Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 146
  1. #91
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post


    I believe in God because the truth of believing in nothing supernatural at all is depressing.
    ~
    But I have speculated on true Atheism for a long time so I just know what it's like to truly look from that kind of perspective full on.

    You're also getting a bit tempered because you obviously haven't speculated on true atheism /


    Are you at anytime going to bring a coherent argument?
    1. Just because something is unpleasant doesn't make it invalid. I don't like cabbage juice but I still think it exists. Just because you don't like the idea that there is no objective meaning to life doesn't mean there is.
    2. There is no "true atheism", if you want to ascribe religious connotations to atheism that's your prerogative but does nothing for our discussion.
    3. Stop strawmaning atheism and maybe we can get somewhere.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  2. #92
    Super Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cloud and thunder, storm and rain, I will summon these elements to bring you the most intense pain.
    Posts
    2,833
    Reputation
    164
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    I'll stop drilling you for answers, however I do have one more. Is there a sect of Buddhism that doesn't accept the supernatural aspects of Buddhism but only the ethical teachings of Buddha? I'm aware that there are Buddhist-Atheists but I'm not sure what they call themselves, something like secular-Buddhists? I would be far more inclined to accept a secular-Buddhist stance than any other ideology. Of course I would need to do a big more research on the moral teachings of Buddha.
    Hmm, there isn't what you should call a ''section'', it's just how far people are concerned to go.
    And every Monk is at the same time an Atheist, because the Bhuddism religion doesn't accept the existence of a God nor a Soul.
    You could say, that Siddhārtha Gautama, A.K.A Buddha, is our God, but scientists can tell that he was born in approx 500, and died in approx 420.
    There's a lot of evidence, that he is real.
    You could see Siddhārtha Gautama as our God, but then in a different aspect as Allah, the christian God and so on.
    Last edited by Super Martin; 06-11-2010 at 08:16 AM.

  3. #93
    Boombox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Z OO MIN , IN THE FOreign ⛽️🚓
    Posts
    17,554
    Reputation
    3469
    Thanks
    3,963
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post


    Naws you don't.
    I do.

    Quote Originally Posted by DnsLeak View Post
    Yes I agree with this guy. Boombox is a most retard shit mpgh staff I ever know. Previously a user open scam report open on me saying that I bitcoin double spent him and this shit Boombox shit talk and agree on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    hahahah boombox is a piece of shit who deserves CS

  4. #94
    Arhk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,619
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    217
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post


    Are you at anytime going to bring a coherent argument?
    1. Just because something is unpleasant doesn't make it invalid. I don't like cabbage juice but I still think it exists. Just because you don't like the idea that there is no objective meaning to life doesn't mean there is.
    2. There is no "true atheism", if you want to ascribe religious connotations to atheism that's your prerogative but does nothing for our discussion.
    3. Stop strawmaning atheism and maybe we can get somewhere.
    It's not an argument / you're the one trying to argue religious aspects while I've been arguing purpose and existence I updated my post on the previous page if you want to check it out feel free.
    ~
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

    "True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "A man is determined by the strength of his will."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even
    in the face of uncertainty." - Arhk



  5. #95
    Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    666
    Posts
    12,422
    Reputation
    286
    Thanks
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by m0n0x1d3 View Post


    I do.
    Post was it is then thick shit.

  6. #96
    Boombox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Z OO MIN , IN THE FOreign ⛽️🚓
    Posts
    17,554
    Reputation
    3469
    Thanks
    3,963
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post


    Post was it is then thick shit.
    means die by boredom

    Quote Originally Posted by DnsLeak View Post
    Yes I agree with this guy. Boombox is a most retard shit mpgh staff I ever know. Previously a user open scam report open on me saying that I bitcoin double spent him and this shit Boombox shit talk and agree on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    hahahah boombox is a piece of shit who deserves CS

  7. #97
    Superpunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,396
    Reputation
    31
    Thanks
    115
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post
    The brand of Atheism out there today is I believe in the power of the-self I am my own God, whatever I believe to have purpose has purpose. But that ideal only works well when applied to the idea of living and not the idea of existence.[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    I think, and therefor exist.


  8. #98
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post


    It's not an argument / you're the one trying to argue religious aspects while I've been arguing purpose and existence I updated my post on the previous page if you want to check it out feel free.
    ~
    I know what you're arguing about. Just because we can't find an objective purpose to life doesn't mean we can't have a purpose, we can define our own purpose and that's where your argument falls apart. A subjective purpose is a purpose none the less.

