The mouth of the just shall meditate wisdom
    And his tongue shall speak judgment
    Blessed is the man who resists temptation
    For when he is proven he shall receive a crown of life
    Lord, Fire Divine, have mercy
    O how holy, how serene
    How benign, how comforting,
    O Lily of Purity.
    Last edited by Arhk; 04-17-2010 at 03:09 PM.
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

"True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "A man is determined by the strength of his will."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even
    in the face of uncertainty." - Arhk

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    depressing music from an anime i didn't really like for its lack of story.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Elfen Lied, one of the best openings ever.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Well, I was a couple seconds away from suicide.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Melancholy is about feeling something and reaching out for that feeling whether it's something happy sad or otherwise. I feel melancholy when I think about what it would be like to have a world without taint and where everyone had nothing but smiles, it inspires melancholy, it's not necessarily sadness but the longing for something, and that longing can be a mixed feeling of sadness and happiness. Happiness because you can envision it in your head and practically feel as if you could touch it, that thing that makes you feel utter elated euphoria once you think about it. And of course slight sadness because you can see it so clearly but you've yet to bring it to the light of reality. But once you feel melancholy for long enough you have to make the decision between being frustrated and letting go of those goals or reach out for them completely willing to dedicate your life to whatever that cause is.

Information technology as we know it, is from the unions of people with similar Melancholies, to make the internet a grand exchange for information and no longer have the world cut off from one another, being able to reach each-other in an instant with things like websites and online communities which before the actual advent of the internet and even in the beginning was a completely abstract concept and it was left up to the people of the internet a bit later to come up with forums, and online communities as we know them today.
    The same with the fun visual effects CGI has brought us today, 3D, shocking imaginative things like vivid shaders and color effects that make Angels look like actual Angels with the gloss of modern technology. Without the people on the frontier with their Melancholies we wouldn't even have a base to stand on, for the fun games we play.
    The guys from Bell labs (and even Alexander Graham Bell) and the frontier men working on the internet would be proud of what their vision brought forth, before something is reality it is always a ridiculous melancholy.
    If you were to confront a man from the 1940's with a high def 3D graphics fantasy game, he would simply be astonished and would be as ridiculously impossible to him as transportation by teleportation, cyborgs, fast than light speed travel, fast cheap cosmetic surgeries (maybe add some wings for your angel costume party tonight), convenient portable device for holographic imaging, is today to some people.
    Last edited by Arhk; 04-17-2010 at 11:30 PM.
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

"True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "A man is determined by the strength of his will."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even
    in the face of uncertainty." - Arhk