Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post

That's what I talked about the entire time....
    ~
    Arhk, stop wasting time and clearly and eloquently define "true atheism".
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAMESABER View Post
    So, you're saying that this world, this whole universe, you, me and everything in the universe are made without a creator ???

The God does exists !!!

Science can't do this...can't make even a fraction of the universe...Science fails !!!
    If god exists then tell me where god himself came from. He is almighty isn't he? One of the highest of his kind right? The question I don't get a straight answer from is where does he come from? There would be something higher then god to create him, yet where did that being come from? That's a question I can never find an answer to.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    He didn't ask you, to say that.
    He asked you, to define your meaning of ''True Atheism''.

As I asked you, to define ''Optimism''.
    True Atheism that's what I discussed the entire time, the perspective of a true Atheist is that there is no supernatural entity or meaning to life (I wont say existence because, I might be the only person who always thinks of things in terms of existence).

You asked me to define Optimism which I don't understand / why.
    ~
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

"True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "A man is determined by the strength of his will."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even
    in the face of uncertainty." - Arhk

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

True Atheism that's what I discussed the entire time, the perspective of a true Atheist is that there is no supernatural entity or meaning to life.

~
    Let me just modify your definition and I'd be glad to accept it.

True atheism:
    "There is that there is no good reason to believe in a supernatural entity or objective meaning to life."

I have no problem with that. Quick question, what's your point?
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Cloud and thunder, storm and rain, I will summon these elements to bring you the most intense pain.
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

True Atheism that's what I discussed the entire time, the perspective of a true Atheist is that there is no supernatural entity or meaning to life (I wont say existence because, I might be the only person who always thinks of things in terms of existence).

~
    then why did you even bring up the word optimism, if you don't even get it yourself?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Let me just modify your definition and I'd be glad to accept it.

True atheism:
    "There is that there is no good reason to believe in a supernatural entity or objective meaning to life."

I have no problem with that. Quick question, what's your point?
    Never had a point just pointed out that most Atheist mistakenly believe in nothing while not seeing the big picture of believing in nothing. /
    then why did you even bring up the word optimism, if you don't even get it yourself?
    I don't understand why you're asking me to define optimism do I look like a dictionary man...? It's not that I don't know the meaning of the word just don't understand why you want me to define it for you?
    Optimism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary Dictionary /yea
    ~
    Last edited by Arhk; 06-11-2010 at 09:07 AM.

"True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even

Cloud and thunder, storm and rain, I will summon these elements to bring you the most intense pain.
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Never had a point just pointed out that most Atheist mistakenly believe in nothing while not seeing the big picture of believing in nothing. /

I don't understand why you're asking me to define optimism do I look like a dictionary man...? It's not that I don't know the meaning of the word just don't understand why you want me to define it for you?
    Optimism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary Dictionary /yea
    ~
    I may have had a typo.
    I never intentionally stated that you should give me the definition of ''Optimism'',
    I stated that you should give me YOUR definition of Optimism.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

~
    Ok wtf? How do you go from "atheists don't believe in gods" to "atheists believe in nothing"? Please point out the logic you are employing to make that leap.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Ok wtf? How do you go from "atheists don't believe in gods" to "atheists believe in nothing"? Please point out the logic you are employing to make that leap.
    After I said true Atheism I figured someone would catch on before they commented /
    And I went through saying how not believing in the supernatural invalidates the meaning of existence
    I may have had a typo.
    I never intentionally stated that you should give me the definition of ''Optimism'',
    I stated that you should give me YOUR definition of Optimism.
    When you're happy 'n lookin' forward to sumthin' /yea
    ~
    Last edited by Arhk; 06-11-2010 at 09:15 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

After I said true Atheism I figured someone would catch on before they commented /
    ~
    If you define true atheists as people who believe in nothing, you can do that but you won't find people who will accept that label because atheists don't "believe in nothing". A strawman and an assertion does not a logical argument make.

Not believing in God's does not invalidate a meaning for existence, how god damn thick are you?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    If you define true atheists as people who believe in nothing, you can do that but you won't find people who will accept that label because atheists don't "believe in nothing". A strawman and an assertion does not a logical argument make.
    I never talked about Atheist (in general terms, which could be as flexible as not believing in God but believing in reincarnation, or whatevers) I talked about true Atheism / I'm not sure if you're trying to interrogate a different answer out of me or sumthin'
    ~

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

I never talked about Atheist (in general terms, which could be as flexible as not believing in God but believing in reincarnation, or whatevers) I talked about true Atheism / I'm not sure if you're trying to interrogate a different answer out of me or sumthin'
    ~
    I think that True Atheism = Believing in the Non-Existance of God?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

~

Dude, wtf is your point? You've defined "true atheism" into something that very few atheists would ever accept and then argue like every atheist needs to accept true atheism.

Learn what a strawman argument is.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    im wiccan, i drink the blood of buddhists

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Dude, wtf is your point? You've defined "true atheism" into something that very few atheists would ever accept and then argue like every atheist needs to accept true atheism.

Learn what a strawman argument is.
    There are still atheist who believe nothing at all supernatural and that's who my post applies to.
    ~
    Also this wasn't an argument to begin with?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast