Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Eternity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    11,027
    Reputation
    1839
    Thanks
    5,414

    Concerns about the premium tag

    I was just browsing thread and posting some quality spam like usual and I noticed:

    I was just wondering can't new members just buy this and use it to scam?Because you know there threads standing out and all.... (I am not calling out the above mentioned person as a potential scammer but instead I am using him as a example)
    Let me know what you think.
    Previous Names
    Eternity
    Azathoth


    Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

    "Endless Void."



  2. #2
    Cohen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,405
    Reputation
    362
    Thanks
    742
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Common sense should play a big role here.
    Just because someone bought premium seller doesn't mean they won't scam you, it just gives the person the ability to stand out from others more.
    If someone is new, be extra careful when doing any type of deal with them. Even if someone is an old user, you should still be somewhat careful.

    My only Skype: whaisom3d


  3. #3
    Eternity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    11,027
    Reputation
    1839
    Thanks
    5,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post
    Common sense should play a big role here.
    Just because someone bought premium seller doesn't mean they won't scam you, it just gives the person the ability to stand out from others more.
    If someone is new, be extra careful when doing any type of deal with them. Even if someone is an old user, you should still be somewhat careful.
    Tell that to all the 12 year old who do the market crap.


    - - - Updated - - -

    And sure there are smart 12 year old but a majority of them are not so I was just worried, sorry
    Previous Names
    Eternity
    Azathoth


    Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

    "Endless Void."



  4. #4
    Terror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,613
    Reputation
    221
    Thanks
    363
    Are there requirements for getting the Premium Seller, or no? Because it does make it easier to scam if you are a scammer, because new members will automatically think you are trustworthy.

    Edit: Yeah, common sense helps and also like to add, it is risky trying to scam people, since you paid 100 dollars to get the tag.
    Last edited by Terror; 03-29-2016 at 02:05 AM.

  5. #5
    Cohen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,405
    Reputation
    362
    Thanks
    742
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror View Post
    Are there requirements for getting the Premium Seller, or no? Because it does make it easier to scam if you are a scammer, because new members will automatically think you are trustworthy.
    No, there are no special requirements other than you have to pay $100 (I believe).

    My only Skype: whaisom3d


  6. #6
    Eternity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    11,027
    Reputation
    1839
    Thanks
    5,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror View Post
    Are there requirements for getting the Premium Seller, or no? Because it does make it easier to scam if you are a scammer, because new members will automatically think you are trustworthy.

    Edit: Yeah, common sense helps and also like to add, it is risky trying to scam people, since you paid 100 dollars to get the tag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post

    No, there are no special requirements other than you have to pay $100 (I believe).
    (this is a hypothetical situation)
    Say I wanted to scam, I could alwayys buy the premium tag and make my thread stand out and sell something for say like 200 dollar (happens often) and then turn a hundered dollar profit, sure i may be banned but I can always use vpns and what not....
    Previous Names
    Eternity
    Azathoth


    Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

    "Endless Void."



  7. #7
    Gaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    𝙎𝙪𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙙𝙖𝙡 ♥‿♥
    Posts
    6,408
    Reputation
    852
    Thanks
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post



    (this is a hypothetical situation)
    Say I wanted to scam, I could alwayys buy the premium tag and make my thread stand out and sell something for say like 200 dollar (happens often) and then turn a hundered dollar profit, sure i may be banned but I can always use vpns and what not....
    Well you should be good with anything under $100 otherwise the scammer would be losing money, of course if the user does 4 deals of $50 he would be making money so either way you should be careful.

  8. #8
    Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    30,004
    Reputation
    5407
    Thanks
    8,004
    My Mood
    Lurking
    better ban all steak knives before someone stabs someone

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvmrROz7Plo




    VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Austin For This Useful Post:

    Riigged (03-29-2016)

Similar Threads

  1. What's the premium tag?
    By June in forum General
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-05-2015, 01:48 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 10:24 PM
  3. News report about the piratebay raid.. etc
    By gunot in forum General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-30-2006, 09:32 PM