might not be able to buy, because if not, then I would only buy when I get 23 ~24 year old (age when I can get my full license) and get one of those bikes you speak of.
    CONSIDERING these limits my license will force on me, those bikes are the best options I can buy considering my taste and not my cash (cuz I got basically none) but those are the ones I could buy. I'm reluctant to buy a 300cc because the leap from my 125cc won't be that big, but the 500 can unleash full power and still be on these limits. The ninja and the r3 are the best 300cc they got the looks better than the current 500cc but lack just a bit in performance.

Considering these facts and your opinions, I might be test driving right after taking my license.
    Currently i'm considering getting th 500cc more than the others, but only after I try them I can actually know which one will be better for me.
    Thanks anyway.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokou-Sama View Post

I understand your opinion. thanks.

I think you didn't fully read my post.
    I agree with you on that fact though. But the problem is that the license I can get would restrict me to 47bhp. R6 has 140bhp and gsx-r has 120~127bhp. Way over the limit. However, this is considering that I BUY A NEW BIKE AFTER I GET THIS LICENSE. I might not be able to buy, because if not, then I would only buy when I get 23 ~24 year old (age when I can get my full license) and get one of those bikes you speak of.
    CONSIDERING these limits my license will force on me, those bikes are the best options I can buy considering my taste and not my cash (cuz I got basically none) but those are the ones I could buy. I'm reluctant to buy a 300cc because the leap from my 125cc won't be that big, but the 500 can unleash full power and still be on these limits. The ninja and the r3 are the best 300cc they got the looks better than the current 500cc but lack just a bit in performance.

Considering these facts and your opinions, I might be test driving right after taking my license.
    Currently i'm considering getting th 500cc more than the others, but only after I try them I can actually know which one will be better for me.
    Thanks anyway.
    Apologies. no point in getting a 500, i'd wait. So i'd get the 500 right now if its for long term and then you can always upgrade in a few years. I had just seen your post with the 500cc and just assumed you wanted something with a decent amount of power.

Threadstarter
    Do not Trade - Blacklisted
    Permanently
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitehill View Post
    Apologies. no point in getting a 500, i'd wait. So i'd get the 500 right now if its for long term and then you can always upgrade in a few years. I had just seen your post with the 500cc and just assumed you wanted something with a decent amount of power.
    Yeah, the plan is upgrading license as soon as possible, so that I can get full license before 24year old.
    If I upgrade before 22year old, I might get a bike too. And if I do it would be one of these, plus the 500cc will be updated in 2016.
    But still, maybe I just take the license, and get an actual 600cc when I get full license.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12