Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 146
  1. #121
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post


    That's what I talked about the entire time....
    ~
    Arhk, stop wasting time and clearly and eloquently define "true atheism".
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  2. #122
    Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    You would like to know wouldn't you.
    Posts
    4,665
    Reputation
    885
    Thanks
    1,244
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAMESABER View Post
    So, you're saying that this world, this whole universe, you, me and everything in the universe are made without a creator ???

    The God does exists !!!




    Science can't do this...can't make even a fraction of the universe...Science fails !!!
    If god exists then tell me where god himself came from. He is almighty isn't he? One of the highest of his kind right? The question I don't get a straight answer from is where does he come from? There would be something higher then god to create him, yet where did that being come from? That's a question I can never find an answer to.

  3. #123
    Arhk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,619
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    217
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    He didn't ask you, to say that.
    He asked you, to define your meaning of ''True Atheism''.

    As I asked you, to define ''Optimism''.
    True Atheism that's what I discussed the entire time, the perspective of a true Atheist is that there is no supernatural entity or meaning to life (I wont say existence because, I might be the only person who always thinks of things in terms of existence).

    You asked me to define Optimism which I don't understand / why.
    ~
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

    "True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "A man is determined by the strength of his will."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even
    in the face of uncertainty." - Arhk



  4. #124
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post


    True Atheism that's what I discussed the entire time, the perspective of a true Atheist is that there is no supernatural entity or meaning to life.

    You asked me to define Optimism which I don't understand / why.
    ~
    Let me just modify your definition and I'd be glad to accept it.

    True atheism:
    "There is that there is no good reason to believe in a supernatural entity or objective meaning to life."

    I have no problem with that. Quick question, what's your point?
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  5. #125
    Super Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cloud and thunder, storm and rain, I will summon these elements to bring you the most intense pain.
    Posts
    2,833
    Reputation
    164
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post


    True Atheism that's what I discussed the entire time, the perspective of a true Atheist is that there is no supernatural entity or meaning to life (I wont say existence because, I might be the only person who always thinks of things in terms of existence).

    You asked me to define Optimism which I don't understand / why.
    ~
    then why did you even bring up the word optimism, if you don't even get it yourself?

  6. #126
    Arhk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,619
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    217
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Let me just modify your definition and I'd be glad to accept it.

    True atheism:
    "There is that there is no good reason to believe in a supernatural entity or objective meaning to life."

    I have no problem with that. Quick question, what's your point?
    Never had a point just pointed out that most Atheist mistakenly believe in nothing while not seeing the big picture of believing in nothing. /
    Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    then why did you even bring up the word optimism, if you don't even get it yourself?
    I don't understand why you're asking me to define optimism do I look like a dictionary man...? It's not that I don't know the meaning of the word just don't understand why you want me to define it for you?
    Optimism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary Dictionary /yea
    ~
    Last edited by Arhk; 06-11-2010 at 09:07 AM.
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

    "True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "A man is determined by the strength of his will."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even
    in the face of uncertainty." - Arhk



  7. #127
    Super Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cloud and thunder, storm and rain, I will summon these elements to bring you the most intense pain.
    Posts
    2,833
    Reputation
    164
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post


    Never had a point just pointed out that most Atheist mistakenly believe in nothing while not seeing the big picture of believing in nothing. /


    I don't understand why you're asking me to define optimism do I look like a dictionary man...? It's not that I don't know the meaning of the word just don't understand why you want me to define it for you?
    Optimism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary Dictionary /yea
    ~
    I may have had a typo.
    I never intentionally stated that you should give me the definition of ''Optimism'',
    I stated that you should give me YOUR definition of Optimism.

  8. #128
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post


    Never had a point just pointed out that most Atheist mistakenly believe in nothing while not seeing the big picture of believing in nothing. /
    ~
    Ok wtf? How do you go from "atheists don't believe in gods" to "atheists believe in nothing"? Please point out the logic you are employing to make that leap.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  9. #129
    Arhk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,619
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    217
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Ok wtf? How do you go from "atheists don't believe in gods" to "atheists believe in nothing"? Please point out the logic you are employing to make that leap.
    After I said true Atheism I figured someone would catch on before they commented /
    And I went through saying how not believing in the supernatural invalidates the meaning of existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    I may have had a typo.
    I never intentionally stated that you should give me the definition of ''Optimism'',
    I stated that you should give me YOUR definition of Optimism.
    When you're happy 'n lookin' forward to sumthin' /yea
    ~
    Last edited by Arhk; 06-11-2010 at 09:15 AM.
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

    "True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "A man is determined by the strength of his will."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even
    in the face of uncertainty." - Arhk



  10. #130
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post


    After I said true Atheism I figured someone would catch on before they commented /
    ~
    If you define true atheists as people who believe in nothing, you can do that but you won't find people who will accept that label because atheists don't "believe in nothing". A strawman and an assertion does not a logical argument make.

    Not believing in God's does not invalidate a meaning for existence, how god damn thick are you?
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  11. #131
    Arhk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,619
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    217
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    If you define true atheists as people who believe in nothing, you can do that but you won't find people who will accept that label because atheists don't "believe in nothing". A strawman and an assertion does not a logical argument make.
    I never talked about Atheist (in general terms, which could be as flexible as not believing in God but believing in reincarnation, or whatevers) I talked about true Atheism / I'm not sure if you're trying to interrogate a different answer out of me or sumthin'
    ~
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

    "True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "A man is determined by the strength of his will."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even
    in the face of uncertainty." - Arhk



  12. #132
    Super Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cloud and thunder, storm and rain, I will summon these elements to bring you the most intense pain.
    Posts
    2,833
    Reputation
    164
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post


    I never talked about Atheist (in general terms, which could be as flexible as not believing in God but believing in reincarnation, or whatevers) I talked about true Atheism / I'm not sure if you're trying to interrogate a different answer out of me or sumthin'
    ~
    I think that True Atheism = Believing in the Non-Existance of God?

  13. #133
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post


    I never talked about Atheist (in general terms, which could be as flexible as not believing in God but believing in reincarnation, or whatevers) I talked about true Atheism / I'm not sure if you're trying to interrogate a different answer out of me or sumthin'
    ~


    Dude, wtf is your point? You've defined "true atheism" into something that very few atheists would ever accept and then argue like every atheist needs to accept true atheism.

    Learn what a strawman argument is.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  14. #134
    Gilcrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,370
    Reputation
    31
    Thanks
    86
    My Mood
    Breezy
    im wiccan, i drink the blood of buddhists

  15. #135
    Arhk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,619
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    217
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post


    Dude, wtf is your point? You've defined "true atheism" into something that very few atheists would ever accept and then argue like every atheist needs to accept true atheism.

    Learn what a strawman argument is.
    There are still atheist who believe nothing at all supernatural and that's who my post applies to.
    ~
    Also this wasn't an argument to begin with?
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

    "True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "A man is determined by the strength of his will."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even
    in the face of uncertainty." - Arhk



Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. who here other than me is agnostic
    By Saxony-Alexander in forum General
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 03:47 PM
  2. Who else is pissed at the site maitenance?
    By SilentNinja78 in forum CrossFire Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 12:44 AM
  3. Who else is learning 3D?
    By Iwin in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 07:25 PM
  4. Something other than FRAPS
    By kimodragon in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 02:40 PM
  5. I come from Germany who else????
    By yacko in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 05:25 PM