Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Dested's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Six
    Posts
    2,823
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    198
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

    Exclamation Science class discussion...

    "fealings are hormones and psychologically we are all equal and stupid for looking at life any different then chemical reactions going off in our brain cells in a certain order making us have "personalities"...really it comes down to sex and reproduction and how much u can provide for your future children. But the problem is were fucking up our future generations by elimination natural selection with all or fancy medical shit, so now our kids have genetic disease and cancer cause their parents were kept alive long enough to reproduce before they died and left their children that ...have crazy medical bills for tax payers Everything is linked and we've fucked up the chain"


    Something that cam up during science class..... what you guys think?

    Subscribe + Rate!

  2. #2
    Gourav2122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    12,531
    Reputation
    212
    Thanks
    2,026
    My Mood
    Dead
    LOLOLOOLOLOOOLOOLOLOLOOL

    thnx for the good laugh..

    ahh... that is some good bullshit..

  3. #3
    radnomguywfq3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    J:\E\T\A\M\A\Y.exe
    Posts
    8,858
    Reputation
    381
    Thanks
    1,813
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by dw3fan View Post
    "fealings are hormones and psychologically we are all equal and stupid for looking at life any different then chemical reactions going off in our brain cells in a certain order making us have "personalities"...really it comes down to sex and reproduction and how much u can provide for your future children. But the problem is were fucking up our future generations by elimination natural selection with all or fancy medical shit, so now our kids have genetic disease and cancer cause their parents were kept alive long enough to reproduce before they died and left their children that ...have crazy medical bills for tax payers Everything is linked and we've fucked up the chain"


    Something that cam up during science class..... what you guys think?
    I think natural selection still exists, but in a different way.

    The human body is not at the top of the food-chain because it's strong, fast, or physically dangerous. It's at the top because it can think. It can logically respond to events, and make decisions leading to a preferable outcome.

    If our knowledge was limited, we would have died out years ago.



    There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

    If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?


  4. #4
    Dested's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Six
    Posts
    2,823
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    198
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourav2122 View Post
    LOLOLOOLOLOOOLOOLOLOLOOL

    thnx for the good laugh..

    ahh... that is some good bullshit..
    It a theory not bullshit :/

    Subscribe + Rate!

  5. #5
    LegendaryAbbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,244
    Reputation
    23
    Thanks
    546
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by dw3fan View Post
    It a theory not bullshit :/
    A theory is something that needs to be proven or dis-proven. It has been dis-proven so now it is bullshit

  6. #6
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    While I agree with the initial statement (ie. emotions are chemical reactions and not feeler-arrows shot out by cupid), however I would disagree with the second half, we have no business defining some people as "worthy of death" because they have poor genetics. Employing eugenics would require the sacrifice of the very core our human principles, our human rights. As the species with the highest consciousness, it's our responsibility to nerf nature when it comes to the continued survival of our species. However natural Selection is still in effect regardless of how difficult we're making it for nature. I won't belittle this question, it is something that needs consideration, and there may not be a easy answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    The human body is not at the top of the food-chain because it's strong, fast, or physically dangerous. It's at the top because it can think.
    Oh I would disagree with you there. We are not on top of the food chain, far from it. It's only been by the grace of non-existent god that ebola zaire hasn't raped the human species. We have to remember that viruses are on top, they are the eternal survivors, they mutate and adapt to changing environments so quickly that are and will always be a genuine threat to the human race. One lucky mutation in EZ, it becoming air-borne, and we're all fucked, I'm talking about 90% of the earth's population gone in a period of 2 months.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 03-08-2010 at 12:14 AM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  7. #7
    Dested's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Six
    Posts
    2,823
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    198
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Paroxysm GTFO smarty pants, go take some AP classes jk

    Subscribe + Rate!

  8. #8
    radnomguywfq3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    J:\E\T\A\M\A\Y.exe
    Posts
    8,858
    Reputation
    381
    Thanks
    1,813
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Oh I would disagree with you there. We are not on top of the food chain, far from it. It's only been by the grace of non-existent god that ebola zaire hasn't raped the human species. We have to remember that viruses are on top, they are the eternal survivors, they mutate and adapt to changing environments so quickly that are and will always be a genuine threat to the human race. One lucky mutation in EZ, it becoming air-borne, and we're all fucked, I'm talking about 90% of the earth's population gone in a period of 2 months.
    Sir, a food chain consists of biotic components(Living organisms or species). Viruses are not considered to be alive or biotic components, and thus they are not a component in the food chain.

    Your argument is invalid.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 03-08-2010 at 12:22 AM.



    There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

    If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?


  9. #9
    Gourav2122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    12,531
    Reputation
    212
    Thanks
    2,026
    My Mood
    Dead
    DEATH TO WEAK AND POOR
    RA RA RA RAAAAA

    natural selection is all up in yo face... BIOTCH!

  10. #10
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    Sir, a food chain consists of biotic components(Living organisms or species). Viruses are not considered to be alive or biotic components, and thus they are not a component in the food chain.

