Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Damn, hopefully you'll get your money back. Threatening him and calling with eBay should indeed be enough.
    I cannot access my Skype at the moment. Looks like it is either deactivated or hacked. DO NOT TRADE THROUGH SKYPE. PM ME

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by KazuhiraM View Post
    Damn, hopefully you'll get your money back. Threatening him and calling with eBay should indeed be enough.
    I called eBay twice already for some steps to approach this situation. Mistake learned is to never sell anything to low feedback people, thought that everyone starts somewhere but after this one, fuck you low new fuckers.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobby. View Post
    I called eBay twice already for some steps to approach this situation. Mistake learned is to never sell anything to low feedback people, thought that everyone starts somewhere but after this one, fuck you low new fuckers.
    High rep still doesn't say anything. Plenty of people who buy high repped accounts to just scam.
    I cannot access my Skype at the moment. Looks like it is either deactivated or hacked. DO NOT TRADE THROUGH SKYPE. PM ME

Thanks
    There is no way you will ever win this eBay dispute. There is literally no way you can prove what the item you sent is with pen & paper. Yeah, you can try scaring him, but if he's using a re-ship or a drop, then you've lost out. I pull this same scam on big sellers (not small eBay individuals) and it's literally impossible to lose as a buyer claiming not as described.

When the buyer will win:
    - Claims not as described on an item he signed for
    - Claims unauthorized access on a digital item etc

When the seller will win:
    - Claims not received but he signed for it
    - Claims unauthorized access on physical item when he signed for it
    - Claims not as described on a digital item <- Useful for getting money off buyers by 'fake selling' digital items

You won't win this case so you'd be better cutting your losses as think about it, there is no way you can prove that the item you sent ISN'T a pile of books like the guy is claiming.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleGuy View Post
    There is no way you will ever win this eBay dispute. There is literally no way you can prove what the item you sent is with pen & paper. Yeah, you can try scaring him, but if he's using a re-ship or a drop, then you've lost out. I pull this same scam on big sellers (not small eBay individuals) and it's literally impossible to lose as a buyer claiming not as described.

When the buyer will win:

- Claims not as described on a digital item <- Useful for getting money off buyers by 'fake selling' digital items

You won't win this case so you'd be better cutting your losses as think about it, there is no way you can prove that the item you sent ISN'T a pile of books like the guy is claiming.
    Well, he can compare the weight of the package if he sent the macbook to the exact weight of the "books"

Always ask for confirmation before and after adding me, I am not responsible if you get scammed by my impersonators

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

When the buyer will win:

so you're telling me ebay is just another way of robbing people with valued items but the sad fact is that you know who the robber is?
    if nothing comes out of this, i'm gonna go get hellllla free shit then.
    the shipment was to a real house in Cali

Thanks
    so you're telling me ebay is just another way of robbing people with valued items but the sad fact is that you know who the robber is?
    if nothing comes out of this, i'm gonna go get hellllla free shit then.
    the shipment was to a real house in Cali
    Well, you can always make paypal stealth accounts and have an ebay account registered to a drop address, so theoretically the guy you sold it to may not even exist. But yeah, I don't think there's ever a chance you'd win this legally as you physically can't prove that you sent the item you say you did.

Think about it this way. If you DID send him books instead of a macbook, how would you pretend and say that you sent a Macbook? It's not possible, it's why eBay buyer protection sucks in this way.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Same thing happened to me, that is why I no longer use E-Bay

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    there was a situation like this that happened with one of my family member, she sells designer bags (expensive) the one she sold was nearly 2k, buyer claimed she never received it or something like that. she was about to fly over to the buyers house and figure things out.

since it's a 2k laptop, if ebay doesn't resolve this, you can personally book a ticket fly over there and solve it, of course get the police involved if buyer won't negotiate, IF you're willing to go that far.

Crossfire Minion: 28 October 2010
    Official Middleman: 20 September 2012
    Trusted Member: 15 February 2013
    Official Middleman: 11 April 2013
    Official Middleman: 10 January 2015
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Global Moderator: 25 December 2012
    Head Administrator: 21 March 2013

ARUNFORCE AND DAVE84311 GAY FOR EACH OTHER

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shane For This Useful Post:

Schuba (10-18-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Well, you can always make paypal stealth accounts and have an ebay account registered to a drop address, so theoretically the guy you sold it to may not even exist. But yeah, I don't think there's ever a chance you'd win this legally as you physically can't prove that you sent the item you say you did.

Think about it this way. If you DID send him books instead of a macbook, how would you pretend and say that you sent a Macbook? It's not possible, it's why eBay buyer protection sucks in this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil View Post
    Same thing happened to me, that is why I no longer use E-Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    there was a situation like this that happened with one of my family member, she sells designer bags (expensive) the one she sold was nearly 2k, buyer claimed she never received it or something like that. she was about to fly over to the buyers house and figure things out.

since it's a 2k laptop, if ebay doesn't resolve this, you can personally book a ticket fly over there and solve it, of course get the police involved if buyer won't negotiate, IF you're willing to go that far.
    with everyone's feedback, sounds like I'm fucked over $2,300 because he's a slimy fuck.
    I have already withdrew the money to my bank, is there anyway I just let the negative balance on my paypal sit?
    this is just pathetic & definitely getting free shit now then if this is how eBay works.

Thanks
    with everyone's feedback, sounds like I'm fucked over $2,300 because he's a slimy fuck.
    I have already withdrew the money to my bank, is there anyway I just let the negative balance on my paypal sit?
    this is just pathetic & definitely getting free shit now then if this is how eBay works.
    Did you even listen to people's advice?

1.) Try to resolve via ebay
    2.) Threaten him
    3.) Go to his location and get the police involved or solo it (get it back yourself if your smart enough to do that)
    Previous Names
    Eternity
    Azathoth

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post

Did you even listen to people's advice?

1.) Try to resolve via ebay
    2.) Threaten him
    3.) Go to his location and get the police involved or solo it (get it back yourself if your smart enough to do that)
    Solving with him now.
    Threaten him too.
    He lives across the world as I'm East Coast and he's in California.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Yep I got negative 1,450$ they sent me an email, called me and sent a letter to my house. . . . one year later? Still nothing. Just let it sit you will be fine and don't use that paypal anymore.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil View Post
    Yep I got negative 1,450$ they sent me an email, called me and sent a letter to my house. . . . one year later? Still nothing. Just let it sit you will be fine and don't use that paypal anymore.
    yeah if I lose, it's just pathetic
    eBay is just a wholesale freebee of scammers.

Thanks
    I read the whole thing and I got pretty pissed that this happened to you, but you just said that you withdrew the money from paypal. If your card is NOT linked to paypal and your bank is NOT linked to paypal then just move on. You got your money.
    Also, fuck paypal and fuck ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    When schuba speaks, people listen

Donator: September 24th, 2014
    News Force: October 17th, 2015 - Current
    News Force Editor: February 4th, 2017 - April, 2017

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Schuba For This Useful Post:

Fujiyama (10-18-2015)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast