Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    WesleyLive0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On the top of the world
    Posts
    315
    Reputation
    48
    Thanks
    53
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Need some laptop help

    My laptop is being a complete ass.

    I have an USB headset, and I used to plug it into my USB3 port and have no problems.
    A few days back I took it out because I had to connect my external HDD to it. When I was done and plugged my headset back in it showed that there was a headset but it refused to play any sound on it.

    I plugged my headset into the other USB port and it worked like normal. But now, for some reason, it doesn't do anything in both USB ports (my mouse and everything else I try plugging into the ports work fine).

    When I play music it shows that Razer Synapse (I use their surround audio with the headset) is playing sound, but there is no sound comming through my headphones.


    Does anyone know whats wrong?

    It also doesn't notice any sound my microphone picks up
    Last edited by WesleyLive0; 01-15-2016 at 06:42 AM.
    hi
    Need me for anything? PM me for my *******!


  2. #2
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Hunter's Window
    Posts
    749
    Reputation
    96
    Thanks
    109
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Get normal headset.


    Donator/Premium since May 2015
    Member of MPGH since March 2015

    100 Posts [Done]
    300 Posts [Done]
    600 Posts [Done]
    1K. Posts [x]

  3. #3
    Nightstep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Bitches ain't shit
    Posts
    291
    Reputation
    20
    Thanks
    278
    Your font makes my bowels eject man.


  4. #4
    COD3RIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Posts
    5,024
    Reputation
    345
    Thanks
    23,882
    My Mood
    Busy
    What is your headset? Make sure you download the software of your headset here some information how to fix your problem http:/dows.microsoft.com/en-usdows/tips-fixing-common-sound-problems#tips-fixing-common-sound-problems=windows-7


    Love you.
    ~Kenshit13
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaterman26 View Post
    COD3RIN PUT A BACKDOOR ON HIS OWN CHEAT HE HACK MY COMPUTER AND MY STEAM, DON'T TRUST THIS GUYS !

  5. #5
    xlux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Right behind ya.
    Posts
    7,243
    Reputation
    532
    Thanks
    815
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Usually, Razer Surround Audio Controller is for Razer products not anything else, there might be your problem, try to uninstall it and see what happens and oh in a side note, laptop has at least 3-4 usb jacks, depending on a laptop, some have extra in the back.
    Post Goals:
     
    6,000
    6,500
    7,000

    7,500
    8,000
    8,500
    9,000

    Thanks Goal:
     
    650
    700
    750
    800

    850
    900
    1,000
    1,500


    Music video:

    Signatures:



    Signature Gif:


  6. #6
    Hydra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    6,496
    Reputation
    615
    Thanks
    4,865
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Did you try enabling other audio speakers listed on that picture? Sometimes it just messes up and you have to enable bunch of shit to find it. If that isn't the problem, right click on the sound options and hit "show disabled devices" try finding your headset. If that doesn't work... Try doing the methods those guys above me told ya.

  7. #7
    WesleyLive0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On the top of the world
    Posts
    315
    Reputation
    48
    Thanks
    53
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by theanonymoussniffer View Post
    Get normal headset.
    Its not because of the headset, its because of the laptop ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstep View Post
    Your font makes my bowels eject man.
    Sucks to be you <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sander The Panda View Post
    Usually, Razer Surround Audio Controller is for Razer products not anything else, there might be your problem, try to uninstall it and see what happens and oh in a side note, laptop has at least 3-4 usb jacks, depending on a laptop, some have extra in the back.
    Uninstalled, but no results... And, my laptop only has 2 usb jacks, 2 on the side next to eachother and none on the back
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
    Did you try enabling other audio speakers listed on that picture? Sometimes it just messes up and you have to enable bunch of shit to find it. If that isn't the problem, right click on the sound options and hit "show disabled devices" try finding your headset. If that doesn't work... Try doing the methods those guys above me told ya.
    Have tried that many times, but nothing
    hi
    Need me for anything? PM me for my *******!


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to WesleyLive0 For This Useful Post:

    Nightstep (01-17-2016)

  9. #8
    xlux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Right behind ya.
    Posts
    7,243
    Reputation
    532
    Thanks
    815
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyLive0 View Post


    Its not because of the headset, its because of the laptop ._.