    Your argument is invalid.
    I'll concede the point in the strictest defintion, but my argument still stands, when I say food chain I mean it in the colloquial sense. (I'll try to be more specific next time) Viruses are neither alive nor dead, they are real zombies. They seek to replicate irrespective of the medium they use, while they lack the cognitive faculties we so proudly flaunt, they make up for it with pure numbers. Maybe I've just spent a little to much time on studying virology but don't think for a second that just because we are the most intelligent species on the planet, we are the most likely to survive.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  11. #11
    radnomguywfq3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    J:\E\T\A\M\A\Y.exe
    Posts
    8,858
    Reputation
    381
    Thanks
    1,813
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    I'll concede the point in the strictest defintion, but my argument still stands, when I say food chain I mean it in the colloquial sense. (I'll try to be more specific next time) Viruses are neither alive nor dead, they are real zombies. They seek to replicate irrespective of the medium they use, while they lack the cognitive faculties we so proudly flaunt, they make up for it with pure numbers. Maybe I've just spent a little to much time on studying virology but don't think for a second that just because we are the most intelligent species on the planet, we are the most likely to survive.
    Why should I think otherwise? No other living organism(or virus for that matter) has come close to threatening the existence of the human species in the past(at least none I've heard of). Maybe thousands of years ago, but even then, our population was too spread out for viruses to threaten our species.

    Viruses do have their weaknesses. Consider a virus needs a host to reproduce, and survive(at least for longer then a couple of days). This makes it difficult for a virus in one region to live after killing off all the species in it's general area. It would need hosts between itself and another uninfected body of living & suitable hosts.

    What I'm trying to say is: Sure, they can wipe-out whole cities, but they don't get much further then that without more hosts to lead it to another body of hosts. Hopefully with population control, our population will never be dense enough for viruses to be a threat to our species.

    * Holy fuck I made a lot of grammar errors *
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 03-08-2010 at 12:54 AM.



    There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

    If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?


  12. #12
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    Why should I think otherwise? No other living organism(or virus for that matter) has come close to threatening the existence of the human species in the past(at least none I've heard of). Maybe thousands of years ago, but even then, our population was too spread out for viruses to threaten our species.

    Viruses do have their weaknesses. Consider a virus needs a host to reproduce, and survive(at least for longer then a couple of days). This makes it difficult for a virus in one region to live after killing off all the species in it's general area. It would need hosts between itself and another uninfected body of living & suitable hosts.

    What I'm trying to say is: Sure, they can wipe-out whole cities, but they don't get much further then that without more hosts to lead it to another body of hosts.
    In the past viruses we're not a threat to the entire human species (but let's not kid ourselves the Black Plague, Yellow Fever, any number of the Filoviridae viruses), but we live in a day and age when a single individual can get on a plane and infect hundreds of people going all over the world, and depending on a viruses incubation time, a hot virus can spread over the entire planet in a matter of hours. It's only been through the efforts of the World Health Organization, USAMRIID and other organizations that we've avoided a worldwide epidemic. Jetamay, we are much smaller then we would like ourselves to be. Biosafety 4 viruses tend to be constrained to the tropics of central Africa and underlying nations but it's only a matter of time until these agents spread. We're talking about pathogens that make malaria look like the common cold.

    Fuck I need to go to sleep.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  13. #13
    radnomguywfq3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    J:\E\T\A\M\A\Y.exe
    Posts
    8,858
    Reputation
    381
    Thanks
    1,813
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    In the past viruses we're not a threat to the entire human species (but let's not kid ourselves the Black Plague, Yellow Fever, any number of the Filoviridae viruses), but we live in a day and age when a single individual can get on a plane and infect hundreds of people going all over the world, and depending on a viruses incubation time, a hot virus can spread over the entire planet in a matter of hours. It's only been through the efforts of the World Health Organization, USAMRIID and other organizations that we've avoided a worldwide epidemic. Jetamay, we are much smaller then we would like ourselves to be. Biosafety 4 viruses tend to be constrained to the tropics of central Africa and underlying nations but it's only a matter of time until these agents spread. We're talking about pathogens that make malaria look like the common cold.

    Fuck I need to go to sleep.
    Threatening a content is far from threatening the human race. However, I agree with what you're saying. Though, a real threat to the entire human race is unlikely. We're talking about a virus spreading through the entire word. Hot, cold, wet, and dry environments. Across large masses of unoccupied land, and into provinces\states with few population and far less tourism\immigration. Before they're affected, they'll be aware of the virus. If it was really threatening the human species, they'd take precautions; for example, wearing a mask or a protective suit. Also, factor in the host into the viruses ability to spread. The host will have a reason for going everywhere, and will not mindlessly immigrate to counties they have something against, or lack reason to visit.

    Aside from that, what you're saying makes complete sense, and I agree.

    Sorry for my late reply. I've been busy.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 03-08-2010 at 07:14 AM.



    There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

    If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?


  14. #14
    AVGN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    15,500
    Reputation
    1710
    Thanks
    6,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourav2122 View Post
    DEATH TO WEAK AND POOR
    RA RA RA RAAAAA

    natural selection is all up in yo face... BIOTCH!
    You must support the Obama heath care plan then...



    ^Thanks to RJ^




Similar Threads

  1. T.N.T In science class
    By |ŢH|ßrânza in forum General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 11:06 PM
  2. [Discussion]Best Class
    By cenet1 in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 07:34 PM
  3. [DISCUSSION] What Gun For every Class?
    By Custom.™ in forum Alliance of Valiant Arms (AVA) Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 01:21 AM
  4. Guild Wars New Classes
    By Chronologix in forum General Gaming
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 09:46 AM
  5. [Tutorial]Change class without respawn
    By vir2000 in forum Game Hacking Tutorials
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 02:47 PM