Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Thoughts on yee_lmao1 situation?

Not sure if you guys have been keeping up with /r/globaloffensive, but anyway there was a reddit user yee_lmao1 who started predicting numerous roster/organization moves, as well as map picks, and a new CSGO update, amongst other things before they occurred.( sums up all of the things that he predicted before they happened). Anyway, after correctly stating that these things would happen beforehand, he was hailed as a god. It's clear from this point that the user had inside sources, though he claimed he wasn't affiliated with ESL/Valve/ or the pro scene in general. Regardless, after building that reputation, he listed out a significant list of players that he claimed were hacking including names like olof, krimz, apex, fallen, flusha, byali, steel(LG) amongst a very large group. He claimed that almost every team had "a guy" and that NiP was the only team to win a major that was clean. He said that Valve is actually aware of all this and that they aren't gonna do anything unless they get VAC/game banned like KQLY or called out by someone like Richard Lewis(ex iBP case). (Screenshots of all his posts before he deleted his acc https://pastebin.com/PeKCHq3n). Then all of a sudden, 1-2 days ago he deleted his reddit account, privated his Twitter, and made a new one in which he stated that everything about the roster moves was him, but that he got hacked and it wasn't him when his account posted about the hacking players. This to me signals that he was clearly paid off or threatened by either the players or Valve because his writing and humour style were consistent throughout all his posts, and c'mon we're not stupid. Richard Lewis also confirmed that he knows this guy from before. He is more than likely someone who is leeching off leaked ESL info, as well as a potential backdoor to Steam cloud(which would explain stuff like knowing the updates). To me, it was clear from a while back that hacking was still an issue, but didn't think so to this extent. What do you guys think? Is what he's saying about all these guys hacking legit? Or is this just an undercover insider who is trying to create controversy for the tournament? The one thing I don't understand is why a pro player like Shahzam, or anyone who ultimately ends up failing, wouldn't just snitch all these guys out. Anyway, curious to see what you guys think.
    Last edited by GetVandalized; 06-15-2016 at 03:15 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    maybe insider info?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Dude's backing off of his cheating accusations btw (said he never said those things and that he was hacked, which is obviously bullshit).

Either he made the cheating allegations up, or is covering something up to save his own ass (probably threatened with legal action.)

Quote Originally Posted by GetVandalized View Post
    The one thing I don't understand is why a pro player like Shahzam, or anyone who ultimately ends up failing, wouldn't just snitch all these guys out.
    Same reason that cheating goes unrecognized for years in pro sports like Cycling and baseball, athletes were juicing for years, and those in the know kept their mouths shut.
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
    maybe insider info?
    Yeah, well it's clear that he has some inside source. Whether that is leaked ESL info, or he is just undercover under some alias. The thing I'm wondering is about the validity of his hacking claims.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    Dude's backing off of his cheating accusations btw (said he never said those things and that he was hacked, which is obviously bullshit).

Either he made the cheating allegations up, or is covering something up to save his own ass (probably threatened with legal action.)

Same reason that cheating goes unrecognized for years in pro sports like Cycling and baseball, athletes were juicing for years, and those in the know kept their mouths shut.
    Yeah, I included the bit about him backing up on those claims on Twitter. And fair point.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Hacking definitively goes on so much. Theres been some undeniable proof with fake walls where people accidently aimlock heads.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    Hacking definitively goes on so much. Theres been some undeniable proof with fake walls where people accidently aimlock heads.
    Yeah, but for it to be done at this scale really makes you wonder. It would make sense if some of the usual suspects like byali and flusha and them were accused, but 3 out of the 5 in LG were accused, and the fact that they just won the major after being a nothing team makes you really wonder. Regardless, if proven(which I doubt cuz Valve would try and cover it up), would be a huge blow to esports and CSGO.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    This shit's gone to fair with hacking in CSGO. The point where NiP is the only team to win a major clean is interesting. I believe they were the first team to ever win a major (correct me if I'm wrong ). Ever since that they for some reason went on a steady decline and somehow teams were beating them. I feel like it has something to do with hacks.
    Also all of fnatic probs hacks.
    Also fuck all of em apart from Apex. I liked apex.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I'd love to see a pro get banned
    NightOwl

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by flex1178 View Post
    There's been many. I believe this is what you call a "shitpost". <3 ilysm

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flex1178 View Post
    I'd love to see a pro team get banned.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by AltsShop View Post
    I'd love to see a pro team get banned.
    "iBP"? Wasn't due to hacking but the team got banned. Apart from Skadoodle because he couldn't trade the skins. LMAO
    But yeah the organization is and team and 4 members are banned from any valve related majors.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -Panda- View Post
    "iBP"? Wasn't due to hacking but the team got banned. Apart from Skadoodle because he couldn't trade the skins. LMAO
    But yeah the organization is and team and 4 members are banned from any valve related majors.
    That's fucking hilarious.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by AltsShop View Post
    That's fucking hilarious.
    You should do some research. It was pretty stupid. Match fixing, shows no matter what sport you will always eventually get caught!
    All of the players that got banned are toxic as fuck anyway.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -Panda- View Post
    You should do some research. It was pretty stupid. Match fixing, shows no matter what sport you will always eventually get caught!
    All of the players that got banned are toxic as fuck anyway.
    The whole community is Toxic, not only the pro players, sadly.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    This could be a huge scandal of it is true lmao. I hate how he bitched out and is now trying to go against what was said previously tho.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast