Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I'm unsure how my thread became a Government conspiracy, but it's awesome to read haha. I'm inclined to wonder is if we've ever done anything to get the attention of the actual government. Local governments, game devs, etc. Those seem to be what we really have the attention of, and as long as you're smart with the things you do, it'll be difficult for them to create a valid case for investigation to be opened up against you by the Federal Government.

The first warrior looked out on the land that was his home, he saw the hills, and the stars. He was happy. For giving him his home, he told the mighty spirit he would fight and win many battles in his honor. But the great sprit said "No do not fight for me, fight for your tribe. Fight for the family born to you. Fight for the brothers you find. Fight for them. The great spirity said. For they, are your home."
    -To be discovered

Let's have a chat!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by QLK View Post
    It will though. Everything is literately traced.
    Some VPN providers don't keep logs, mainly the ones that allow P2P connections (torrenting) because the authorities request providers to hand over logs when they suspect someone of torrenting copyrighted content using that provider.That's what @LOnE_WoLF was trying to say (with more detail).

Quote Originally Posted by LOnE_WoLF View Post
    no it wont you can tunnel through multiple 'no log' VPNs and use 3 layers of encryption and not even the NSA will be able to break it
    It's not that they wouldn't be able to break it, it's that there are only so many resources and time they can put into certain things.
    But yeah, if you make it hard enough for them they won't bother to try.

My only Skype: whaisom3d

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cohen For This Useful Post:

LOnE_WoLF (04-30-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post

Some VPN providers don't keep logs, mainly the ones that allow P2P connections (torrenting) because the authorities request providers to hand over logs when they suspect someone of torrenting copyrighted content using that provider.That's what @LOnE_WoLF was trying to say (with more detail).

It's not that they wouldn't be able to break it, it's that there are only so many resources and time they can put into certain things.
    Yeah I find it hard to believe they couldn't break it but that's what I've been told. Things may have changed since then but at the very least they have to jump through hoops to catch you over something as dumb as pirating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spode. View Post
    I'm unsure how my thread became a Government conspiracy, but it's awesome to read haha. I'm inclined to wonder is if we've ever done anything to get the attention of the actual government. Local governments, game devs, etc. Those seem to be what we really have the attention of, and as long as you're smart with the things you do, it'll be difficult for them to create a valid case for investigation to be opened up against you by the Federal Government.
    This isn't a conspiracy theory the NSA actually exists and data mines. The way it came up is because VPNs are used for privacy sometimes. It would be really easy for the feds to catch someone if they didn't cover their tracks well enough.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    This isn't a conspiracy theory the NSA actually exists and data mines. The way it came up is because VPNs are used for privacy sometimes.
    Oh I'm in no doubt that these things exist. I think it's funny that people are in actual fear of them. Most of us aren't cyber terrorists, we're just normal people making awesome choices. There's no solid case with actual feasible evidence for most people. People are nervous for little to no reason.

The first warrior looked out on the land that was his home, he saw the hills, and the stars. He was happy. For giving him his home, he told the mighty spirit he would fight and win many battles in his honor. But the great sprit said "No do not fight for me, fight for your tribe. Fight for the family born to you. Fight for the brothers you find. Fight for them. The great spirity said. For they, are your home."
    -To be discovered

Let's have a chat!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Oh I'm in no doubt that these things exist. I think it's funny that people are in actual fear of them. Most of us aren't cyber terrorists, we're just normal people making awesome choices. There's no solid case with actual feasible evidence for most people. People are nervous for little to no reason.
    Or people would rather that their life stays as private as possible.

My only Skype: whaisom3d

Thanks
    PureVPN is great

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post

Alright, thanks for clarifying I was a bit confused.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    i'm concerned with my own privacy theres multiple cases the government has spied on civilians for reasons other then them being 'cyber terrorists' or even labeling them terrorists to proceed with an investigation the same way they attack protesters and say they're 'homegrown terrorists' for peacefully assembling and entrap them into being violent so they can charge them this is getting really off topic but i enjoy my privacy is all i have nothing to hide

Thanks
    GUYS! What is a good and cheap vpn for NETFLIX? I use Hotspot shield and it works perfectly for netflix on my main computer but does not work in my laptop.
    Anyone know a good and cheap vpn that Netflix cannot detect?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    i'm concerned with my own privacy theres multiple cases the government has spied on civilians for reasons other then them being 'cyber terrorists' or even labeling them terrorists to proceed with an investigation the same way they attack protesters and say they're 'homegrown terrorists' for peacefully assembling and entrap them into being violent so they can charge them this is getting really off topic but i enjoy my privacy is all i have nothing to hide
    Concerns of privacy in this regard is very true. I agree entirely at this point, youve convinced me haha.

-To be discovered

Let's have a chat!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12