    Sucks to be you <3


    Uninstalled, but no results... And, my laptop only has 2 usb jacks, 2 on the side next to eachother and none on the back


    Have tried that many times, but nothing
    Then you should try to get a USB jack which has more usb ports than one.
    Post Goals:
     
    6,000
    6,500
    7,000

    7,500
    8,000
    8,500
    9,000

    Thanks Goal:
     
    650
    700
    750
    800

    850
    900
    1,000
    1,500


    Music video:

    Signatures:



    Signature Gif:


  10. #9
    WesleyLive0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On the top of the world
    Posts
    315
    Reputation
    48
    Thanks
    53
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Well as an update, there is progress. Last night, suddenly, sound worked again while I was playing LoL and everything was fine again. But this morning it shows I have no sound, when I hover over the sound icon it says "The Audio service is not running" while I do have sound comming from my headphones.

    I went to services.msc and checked Windows Audio and it isn't running but I also can't start it. (When right clicking, the start button is greyed out)

    Any ideas?
    hi
    Need me for anything? PM me for my *******!


  11. #10
    xlux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Right behind ya.
    Posts
    7,243
    Reputation
    532
    Thanks
    815
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyLive0 View Post
    Well as an update, there is progress. Last night, suddenly, sound worked again while I was playing LoL and everything was fine again. But this morning it shows I have no sound, when I hover over the sound icon it says "The Audio service is not running" while I do have sound comming from my headphones.

    I went to services.msc and checked Windows Audio and it isn't running but I also can't start it. (When right clicking, the start button is greyed out)

    Any ideas?
    All your solutions are just by one click away and a little bit of typing to Google Search; Tips fixing common sound problems or Google Search Ready
    Post Goals:
     
    6,000
    6,500
    7,000

    7,500
    8,000
    8,500
    9,000

    Thanks Goal:
     
    650
    700
    750
    800

    850
    900
    1,000
    1,500


    Music video:

    Signatures:



    Signature Gif:


  12. #11
    EL Surenzo dA KK Caponeiyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Underground city
    Posts
    3,674
    Reputation
    503
    Thanks
    1,748
    My Mood
    Drunk


    Try that, while keeping your headset plugged into the USB3 port, uninstall the driver then restart

  13. #12
    WesleyLive0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On the top of the world
    Posts
    315
    Reputation
    48
    Thanks
    53
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by ¥ÊŠ.ÏĂM View Post


    Try that, while keeping your headset plugged into the USB3 port, uninstall the driver then restart

    That was one of the first things I've tried actually, I hoped it would work but nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sander The Panda View Post


    All your solutions are just by one click away and a little bit of typing to Google Search; Tips fixing common sound problems or Google Search Ready
    I wouldn't be asking here if I haven't tried nearly all of the things mentioned in the links
    hi
    Need me for anything? PM me for my *******!


  14. #13
    xlux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Right behind ya.
    Posts
    7,243
    Reputation
    532
    Thanks
    815
    My Mood
    Amazed
    So do you NOW have audio or not? Even if you hover over the audio thing in taskbar, you still can right click on it and open a mixer or just simply left click it, I have (X) on it as-well with the audio service is not running, lmao
    Post Goals:
     
    6,000
    6,500
    7,000

    7,500
    8,000
    8,500
    9,000

    Thanks Goal:
     
    650
    700
    750
    800

    850
    900
    1,000
    1,500


    Music video:

    Signatures:



    Signature Gif:


  15. #14
    Schuba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Music
    Posts
    3,550
    Reputation
    488
    Thanks
    848
    So glad I don't have a Windows anymore. The sound issues with those fuckers are so annoying.
    Don't know how to help you tho SRY
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    When schuba speaks, people listen



     

     
    Joined: November 27th, 2012
    Donator: September 24th, 2014
    News Force: October 17th, 2015 - Current
    News Force Editor: February 4th, 2017 - April, 2017

     


  16. #15
    WesleyLive0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On the top of the world
    Posts
    315
    Reputation
    48
    Thanks
    53
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Sander The Panda View Post
    So do you NOW have audio or not? Even if you hover over the audio thing in taskbar, you still can right click on it and open a mixer or just simply left click it, I have (X) on it as-well with the audio service is not running, lmao
    Nope, don't have audio
    hi
    Need me for anything? PM me for my *******!


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Getting a laptop, need some basic help.
    By koolguyy in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2014, 03:15 AM
  2. [Help Request] Need Some Quick Help With IPB Board API
    By pilotberry in forum C++/C Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 11:52 PM
  3. [Help Request] I need some assistance. Help? ;D
    By Lychees in forum Vindictus Help
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 12:50 PM
  4. [Help Request] I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP
    By Jawkneeboi in forum CrossFire Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 08:16 PM
  5. [Help Request] I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP. PLEASE.
    By GoGrandma in forum Combat Arms Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 11:07 AM