    Quote Originally Posted by Superpunt View Post
    I think, and therefor exist.
    Woah there Rene, that's getting deep. /S
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  9. #99
    Super Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cloud and thunder, storm and rain, I will summon these elements to bring you the most intense pain.
    Posts
    2,833
    Reputation
    164
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    I know what you're arguing about. Just because we can't find an objective purpose to life doesn't mean we can't have a purpose, we can define our own purpose and that's where your argument falls apart. A subjective purpose is a purpose none the less.



    Woah there Rene, that's getting deep. /S
    Could you also answer my statement? Or do you call it a day for me?

  10. #100
    Arhk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,619
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    217
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    I know what you're arguing about. Just because we can't find an objective purpose to life doesn't mean we can't have a purpose, we can define our own purpose and that's where your argument falls apart. A subjective purpose is a purpose none the less.
    In that perspective yes, but a subjective purpose is a self validated purpose nonetheless (that is if you don't believe in any outside supernatural power), like all purpose.
    / idk what else to say to make Atheism sound more optimistic.
    ~
    Believing in God fits pieces together and gives things purpose, for most people. Some people like the ideal of Atheism because they don't like the idea of some supernatural God who can pull strings at will, most if not all people have a natural ego like that.

    "I think therfore I am"
    What's to validate existence If I think therefore I am, my existence and since I base the exist of other things off the existence of myself is self validating. Can something be proven to truly be anything through self validation? If all truths are self validating what's to distinguish them from "not" truths. Without something to judge against a self validating truth who's to say it's true. /

    I don't have any interests in further depressing any atheist so my last line on the matter.
    Last edited by Arhk; 06-11-2010 at 08:16 AM.
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

    "True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "A man is determined by the strength of his will."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even
    in the face of uncertainty." - Arhk



  11. #101
    Super Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cloud and thunder, storm and rain, I will summon these elements to bring you the most intense pain.
    Posts
    2,833
    Reputation
    164
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post


    In that perspective yes, but a subjective purpose is a self validated purpose non the less (that is if you don't believe in any outside supernatural power), like most purposes.
    / idk what else to say to make Atheism sound more optimistic.
    ~
    ''There are 3 types of optimists,
    1) That sees the glass half empty,
    2) That sees the glass half full,
    3) That sees the glass that's twice as big as it should be.

    Author; Don't know''

    Can you explain YOUR definition of optimistic in your quote?

  12. #102
    Superpunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,396
    Reputation
    31
    Thanks
    115
    My Mood
    Mellow
    You don't have to obey rules like don't drink beer, don't use condoms and don't have sex untill your married.

    Sounds great, right?


  13. #103
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post


    In that perspective yes, but a subjective purpose is a self validated purpose nonetheless (that is if you don't believe in any outside supernatural power), like all purpose.
    / idk what else to say to make Atheism sound more optimistic.
    ~
    Atheism isn't inherently optimistic or pessimistic, it's a response to a claim, it is a binary position, any other connections you tie to atheism are purely your own.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  14. #104
    Arhk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,619
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    217
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Atheism isn't inherently optimistic or pessimistic, it's a response to a claim, it is a binary position, any other connections you tie to atheism are purely your own.
    Was just tryin' to keep spirits up on the matter didn't want anyone to start insinuating I was needlessly making things appear so depressing.
    ~
    I also updated that post a bit with some more context btw

    We can abstract from the principle of the fact after some more scrutiny the meaning of existence itself begins to unravel and keep our eyes on the idea of the meaning of life then. But inevitably Atheism does lead to that prospect since it has nothing in place to actually validate what existence is to mean.

    Believing in the power of the-self is an entertaining prospect but it doesn't hold up very well.
    Last edited by Arhk; 06-11-2010 at 08:28 AM.
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

    "True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "A man is determined by the strength of his will."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even
    in the face of uncertainty." - Arhk



  15. #105
    Hassan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    System.Threading.Tasks
    Posts
    4,765
    Reputation
    495
    Thanks
    2,004
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali G View Post
    i dont believe in god.
    I believe in people , in humans, into what humans can make and what humas can discover.
    I believe in science.
    So, you're saying that this world, this whole universe, you, me and everything in the universe are made without a creator ???

    The God does exists !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques Deval
    God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.


    Science can't do this...can't make even a fraction of the universe...Science fails !!!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. who here other than me is agnostic
    By Saxony-Alexander in forum General
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 03:47 PM
  2. Who else is pissed at the site maitenance?
    By SilentNinja78 in forum CrossFire Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 12:44 AM
  3. Who else is learning 3D?
    By Iwin in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 07:25 PM
  4. Something other than FRAPS
    By kimodragon in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 02:40 PM
  5. I come from Germany who else????
    By yacko in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 05:25 PM